Extremeskins

Well This Game Proves Something..

Bhutanibeast

Who Do You Want The Runner To Be  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want The Runner To Be

• Betts
    • Portis
    • I'm crazy for even asking this as there are multiple threads on this every week.

really mention it a million times, and you have 300+ posts. youre obviously misinformed and thikn age= knowledge about football.. its unbelievable how you cant agree with anyone and everyone knows where your wrong.. its like your some internet tough guy.. go ahead cry me a river:laugh:

who is everyone little boy? I can only see a few of you sucking on each other crotches

And about the stupidest mess

There should be a surgeon generals warning before some the posts in this thread. :rolleyes:

Agreed PCS. In particular, Bang's posts have been dangerous to my health as I've had a hard time catching my breath from all the :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: The same is true for Skin4evere4life but in his case I think he's in a hypertensive crisis. :laugh:

1. Well first off, id would like to thank all of you for making this such a popular thread. THis is actually the first thread i have started without getting sarcastic responses or it getting closed.

2. I have changed my original stance. Previously i said that one of them needs to go. However, i believe that Portis needs to have a fair shot behind this offensive line, this late into the year when people are more comfortable with the offense. Many people are saying that Betts is a better fit while others are saying that Portis would be taking some those runs all the way to the house. WE have to give them both an equal opportunity to show what they can do.

I think that possibly, after 4 or 5 games next year, we get rid of the less productive one to a team that desperately needs a RB in the middle of the season.

1. Well first off, id would like to thank all of you for making this such a popular thread. THis is actually the first thread i have started without getting sarcastic responses or it getting closed.

2. I have changed my original stance. Previously i said that one of them needs to go. However, i believe that Portis needs to have a fair shot behind this offensive line, this late into the year when people are more comfortable with the offense. Many people are saying that Betts is a better fit while others are saying that Portis would be taking some those runs all the way to the house. WE have to give them both an equal opportunity to show what they can do.

I think that possibly, after 4 or 5 games next year, we get rid of the less productive one to a team that desperately needs a RB in the middle of the season.

I don't think we should give either of them up, we need a combo like them :)

It's like the "Betts fumbles all the time" argument. In 61 games, Betts has fumbled 8 times, and it was lost 3 times in his career acording to the stats on NFL.com. Portis in 68 games has fumbled 16 times, and 2 were lost. So, Portis has actually blown the play more then Betts, and has only lost it one time less. So, even though Betts gave the ball to the other team one time more then Portis, how many drives were stalled due to twice as many balls caughed up by Portis ? Do people see Portis as a fumble machine........... nope, yet Betts gets the bad rap.

:doh:

Betts doesn't even have close to 1/2 the carries of Portis in his career. You make it sound like they have the same amount of carries and Portis has fumbled 2x as much. Not quite the case.

The bottom line to me is until the team uses Betts regularly on 3rd and short and at the goal line and he does the job then he can't possibly replace Portis. Portis has 52 rushing TD's, Betts has 7. It's not close. Portis still has 3.5 times more TD's this season than Betts and he only ran the ball 14-15 times a game in 8 games this year. Betts hasn't proven a lot until he starts getting into the endzone regularly.

Hey guy's face it Portis is not strong. In saying that he can't break tackles the way Bett's did today. Face it Portis is not physical enough for this offense. Prove me wrong with some video on offense. I am willing to proven otherwise.

OK

Go to clintonportis.com

watch the intro video. I made it. :) (It';s a large file, so if it hangs, right click, press 'rewind', wait a few seconds then right click and press 'play')

I only had 25 or so seconds to work with, so I tried to show how physical he is along with the usual highlights.

So in there you'll see him bang into the end zone vs the bucs with as tough a run as you'll find.. he hits the safety head on, drives with his legs and blasts his way in.

You'll see him run into a pile of about 7 Giants, and bust thru it for another 12 yards

You'll see him flat out put Bucs LB Shelton Quarles to SLEEP with a shoulder block. The guy is out cold before he hits the turf. that one play alone should be enough. Holy smokes he nailed Quarles!

The style I used is kind of choppy and runs by fast, but all of these vids can be found on youtube.

I just don't feel like looking.

CP can definitely hit. Just because he's fast, don't think he's not physical. People on the other side of the line who think he hasn't got power find out otherwise often enough.

the one thing I don't like about his running style is he looks like he runs out from under his own feet sometimes.

