Extremeskins

Well This Game Proves Something..

Bhutanibeast

Who Do You Want The Runner To Be  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want The Runner To Be

• Betts
    • Portis
    • I'm crazy for even asking this as there are multiple threads on this every week.

Stop with the trade Portis talk. Portis has shown year in and year out that he gets the job done. Betts has been injured every year except this one. That is all you need to know.

So, you can assure us within a showdow of a doubt that Portis will be dureable next season, and will not miss a game.

Portis had an ankle problem last season that limited his playing time in a few games. He's had shoulder problems that limited him last season. Yes, he had an outstanding season, but he's had his share of injuries. He's gotten pretty beaten up this season, and I pretty sure he's going to have the shoulder worked (sergury) on in the off season.

My point is, don't count your chickens.......... ;)

I agree with Bozman that Portis may not be the best fit for this offense....if we continue to see him as the bulldozing bruiser that we've tried to make him into. If however, we instead chose to use him as M. Faulk was with the Lambs, Westbrook with the Fecals or R. Bush with the 'Aints, everyone would benefit. Portis would get to operate in space more often where he can better use his speed/moves and Betts would get the bulk of the carries to keep the chains moving. In effect what I'm advocating is more or less switching the roles of the two backs.

And for the record, you just can't trade C-Po. He's a great talent and locker room leader plus any deal for him would absolutely kill our cap while providing not nearly his value in return. Sorry, but the trade Portis idea is DOA...and yes, I read your post. I was referring to this line of thinking in general.

So, you can assure us within a showdow of a doubt that Portis will be dureable next season, and will not miss a game.

Portis had an ankle problem last season that limited his playing time in a few games. He's had shoulder problems that limited him last season. Yes, he had an outstanding season, but he's had his share of injuries. He's gotten pretty beaten up this season, and I pretty sure he's going to have the shoulder worked (sergury) on in the off season.

My point is, don't count your chickens.......... ;)

Thank you Pete.

Betts is playing EXTREMELY well. His performances (and our O lines) have been inspiring.

That said, He is still the 2nd best RB on our team - if only for his weakness in blocking. The good thing is that thats something he can learn and develope.

:logo:

Hey guy's face it Portis is not strong. In saying that he can't break tackles the way Bett's did today. Face it Portis is not physical enough for this offense. Prove me wrong with some video on offense. I am willing to proven otherwise.

Did you watch last year's games????

Try the film room at warpath.net they have alot of games from last year and

you will hear various sports commentators say CP is a physical runner and doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

We have two rb's who get the job done.We're damn lucky!!!!

Second this is not a knock against Betts but he's not getting into the endzone CP does.All the yardage is nice but he's NOT scoring.

Trade Portis? Anybody paying attention can see they are not running the same plays that Portis was running. Much more up the gut now. We still have trouble running the sprint plays. Portis would have the same if not better numbers as Betts with these same plays. This being said I love Betts

Your right Betts tends to get hurt every year except for this one. However, you cant deny that Portis doesnt get hurt. He ended 2 of his 3 years here in D.C. on IR

O yea, and next time try reading my entire post. I never said Trade Portis, i said to trade one of our two starting RB's.

no he did't he only missed 1 game last 2 years what are you smoking?

The folks that have gotten on the "drop Portis" bandwagon must have forgotten how he put the team on his back and brought them to the playoffs last year. He saved the team game after game.

people seem to forget what he has done for this team

portis is the only one on this team to score a TD on a nfc east opponent this year

portis is the one that tied the game late with his long td against phili last year

portis is the one that scored the only Td in the playoffs against tampa

portis is the one that made santana moss have 1400 yard season

portis is the one that makes players around him better

Did you watch last year's games????

Try the film room at warpath.net they have alot of games from last year and

you will hear various sports commentators say CP is a physical runner and doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

We have two rb's who get the job done.We're damn lucky!!!!

Second this is not a knock against Betts but he's not getting into the endzone CP does.All the yardage is nice but he's NOT scoring.

Yes i watch every game. At least once , most of the time twice. I also know Portis is not very physical gets tackled by the first defender and never gets extra yards. So before you confront me with Portis being physical and breaking tackles show me with some proof. It's not out there!

