Extremeskins

Well This Game Proves Something..

Bhutanibeast

Who Do You Want The Runner To Be  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want The Runner To Be

• Betts
    • Portis
    • I'm crazy for even asking this as there are multiple threads on this every week.

yeah...ok...whatever

13 completions and 200 yds passing and we have people shaking in their boots

Betts is running the ball well and that should not go un-noticed or try to be placed on anyone else... hell...Brunnell was throwing for 200 yards when he was in there

They may not be scared....but they atleast they respect his arm....

Do you realize that Brunell was

27 - 71 in passes over 10 yards with only 4 TD's and 3 INT's

while Campbell already has

over 25 completions of passes over 10 yards or more...with 4 TD's and only 1 INT in half the time...

So dont act like teams dont see this and respect it...

JC is a deep threat, deep threats behind center make defenses play off the line which = yards on the ground.

And whoever is on here saying betts canbreak tackles better than portis :doh: . Thats the only thing I dislike about Betts is that he doesn't break the tackles for big yardage like CP does and the thing about CP I don't like is that he does not hit the hole like Betts does. Betts longest run ever is 27 yards, Portis is 65. I don't know if Betts can break off long runs like CP does, or if he has the speed and stamina to outrun the DBs. Pt those two tegether though and you got a beast running game.

It amazes me that people who come up with this type of mess is in the 18 to 23 year old range and is just beginning to get their feet wet in sports

JC ,as of yet, has not proven to be any kind of a threat....does he have a good arm (Yes)...Does he have potential (Yes) but right now he makes more mistakes than he creates good plays so he is not creating anymore yards on the ground than you or I

They may not be scared....but they atleast they respect his arm....

Do you realize that Brunell was

27 - 71 in passes over 10 yards with only 4 TD's and 3 INT's

while Campbell already has

over 25 completions of passes over 10 yards or more...with 4 TD's and only 1 INT in half the time...

So dont act like teams dont see this and respect it...

AIN'T NO FREAKIN BODY SHAKING OVER NO JASON CAMPBELL!!!

dude, ive played organized football and i doubt you have.. u simply think since your in your mid 40s u know more about football. it may or may not be true. jason campbell has gotten vital yards when rushed out of the pocket and so far hes made some good decisions.. tell me where he has made more mistakes than makign good plays.

Am I the only one that retains memory from season to season? Portis currently holds our franchise record for yards and you guys want to trade him away for a second round pick? Yes a 2nd round pick because that's all we would get for him if we were extremely lucky. Betts has never started a full season and hasn't even been available a whole season for us due to injuries.

dude, ive played organized football and i doubt you have.. u simply think since your in your mid 40s u know more about football. it may or may not be true. jason campbell has gotten vital yards when rushed out of the pocket and so far hes made some good decisions.. tell me where he has made more mistakes than makign good plays.

organized football I have played...it is not because I am in my mid-40's it is because I am not looking at the player and saying that he is all this because he wearing my teams jersey...all of the young Qb's save Cutler are having better games than Campbell ...believe me...there is not going to be any Campbell-mania until he stops throwing the ball in the ground and at 6'5" he should not be getting his balls batted down as musch as he has

His passer rating is not lying on him either

i said ''respecting''...you dont have to fear someone to respect their abilities...

maybe a little more than Brunell as far as deep passes but he is nowhere near where some of my fellow redskinians are trying to put him...

This may be his 5th start but he is not a rookie and progress on his throwing motion should have been made well before now

I admittingly like his accuracy on his deep passes especially the one before the half that was nearly caught between 2 defenders

but he is hardly the quaterback as of yet that is going to make any team shiver and will not be until he reduces his mistakes. It is ridiculous that at 6'5" that defensive linemen keep their hands on his passes

No joke at all. Is Portis physical. All i am asking is to show me. Show me where the joke is!

Portis is Physical. He might not be the biggest guy in the world but at 215, he does bring a load. Doubt it, look at what he has done blocking linebackers. He crushes them.

I was not a huge fan of the trade for Portos, and I thought his first year here he was not physical at all. But the last 2 years he has been very physical.

Am I the only one that retains memory from season to season? Portis currently holds our franchise record for yards and you guys want to trade him away for a second round pick? Yes a 2nd round pick because that's all we would get for him if we were extremely lucky. Betts has never started a full season and hasn't even been available a whole season for us due to injuries.

I am not so sure about you saying that we could only get a 2nd round pick. It seems like some team 3 years ago gave up the best CB in the league, all pro, all world, all whatever Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick for Portis. So i dont think you could say the skins would be luckyto get a 2nd round pick.

maybe a little more than Brunell as far as deep passes but he is nowhere near where some of my fellow redskinians are trying to put him...

This may be his 5th start but he is not a rookie and progress on his throwing motion should have been made well before now

I admittingly like his accuracy on his deep passes especially the one before the half that was nearly caught between 2 defenders

but he is hardly the quaterback as of yet that is going to make any team shiver and will not be until he reduces his mistakes. It is ridiculous that at 6'5" that defensive linemen keep their hands on his passes

Have you ever played QB position? OK.

I may only be 19 but on the contrary to your earlier post I am not just getting my feet wet when it comes to sports. I played multiple sports all through middle school and Highschool and have followed Football for a while now.

I am young but I can see the obvious when it comes to my football team whom I follow 364 1/4 days of the year.

Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts offset one anothers weaknesses ala Portis breaking tackles for big gains and TDs and Betts hitting the holes quickly and getting chucks of yards every time he touches the ball.

Defenses also have to respect JC's arm if they didn't they wouldn't be playing NFL football. Wether he is 30% completion or 80% of 30+ yards every time the ball travels that far there is a chance of a quick score.

