Extremeskins

Well This Game Proves Something..

Bhutanibeast

Who Do You Want The Runner To Be  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want The Runner To Be

• Betts
    • Portis
    • I'm crazy for even asking this as there are multiple threads on this every week.

:doh:I just don't get this trade Portis talk all of a sudden, back-ups are just that back-ups. We have made too many mistakes with letting players go thinking we could put anyone in their place. Let's just stay loyal to the players we have and win some games and spoil

someone else's season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said:applause: some of these same people calling for a trade would be kicking themselves Week 4 next season because all those rushing yds are nice stats and highlights on ESPN but they ARE NOT POINTS so it won't win you a single game.

CP SCORES period point blank!

F.Y.I- CP has 5 games last year at then end where it COUNTED where he rushed for over 100 yds himself, so this clearly shows us that we HAVE 2 CAPABLE RB's:cheers: to us.

The offense is much more balanced now. Teams can not load up the box and dare the Redskins to throw deep. Then when teams are worried about the passing game that also helps the run.

yeah...ok...whatever

13 completions and 200 yds passing and we have people shaking in their boots

Betts is running the ball well and that should not go un-noticed or try to be placed on anyone else... hell...Brunnell was throwing for 200 yards when he was in there

are you serious? brunell throw for 200+ in only 3 out of 10 starts.. jason campebll started off the game 6/8 for 125+.. this defintely loosen up the pocket for him. he had alot of overthrows and underthrows or the # would defintely increased.. brunell got alot of his yards thru the check downs and late in the cowboys and indy game.. do you see any checkdowns that we are running now? damn, people have short memories here

are you serious? brunell throw for 200+ in only 3 out of 10 starts.. jason campebll started off the game 6/8 for 125+.. this defintely loosen up the pocket for him. he had alot of overthrows and underthrows or the # would defintely increased..

you are nuts if you think that Jason is tearing up the league his high is 217 the only 200 yarder before today he has been throwing for like 119 here 170 there...those are not loosen up th defense numbers and he throws it into the ground more than the law allow

He is not one of the top young Qbs

LOL...You are funny ...yeah ...HE...had a lot of over and under throws every game

no one is scared of this dude yet

Hey guy's face it Portis is not strong. In saying that he can't break tackles the way Bett's did today. Face it Portis is not physical enough for this offense. Prove me wrong with some video on offense. I am willing to proven otherwise.

Look at almost every game we played last season, especially pay attention to the last 5 regular season games. You don't get 1500+ yards with no monster games and only 2 monster runs unless you are physical. Many times, you'd just look up after you thought he was getting nothing and it'd be a 4, 5, 6 yard run. He converted a whole bunch of 3 and short conversions. This year, he had 7 rushing TDs and several of those were in goal situations. Go back to 2004, he got 1300+ yards with just 1 monster run and no other threat besides him. He's not physical?

Yes i watch every game. At least once , most of the time twice. I also know Portis is not very physical gets tackled by the first defender and never gets extra yards. So before you confront me with Portis being physical and breaking tackles show me with some proof. It's not out there!

Portis rarely goes down on first contact, you must no have watched any of the games last year.

Please lets let Betts play continue to speak for its self. People here are coming up with some crazy stuff just for the sake of argument.

Betts has had some very good running games because of who he is not beacuse Campbell is in there or the line suddenly woke up ( i am proud of the line play though). The announcers, who I think knows a bit more about football than most of these people, gave him the ultimate compliment today and i am sure that his coaches are as well.

Debating with people who are obviously drunk on Portis juice makes no sense when you are seeing what this guy is doing week after week. Let Betts play speak for him and let the Betts-Bashers continue to fool themselves by themselves.

You guys are retards' date=' The reason betts is running so well is, the other teams are respecting Campbell's arm. When Brunell was in other teams didn't have to worry about the long bomb threat. Now, that Campbell is in their is only 6-7 guys in the box. Before there were 8-9 people stacked in the box. Trust me if portis where playing at his stregth last year, he would be one of the top 5 runners. Last year and even this year Betts was running while brunell was QB he didn't have 100 yard run then. Its all campbell.[/quote']

Yes, if you've watched any games since JC has been QB, you'll notice we are running against 9 and 10 man defenses. Our o-line has been kicking butt and is now considered one of the best in the game, especially as a run block unit. Neither the Eagles nor the Saints have good run defenses, anyway.

