Extremeskins

Well This Game Proves Something..

Bhutanibeast

Who Do You Want The Runner To Be  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want The Runner To Be

• Betts
    • Portis
    • I'm crazy for even asking this as there are multiple threads on this every week.

we arent getting anything in return if they trade em.. if portis is traded it will result in a 7 mil cap hit. no team would give us anything in return where most teams know you can find a solid rb late into the draft..

Oh we are going to definitely keep them both next year but it is not going to work out like people here are thinking it will. Betts will see limited action as he has being seeing in the past. Hopefully Portis will produce and we can play like we did today with him in there instead of Betts but that does not excuse the fact that we are going to be hiding Betts' talents.

no he did't he only missed 1 game last 2 years what are you smoking?

Hmmm..ur very wrong. In 2004, Portis tore his pectoral muscle and had to sit out the final 2 or 3 games..maybe more im not sure. But guess what..we beat the vikings Week 17 because of 118 strong yards from...guess who....LADELL BETTS

Oh we are going to definitely keep them both next year but it is not going to work out like people here are thinking it will. Betts will see limited action as he has being seeing in the past. Hopefully Portis will produce and we can play like we did today with him in there instead of Betts but that does not excuse the fact that we are going to be hiding Betts' talents.

i agree with you 100% first time.. :silly:. based on money, portis will be the rb of the team and i hope we can see more of betts come in for portis next year.

When will the trade Portis nonsense stop? :doh: What is with all these short memories? Have we forgotten what Portis has a restored to this franchise? Four good games and we should throw Portis under the bus?! Why can we not have Ladell and Portis? Don't we want a powerful 1-2 punch?

That good and all if a team doesnt have so many holes. But the redskins do have plenty of holes, plus they lack draft picks. The redskins need to build through the draft, but having no picks really prevents that from happening.

You guys are retards, The reason betts is running so well is, the other teams are respecting Campbell's arm. When Brunell was in other teams didn't have to worry about the long bomb threat. Now, that Campbell is in their is only 6-7 guys in the box. Before there were 8-9 people stacked in the box. Trust me if portis where playing at his stregth last year, he would be one of the top 5 runners. Last year and even this year Betts was running while brunell was QB he didn't have 100 yard run then. Its all campbell.

You guys are retards' date=' The reason betts is running so well is, the other teams are respecting Campbell's arm. When Brunell was in other teams didn't have to worry about the long bomb threat. Now, that Campbell is in their is only 6-7 guys in the box. Before there were 8-9 people stacked in the box. Trust me if portis where playing at his stregth last year, he would be one of the top 5 runners. Last year and even this year Betts was running while brunell was QB he didn't have 100 yard run then. Its all campbell.[/quote']

i have a feeling that defenses arent that scared of our rookie QB. Sure, he makes a little difference, but Betts has been playing marvelous football recently.

When will the trade Portis nonsense stop? :doh: What is with all these short memories? Have we forgotten what Portis has a restored to this franchise? Four good games and we should throw Portis under the bus?! Why can we not have Ladell and Portis? Don't we want a powerful 1-2 punch?

They have never been used as a 1-2 punch ala Taylor and Jones-Drew that is what people are NOT realizing here. Betts will not be used that much next year where in the heck have yall been for the past 3 years?

Portis will get the carries and Betts will be wasted

You guys are retards' date=' The reason betts is running so well is, the other teams are respecting Campbell's arm. When Brunell was in other teams didn't have to worry about the long bomb threat. Now, that Campbell is in their is only 6-7 guys in the box. Before there were 8-9 people stacked in the box. Trust me if portis where playing at his stregth last year, he would be one of the top 5 runners. Last year and even this year Betts was running while brunell was QB he didn't have 100 yard run then. Its all campbell.[/quote']

LOL..ain't nobody scared of no Campbell. That kind of talk is crazy

They have never been used as a 1-2 punch ala Taylor and Jones-Drew that is what people are NOT realizing here. Betts will not be used that much next year where in the heck have yall been for the past 3 years?

Portis will get the carries and Betts will be wasted

I'd still rather have Portis. :doh:

i agree with you 100% first time.. :silly:. based on money, portis will be the rb of the team and i hope we can see more of betts come in for portis next year.

Like I said earlier I am a Redskins fan and if it is Portis who is going to running for us next year it is Portis who I am going to be rooting for when he is running even though I wanted the trade to happen. I am not going to go against him because the guy I wanted in there is not in there. That would be stupid and that is what is happening here with all of this Betts negativity.

people seem to forget what he has done for this team

portis is the only one on this team to score a TD on a nfc east opponent this year

portis is the one that tied the game late with his long td against phili last year

portis is the one that scored the only Td in the playoffs against tampa

portis is the one that made santana moss have 1400 yard season

portis is the one that makes players around him better

:doh: Finally, some loyalty given to C-Po. I just don't get this trade Portis talk all of a sudden, back-ups are just that back-ups. We have made too many mistakes with letting players go thinking we could put anyone in their place. Let's just stay loyal to the players we have and win some games and spoil

someone else's season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Hmmm..ur very wrong. In 2004, Portis tore his pectoral muscle and had to sit out the final 2 or 3 games..maybe more im not sure. But guess what..we beat the vikings Week 17 because of 118 strong yards from...guess who....LADELL BETTS

According to NFL.com, Portis missed only 1 game in 2004.