Defenses keep the play in front of them and when a QB can throw the ball 60 yards without blinking then the secondary has to account for that and when they do that the LB crew has to account more the 10+ yard range which = running lanes for RBs.

IF this were true, then teams would be scared of almost every starting QB in the league. Most NFL Qb's can throw the ball 60 yards, but you dont see every team having a good running game.

Conversely, you rarely see Philip Rivers or Trent Green throw the ball that deep, but they still have awesome running games. The QB factor really isnt true unless you have a Peyton, Tom, or Carson back there.

I am not so sure about you saying that we could only get a 2nd round pick. It seems like some team 3 years ago gave up the best CB in the league, all pro, all world, all whatever Champ Bailey and a 2nd round pick for Portis. So i dont think you could say the skins would be luckyto get a 2nd round pick.

dude, we would be lucky to get a 1st day pick for portis.. no 1 dumb enough execpt us gives away draft picks like we do

They have LaDanian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson, thats almost not fair in comparison.

I am not saying they need to be scared I am saying they have to account for it, if they don't well then they would be called the Lions.. :laugh:

Have you ever played QB position? OK.

I may only be 19 but on the contrary to your earlier post I am not just getting my feet wet when it comes to sports. I played multiple sports all through middle school and Highschool and have followed Football for a while now.

I am young but I can see the obvious when it comes to my football team whom I follow 364 1/4 days of the year.

Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts offset one anothers weaknesses ala Portis breaking tackles for big gains and TDs and Betts hitting the holes quickly and getting chucks of yards every time he touches the ball.

Defenses also have to respect JC's arm if they didn't they wouldn't be playing NFL football. Wether he is 30% completion or 80% of 30+ yards every time the ball travels that far there is a chance of a quick score.

Defenses keep the play in front of them and when a QB can throw the ball 60 yards without blinking then the secondary has to account for that and when they do that the LB crew has to account more the 10+ yard range which = running lanes for RBs.

Yeah I played football too from pop-warner to Sr. High but that has nothing to do with being biased against one player and in favor of another

I said that they may respect his arm maybe a little more than they do Brunell but i can gaurantee you that he is not getting the respect of 80% of the QB's in the league so I do not think that they are doing anything special in their preparation for him like they would a Vick

Will you please tell me one time that he has thrown a completed pases for 60 yards and before you mention Cooley game winning touchdown catch please remember that Cooley ran for almost 50 of those yards after the catch

If a team is only completing 13 or so passes a game for 150 yards but one running back is running for 120+ a game. Which aspect of the game do you think that defenses would prepare for?

IF this were true, then teams would be scared of almost every starting QB in the league. Most NFL Qb's can throw the ball 60 yards, but you dont see every team having a good running game.

Conversely, you rarely see Philip Rivers or Trent Green throw the ball that deep, but they still have awesome running games. The QB factor really isnt true unless you have a Peyton, Tom, or Carson back there.

I agree with you but let me have this one

He is not making any sense at all

13 completions with 150 yards is 11 yards a pass, they may prepare for the run but when you do pass after pass after pass then hit them with a run they will be thinking pass.

And Vick is overrated :2cents: (just thout I would add that)

I am not trying to annoint JC but the running game has opened up with him behind center because there are no longer 8 or 9 guys in the box every snap. Where does that come from?

They have LaDanian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson, thats almost not fair in comparison.

I am not saying they need to be scared I am saying they have to account for it, if they don't well then they would be called the Lions.. :laugh:

So why are you not saying that LT and LJ numbers are because of Phillips and Green?

You are contadicting yourself

Portis

02 started 12 games played in 16

03 started 13 games played in 13

04 started 15 games played in 15

05 started 16 games played in 16

06 started 7 games played in 8

Total of 68 games played in *NOTE* Portis has been the starting back for his teams from 03 on.

Three out of 5 seasons he's not been available for the entire season.

Betts

02 started 0 games played in 11

03 started 1 games played in 9

04 started 1 games played in 16

05 started 0 games played in 12

06 started 6 games played in 13

Total of 61 games played in. *NOTE* As a back up, there's no way to be sure if he was available for even more games then shown here.

Well, Betts has played in 7 less games then Portis over their careers. Betts has played in 41 as a Redskin, while Portis has played in only 38. Yup, sounds like there's been an availability problem at running back.................

Again, I don't want to see either guy out of a Skins uni, but get the facts straight before bashing Betts.

So why are you not saying that LT and LJ numbers are because of Phillips and Green?

You are contadicting yourself

No I am not. LT and LJ are two of the top 5 backs in the league they can score almost all the points their team needs every Sunday and without them their teams wouldn't be where they are now.

13 completions with 150 yards is 11 yards a pass, they may prepare for the run but when you do pass after pass after pass then hit them with a run they will be thinking pass.

And Vick is overrated :2cents: (just thout I would add that)

I am not trying to annoint JC but the running game has opened up with him behind center because there are no longer 8 or 9 guys in the box every snap. Where does that come from?

so while you were looking at the same game that i was looking at you did not see Betts hit a small crease and turn it into a 10 yard game? You did not see Betts break tackles and turn them into 10 yard games? You did not see Betts run to a hole that became sealed and find another one for 10 yards?

How did the passing game create those runs for him?

Breaking a 10 yard run as compared to CP who can break 20+ yarders. Betts does not have the feet and eyesight that CP does while he is on the run, and with them two together as a tandum will make this team that much better when it comes to the run because as I have said before their running styles make up for the others weakness.

No I am not. LT and LJ are two of the top 5 backs in the league they can score almost all the points their team needs every Sunday and without them their teams wouldn't be where they are now.

so they don't need a passing game to open them up huh?

just Ladelle...

the defenses does not have to "play in front of their team" as you put it in a earlier post like you were taught in high school

top 5 backs get exceptions to rules huh?

Archived