Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rating threads.

Art

I personally never want to see the reputation crap. It becomes a "who's your boy" type of thing, where the same people get rep passed back and forth regardless of what they say. I have seen it on several boards and some of the posters with the highest rep are as dumb as a rock, based on one good post, or one good thread, over their years on the forum. Even if you did a negative rep it wouldnt work, because inevitably some jackass would continue to try to get negative rep.

As far as this whole rate the thread stuff, I agree with Die Hard and OM. Dont think it will make any difference (or work), and just clutters the look of the board. But giving it a try doesnt hurt. One guy starts a thread thats flat out stupid, the first person that reads in rates it a 5, others click to read but dont rate. And say I start a researched thread about some random topic, and the first few people that read it is some of the very many rival fans that may not post much, but certainly are here frequently. Ehhh...

I appreciate your efforts, but certainly dont truly support this idea.

Terps.

If we enable reputations, the ultimate point would be we'd likely try to put in numbers that essentially banned members based on score. Obviously this wouldn't be automated as you could have 10 Eagle fans gang up on TR1 in Around the NFL to knock him out of here, and we'd ultimately review and have to approve reputation entries, but, if they are right, fair and reasonable, your negative rep will lead to an explusion, not a perpetual negative rep :).

As you can see, there are complexities to work out before that is fully embraced.

For the repuation thing, how about giving people a certin number of votes per day, week, month, whatever. It could be based on your post count, or time you've been a member on this site. That would eliminate people just voting a billion times.

As for the rating threads... the stars make the board look too crowded. :silly:

I don't understand the complaint about the stars making the board appear cluttered. Whoever has complained about that, could you possibly take a sec and explain that concept to me and why it bothers you? Thanks.

P.S. While you are at it, could you explain "Fung Shway?"

Great idea. One question - is there any way to keep your sorting permanently? I rank the threads by rating, but then once I enter and leave a thread again, it goes back to the default ranking system (by time).

It's a useless idea... and the results are showing themselves. People don't know how to vote for threads.

You have quality news and rumor threads being voted 2 stars because fans don't like the concept of the information... regardless of the quality of the content.

Give it some time, bro! :laugh:

I don't understand the complaint about the stars making the board appear cluttered. Whoever has complained about that, could you possibly take a sec and explain that concept to me and why it bothers you? Thanks.

P.S. While you are at it, could you explain "Fung Shway?"

I dunno, looks kinda stupid to me. Can we change them to Redskin symbols or somtin?

One thing that needs to be looked at is that a thread cannot be voted on more than once by the same member.

I have lodged my vote for this thread, and when the page refreshed, I still have the ability to vote again (and possibly again and again and again .......).

For anyone who decides to cheat the system, continued low voting would give a false indication to the true rating of any given thread.

One thing that needs to be looked at is that a thread cannot be voted on more than once by the same member.

I have lodged my vote for this thread, and when the page refreshed, I still have the ability to vote again (and possibly again and again and again .......).

For anyone who decides to cheat the system, continued low voting would give a false indication to the true rating of any given thread.

Send your vote through. See what happens :).

• 2 weeks later...
How come I can't see your avatar Mr. Hard?

No idea... I've noticed this glitch for the past 2 days. I'm not in a position to do anything about it.

Then again, I couldn't care less about avatars or post counts either. I simply stand by my horrible reputation my moniker has earned :)

Archived