No' date=' I know Campbell is no Manning but if a team leaves a reciever one on one. Campbell has the ability to get the ball there. Just like today[/quote']

I know what you are trying to say but if anyone makes it far enough to become an NFL starting QB he should be able to make throws. People are down on Brunell this year but less than 12 months they were all over him when he was throwing those 2 deep passes to Moss to win that Monday night game against Dallas.

Campbell made a couple of good passes today that maybe shows that he is going to do alright in the NFL but right now there is no one stacking or unstacking anything because of him

I know what you are trying to say but if anyone makes it far enough to become an NFL starting QB he should be able to make throws. People are down on Brunell this year but less than 12 months they were all over him when he was throwing those 2 deep passes to Moss to win that Monday night game against Dallas.

people were not all over brunell last year.. he played very poorly the rest of the way and it was the defense and the running game that allowed us to get in the playoffs.

many of the blitzes come on 3rd down, if u watch the game closely, how many hits were placed on campbell? campbell is clearly doing thing that is helping this offense.. back to back weeks with 350+ has not been done in here in a long time.. no reason to argue with you cause you dont want to listen to the overwhelming fact that everyone on here will agree that the pressue has been much less because of campbell presence to throw the deep ball and effectively use the entire field

and I pretty sure he's going to have the shoulder worked (sergury) on in the off season.

My point is, don't count your chickens.......... ;)

I'm pretty sure that shoulder surgery is a done deal, I won't go as far to say he wouldn't get hurt again, but at the same time I want them both here on the team next year. I also wish the trade Portis talk would go away!!

Stop with the trade Portis talk. Portis has shown year in and year out that he gets the job done. Betts has been injured every year except this one. That is all you need to know.

No kidding. Plus it would be of much value to have 2 stud running backs. I see nothing wrong with having a 2 back set it gives Campbell more options, plus neither one is afraid to take a hit which benefits those days where the line isn't working up to par. Furthermore with 2 backs it could pull in the linebackers and open up the middle of the field for Cooley and Randle El.

Good job today especially when on paper we were suppose to be outmatched in nearly every aspect, but our guys didn't buy into the B.S. and played their game.

Are you guys serious. Having tow running backs that are starting material is one thing. Having two running backs that are so different from each other in terms how they run is entirely another. This KC's offense last year. its a great change up and finally we have a QB that can spread the field. To you guys seriously think Betts would be running like this if Brunell was in there? I don't see too many 8 men in the box latetly to you? This is why our running game is working. And if Lloyd gets better in the offseason and catches those bombs then having Portins in there and then switch to Betts will give MAJOR problems to the best defenses. Lets face it the reason we are 5-9 is because the wrong QB started the season.

He still ended that season on IR and Betts won tthe game for us week 17. All i am saying is that Portis is not extremely durable, in fact, i would put him on the injury-prone side.

Injuries are a fact of football. I don't agree that he is injury prone. The injury that happened in the preseason was a freak accident. Yes, we won that week 17 game because of Betts, but we went into the playoffs last year because of Portis. Now with that said, if Portis his hurt most or all of next season than you may be right. But until proven otherwise, Portis deserves our support as the running back. Our playoff drought would no doubt be longer if not for Clinton last year.

Its amazing how all of sudden so many people think that CP is not a good fit for this Offense. Get a grip. During our 5 game fantasy trip into thew playoffs last season, te dude probably could've run for office and got elected easily. Stop being so ***** fickle! :doh:

Here's the beauty of the situation we're now in. In CP we have that back that's a threat to go 60 yards on any given play. He has that other gear that once he gets to the second level its a done deal. While Ladell is more of a grinder. He'll hit the hole fast and get you that 4.5-6 yards, but he probably won't outrun too many DB's once he hits that 2nd level.

My opinion is that we'll have that classic switchup. Teams are going to hate our running game next season.

people were not all over brunell last year.. he played very poorly the rest of the way and it was the defense and the running game that allowed us to get in the playoffs.

many of the blitzes come on 3rd down, if u watch the game closely, how many hits were placed on campbell? campbell is clearly doing thing that is helping this offense.. back to back weeks with 350+ has not been done in here in a long time.. no reason to argue with you cause you dont want to listen to the overwhelming fact that everyone on here will agree that the pressue has been much less because of campbell presence to throw the deep ball and effectively use the entire field

Campbell is not one of the best QB's in football I do not care what anyone says. i can get with keepig Portis but talks that defenses are scared of Jason freakin' Campbell right now is crazy as hell

Archived