In no way am I or anyone saying Betts isn't good, just that Portis is better.

Campbell is not one of the best QB's in football I do not care what anyone says. i can get with keepig Portis but talks that defenses are scared of Jason freakin' Campbell right now is crazy as hell

dude I am not saying scarred ok. but he potential for the long ball and the down the middle throws is there. It wasn't wiht Brunell. Hell with Brunell not only the middle was out of limits for him so was passes to his right. Again go ahead and tell me that Betts would be running like this if Brunell was in there. No way.

Then please tell me why defense are playing with their safties 15-20 yards back?

LOL...yall are crazy...Campbell is not threatning anybody out there with a 83% passer rating ...hell...I never hear anyone talking about him besides people here

and you ain't seen nobodies freakin' safety 20 yards back for the dangon' Jason Campbell

i dunno what the hell you are expecting from a 2nd year qb thats only in his 5 starts?

I am not expecting much and I am sure that he will get better but my point was that it is silly to think that his mediocre play is scaring defenses into playing him a certain way and creating Betts' yards.

Betts is a good back and his credit should not be given to anyone else but maybe shared with the line play

I'm pretty sure that shoulder surgery is a done deal, I won't go as far to say he wouldn't get hurt again, but at the same time I want them both here on the team next year. I also wish the trade Portis talk would go away!!

I want them both here, and all I'm doing is making a point to counter some of the dumb stuff being said. All the "if Portis was in it would be a score" stuff. There's no conclusive way to prove that, even with all the stats in the world. Too many variables involved.

It's like the "Betts fumbles all the time" argument. In 61 games, Betts has fumbled 8 times, and it was lost 3 times in his career acording to the stats on NFL.com. Portis in 68 games has fumbled 16 times, and 2 were lost. So, Portis has actually blown the play more then Betts, and has only lost it one time less. So, even though Betts gave the ball to the other team one time more then Portis, how many drives were stalled due to twice as many balls caughed up by Portis ? Do people see Portis as a fumble machine........... nope, yet Betts gets the bad rap.

:doh:

There both great backs in my book in their own style of running.

I want them both here, and all I'm doing is making a point to counter some of the dumb stuff being said. All the "if Portis was in it would be a score" stuff. There's no conclusive way to prove that, even with all the stats in the world. Too many variables involved.

It's like the "Betts fumbles all the time" argument. In 61 games, Betts has fumbled 8 times, and it was lost 3 times in his career acording to the stats on NFL.com. Portis in 68 games has fumbled 16 times, and 2 were lost. So, Portis has actually blown the play more then Betts, and has only lost it one time less. So, even though Betts gave the ball to the other team one time more then Portis, how many drives were stalled due to twice as many balls caughed up by Portis ? Do people see Portis as a fumble machine........... nope, yet Betts gets the bad rap.

:doh:

There both great backs in my book in their own style of running.

Your point is understood but it is never going to get across to some people here.

I do not know if they are 'Skins fans or not with some of the stuff that they are saying. They are downing Betts like he is a part of a different team only because they believe in their hearts of hearts that Betts may be better than Portis themselves so they have to protest constantly with stupid comments and ludacris, made up stats to make themselves believe that he is not

I am not expecting much and I am sure that he will get better but my point was that it is silly to think that his mediocre play is scaring defenses into playing him a certain way and creating Betts' yards.

Betts is a good back and his credit should not be given to anyone else but maybe shared with the line play

JC is a deep threat, deep threats behind center make defenses play off the line which = yards on the ground.

And whoever is on here saying betts canbreak tackles better than portis :doh: . Thats the only thing I dislike about Betts is that he doesn't break the tackles for big yardage like CP does and the thing about CP I don't like is that he does not hit the hole like Betts does. Betts longest run ever is 27 yards, Portis is 65. I don't know if Betts can break off long runs like CP does, or if he has the speed and stamina to outrun the DBs. Pt those two tegether though and you got a beast running game.

Archived