Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dockery visits Buffalo

Griff

OL Dockery Also In Buffalo For A Visit

The offensive line is getting the early attention at One Bills Drive as Washington free agent guard Derrick Dockery is the third lineman to arrive in Buffalo today.

Earlier today Oakland free agent right tackle Langston Walker arrived in Orchard Park to meet with the Buffalo coaching staff as he considers the Bills as a potential new employer.

Dockery however, is considered one of the premier interior free agent linemen on the market.

The 6'6" 335 pound lineman has been Washington's starting left guard since the time the Redskins made him a third round draft pick in 2003. Over the last two seasons one thing Washington has been able to do is run the football ranking 7th in rushing in 2005 and 4th in 2006.

Dockery has also proven durable in his four-year career as he has made 61 consecutive starts.

If Buffalo manages to sign Dockery he would likely step right in to the vacant left guard position. That could create a very physically imposing left side on Buffalo's offensive line as he would be paired up with emerging Pro Bowl talent Jason Peters.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4645

Dock's going out there, ( and I think that he was going to do so no matter what the Skins offered), trying to see what he's worth or at least what other teams are willing to pay for him. It's about the only way to do so. And if either Buffalo or Atlanta, ( depending on where he's at at the moment),or both, may offer him a contract, that worth will have a more exact number. Skins will probably have the option to match or do better than what he's offered in those places. Skins may not have agreed with what Dock and his agent were asking for and now comes the chance to see who the market agrees with.

Dock's going out there, ( and I think that he was going to do so no matter what the Skins offered), trying to see what he's worth or what teams are willing to pay for him. It's about the only way to do so. And if either Buffalo or Atlanta, ( depending on where he's at at the moment),or both, may offer him a contract, that worth will have a more exact number. Skins will probably have the option to match or do better than what he's offered in those places. Skins may not have agreed with what Dock and his agent were asking for and now comes the chance to see who the market agrees with.

That's the scenerio I'm hoping for.

Dock's going out there, ( and I think that he was going to do so no matter what the Skins offered), trying to see what he's worth or what teams are willing to pay for him. It's about the only way to do so. And if either Buffalo or Atlanta, ( depending on where he's at at the moment),or both, may offer him a contract, that worth will have a more exact number. Skins will probably have the option to match or do better than what he's offered in those places. Skins may not have agreed with what Dock and his agent were asking for and now comes the chance to see who the market agrees with.

Word.

And to amplify ... the Redskins have a maximim number in mind--not the one they've actually offered so far, but their real line-in-the-sand number. And they'll stick with it. [see: Pierce, Anthony] If Dock gets hard offers above that number, he'll be gone. If he gets offers at or below, the Skins will match and it'll up to Dock to decide what he wants to do.

And either way, half of ES will go ballistic. :)

Word.

And to amplify ... the Redskins have a maximim number in mind--not the one they've actually offered so far, but their real line-in-the-sand number. And they'll stick with it. [see: Pierce, Anthony] If Dock gets hard offers above that number, he'll be gone. If he gets offers at or below, the Skins will match and it'll up to Dock to decide what he wants to do.

And either way, half of ES will go ballistic. :)

I dont know Om, I think most of us would be happy if we pay Dock, just not some obcene contract. If he gets a bit less than what some of the other FA guards to stay, I think we'd all be happy here. But I think 's gone.:(

Oh no. Om's right. No matter what, a section of this board will melt down and tell us how bad the FO is for either not signing him back on or for over paying him. Or something along those lines. It's the nature of the beast/asylum that is ES. :)

Looking at that earlier post, I really need to start editing. :doh:

Archived