~Bang

Betts is running great. He is hitting the holes and making the most of them. He is getting the yards however he is hardly breaking tackles which is ok since his first contact coomes about 5 yards up field .

However we aren't using the same running plays with Betts as for Portis. We aren't even running the same amount with Portis as we are with betts this season. If we give Portis those same run plays and Campbell as QB he would have at least 3 or 4 touchdwons. Im not down on Betts I'm just saying from watching all his videos that portis is more explosive, more physical, better vision, and blocks a hell of a lot better than betts. BUT I WANT BOTH BACK NEXT YEAR.

Wow, I mean really wow. :yikes:

I like to read a lot of the messages before I put my :2cents: in any of the threads. I’ve been a member since August and most of my posts have been

on game day, but hey that’s who I am.

Things that I have learned while reading this thread and many others:

1. Always read the rules.

2. Try to feel other poster’s view though it might not be the same as yours.

3. Everyone has the right to start a thread (unless you fall into the no new

threads group), but try to be creative. I can’t count how many times I’ve

seen “Please Stop the Clinton Portis Trade Threads”. The original poster was

creative only to the point that he said

... i feel that the redskins need to get rid of one of their starting RB's. It is a waste to have both of them, when the team could get significantly better by getting rid of one of them.

OK, different thread, but basically the same information, but with a lot more

comedy. You didn't say Portis specifically, but ok.

4. Patrick Ramsey’s name will show up in a thread when you least expect it.

Ramsey was a better quaterback than Campbell and the only reason that he is starting is that he is all that we have left.

5. Patrick Ramsey does not play for the Redskins anymore, but is loved by two members of ES. (Possibly just one)

Holy Crap!! AJ has two accounts!!

6. The true meaning of "Ferrous Cranus".

7. When in doubt refer to number 1.

Thanks for everyone that contributed to my football knowledge tonight. :laugh:

And for my input in the original matter:

I’ve stated in a previous thread that I like the 1-2 punch of our running backs

and I still stand by it. I do agree clubs need more than one RB that can make

a difference. I won’t hit you with all these millions of stats like people like to

do on these boards. I like the idea that I’ve seen with my own eyes what I

have determined to be a possibility what Washington’s running game can be

next year.

HTTR

I don't mind having both Portis and Betts. Both are good in very different ways, and both have their own weaknesses. It would be good to have them. I know that Portis trade possiblity or whatever. And I know thats an option. But he is the heart of this team and really our star player. But hopefully we can get rid of some of these overpaid, injury prone guys, and keep them both, and find a way to utilize both of their talents.

Agreed PCS. In particular, Bang's posts have been dangerous to my health as I've had a hard time catching my breath from all the :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: The same is true for Skin4evere4life but in his case I think he's in a hypertensive crisis. :laugh:

whatever that means I'll say "OK" but while they were on "extremeskins" talking to each other (GUYS) about Clinton, Ladelle, Jason and Mark...I found better things to do with my time with Tammy (a female)

I do like the game but football has to stop somewhere and I think that they STOPPED at the foot and STARTED playing with each other's balls

The Houston Texans are a franchise in the desperate position of needing to save some face by picking up a stud running back. They blew the Reggie Bush pick and people will never get over it unless they get a stud RB thru trade of free agency. I'd dangle Duckett and Betts in front of them and see what they offer. At the very least try and get the 4th rounder that we gave Atlanta back for Duckett. We might be able to pry a second round pick from them for Betts, if we want to deal one of our backs.

Let me try my fly-swatter. :)

Oh man...

...and here I thought we were going to have our very own, home-grown "Pittman4Two" on our hands. :laugh:

I was just waiting for an assertion somewhere along the lines of "if we score more points than our opponents without Campbell at QB we will almost always win the match." :D

But it is evident that Ladell Betts is a starting RB in the NFL. This game has shown that he has everything that a RB needs: vision, patience, great hands, and tackle-breaking ability.

I think you're referring to laast seasons playoff game against Tampa Bay.

sounds about right...either way it made me proud:D . when we brought in TJ in the begining of the season the media ask portis about TJ being a 'bruiser' back, and making those to a thunder and lightning duo...portis responded w/ "im a bruiser too"...i think that guy would concur.

Archived