Yes i watch every game. At least once , most of the time twice. I also know Portis is not very physical gets tackled by the first defender and never gets extra yards. So before you confront me with Portis being physical and breaking tackles show me with some proof. It's not out there!

portis and edgerrin james were top 2 in yards after first hit in 2005 season i dont know what you were talking about:doh:

Hey guy's face it Portis is not strong. In saying that he can't break tackles the way Bett's did today. Face it Portis is not physical enough for this offense. Prove me wrong with some video on offense. I am willing to proven otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElEY3IxDqNg

Decide for yourself. Make sure you pay attention to the block in the backfield, which he did on more than just the one occasion.

First off, Duckett had a good game, considering how often he got the ball. 4+ ypc is pretty good.

Second, Portis is the starter. He can break tackles. He's done it in the past. He can get tough yards.

Third, Betts looks like one at the moment. But starters don't cough off the ball like he did. Could been a huge play.

Fourth and final, we will get, at best, a 2nd rounder for Portis. Thats it. Most likely a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'd much rather just keep to quality running backs and ram it down opposing team's throats 40 times a game :D

I just can't believe the way fans are bashing Portis on this board. :doh: The guy who just broke the Redskins all time rushing record the year before.I see no problem with having Portis and Betts both on offense next year. I'm looking foward to running all over defenses next year!!I think it is great because we are going to be a run first team from now on!!!Truth is having two great running backs only fits more into Gibbs power running style of football.The long drives that Gibbs likes to put together on the ground can gas a running back and having two can help this.I think Portis is much better in the redzone than Betts.I would use Betts to move the ball downfield and use Portis more in the redzone. :2cents:

shouldn't there be some limit on how many threads exist that revolve around trading portis?? BTW, on this little run betts is on, we are only 2-2. portis rushes for 100=win. I like betts, i LOVE portis.

I wonder where all these "trade portis" people will be next year when he is back, healthy and running the way he did last year??? We have 2 great backs and gibbs football in running so why is it so bad that we are stacked at that position??????????

Betts+Portis=insanity

Your right Betts tends to get hurt every year except for this one. However, you cant deny that Portis doesnt get hurt. He ended 2 of his 3 years here in D.C. on IR

O yea, and next time try reading my entire post. I never said Trade Portis, i said to trade one of our two starting RB's.

You have a right to state you opinion just as anyone else has on here does so I do not know why dude wanted to attack your statement. I am for trading Portis but Gibbs said that Portis will be his starter next season and we are going to have to except that being Redskins fans and all. One thing that I am NOT going to do next year though is knock Portis as these people are knocking Betts because they are pro-Portis.

Everytime that Portis have the ball next year I have going to hope that he takes it to the housebecause I am going to be hoping that the 'Skins win every game. Betts is running his azz off and all people here wants to talk about is how Portis would have ran it if he was not hurt. These are not Redskins fans they are Portis fans because if they were loyal to the team it whomever runs the ball they would be rooting for

Its entirely likely that we'll see a combo of Betts and Portis, which would mean Portis might be able to stay healthy for a full season if in the event we are contenders next season. We'll never get value for Portis, teams just aren't willing to come off of much for a proven back these days. ESPECIALLY, a proven back coming off of a major surgery.

this would be perfect, it would be hard to scheme against an offense with betts and portis in the backfield knowing that they are both cpable of carrying the load. if portis gets 15-20 a game and betts gets 15-20 carries i believe we can get max potential out of both of them and our offense

this would be perfect, it would be hard to scheme against an offense with betts and portis in the backfield knowing that they are both cpable of carrying the load. if portis gets 15-20 a game and betts gets 15-20 carries i believe we can get max potential out of both of them and our offense

They are not going to split carries Portis will get most of the carries and Betts will go back to 3rd down catches out of the backfield....what a waste of talent!!!

They are not going to split carries Portis will get most of the carries and Betts will go back to 3rd down catches out of the backfield....what a waste of talent!!!

we arent getting anything in return if they trade em.. if portis is traded it will result in a 7 mil cap hit. no team would give us anything in return where most teams know you can find a solid rb late into the draft..

Archived