Extremeskins

Well This Game Proves Something..

Bhutanibeast

Who Do You Want The Runner To Be  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want The Runner To Be

• Betts
    • Portis
    • I'm crazy for even asking this as there are multiple threads on this every week.

Breaking a 10 yard run as compared to CP who can break 20+ yarders. Betts does not have the feet and eyesight that CP does while he is on the run, and with them two together as a tandum will make this team that much better when it comes to the run because as I have said before their running styles make up for the others weakness.

I did not say A 10 yard run I said multiples and that is Redskins football...i was looking at that type of football before there was a JC (Jason Campbell)

Top 5 backs don't get exceptions to rules but they can make busted plays into scores and make it look easy.

When LT or LJ get the ball they can be deadly even against the best defenses.

Look at the game tonight with San Diego Rivers is 7/21 for 51 yards and an INT so far but look at Tomlinson, 18 for 175 and two scores.

Tomlinson carries that team hands down.

I don't know where we are going with this heated discussion but my point all along is CP and Betts will be one of the best running combos for as long as they are with the Skins.

Top 5 backs don't get exceptions to rules but they can make busted plays into scores and make it look easy.

When LT or LJ get the ball they can be deadly even against the best defenses.

Look at the game tonight with San Diego Rivers is 7/21 for 51 yards and an INT so far but look at Tomlinson, 18 for 175 and two scores.

Tomlinson carries that team hands down.

I don't know where we are going with this heated discussion but my point all along is CP and Betts will be one of the best running combos for as long as they are with the Skins.

I agree with that but you are saying that Betts efforts are because of someone else (Campbell) and although everybody on the team needs the man beside him you can't take anything away from what that man is doing right now.

I agree with that but you are saying that Betts efforts are because of someone else (Campbell) and although everybody on the team needs the man beside him you can't take anything away from what that man is doing right now.

Ah ok we are not on the same page, I agree with you on Betts' running but you can't discount the lack of 8-9 guys in the box since Campbell came in :)

One good player makes another good player even better :)

Ah ok we are not on the same page, I agree with you on Betts' running but you can't discount the lack of 8-9 guys in the box since Campbell came in :)

One good player makes another good player even better :)

how many times must I say this:

AIN'T NOBODY FREAKIN' PREPARING FOR NO 68.8 PASSER RATING 12 COMPLETION 119 YARD THROWING CAMPBELL

I want them both here, and all I'm doing is making a point to counter some of the dumb stuff being said. All the "if Portis was in it would be a score" stuff. There's no conclusive way to prove that, even with all the stats in the world. Too many variables involved.

I wasn't as clear as I should have been, I'm pretty sure we agree they both should be here. I was pointing out to you that the sugery was already done (I believe) and meant to agree on the counting chickens part, but kind of from CP's side. LB is doing a great job, but I don't think we should ship CP off, because they both have had injuries.

Trade Portis? Anybody paying attention can see they are not running the same plays that Portis was running. Much more up the gut now. We still have trouble running the sprint plays. Portis would have the same if not better numbers as Betts with these same plays. This being said I love Betts
Exactly, the most we handed portis the ball one game was 27 times and hit over a 100 yards and a td, we have now commited to the running game just like we did at the end of the year last year. Have you guys seen the holes Betts is running through. Not to take anything away from Betts but the holes out there are freaking huge. I mean we should be so lucky to have both these guys on our team. We can never be satisfied can we guys. I just dont understand how some of you all just dismiss what Portis did for this team last year. Some guy is saying Portis is not tough, haha thats funny. Some people say Betts is a better fit, 1500 yards for Portis last year means hes a bad fit??? Betts and Portis have had there share of injuries. We have one of the best running backs in the league and a guy who is proving he is a number one back and you guys want to ship one of them out. I just dont understand some people.

Its no coicidence that we're able to run well lately with Campbell there. Defenses know that he is not afraid to go deep so they have to respect the deep ball. I dont wanna hear anything about that Cover 2 bullcrap anymore with brunell.. teams dare us to go over the top with brunell and gave us the checkdown.. how come guys aren't complaining anymore? its because of the ability to strech the field with campbell.

now the wrs are only complaining about the misreads and the high throws about campbell.. no more about coverages and what not which was the case with brunell

Betts probably does have fresher legs at this time of the year. Probably less nicks because of fewer carries earlier in the season. He certaintly is more explosive than Porter once Porter was injured. I understand there is more zone blocking and more intensity from the O Line. Add that to a passing treat of Campbell and Betts looks good.

Its no coicidence that we're able to run well lately with Campbell there. Defenses know that he is not afraid to go deep so they have to respect the deep ball. I dont wanna hear anything about that Cover 2 bullcrap anymore with brunell.. teams dare us to go over the top with brunell and gave us the checkdown.. how come guys aren't complaining anymore? its because of the ability to strech the field with campbell.

now the wrs are only complaining about the misreads and the high throws about campbell.. no more about coverages and what not which was the case with brunell

OOOOHH LAWD here he goes again with the Campbell is running the ball for Betts crap again

Actually if you were watching the game you would have seen that we ran a lot of play action fakes that proved contrary to your statement. Because of the focus on Betts we were able to buy time for Campbell to throw his bounce passes like he was in the NBA

how many times must I say this:

AIN'T NOBODY FREAKIN' PREPARING FOR NO 68.8 PASSER RATING 12 COMPLETION 119 YARD THROWING CAMPBELL

except that we're not seeing the usual 8 in the box that we saw when Brunell was the QB, we're seeing safeties backed off the line and we're seeing fewer blitzes from the opponents.. our stretch plays and sweeps are not getting bottled up at the point of attack like they used to, because guys aren't as close to the line of scrimmage.

Which means that THEY'RE DEFINITELY FREAKIN' PREPARING FOR SOMETHING

Something that will go over their heads.

And i doubt that is the punter.

Defensive coaches never look at a rating. However they will look at the deep bombs Campbell puts up with amazing accuracy,, they will look at Santana Moss splitting the DBs to haul in a 30 YD TD,,, they will look at Randel el hauling in a bomb TD that dropped right down the chimney into his lap last week.. they will look at passes that didn't even succeed, like the one Lloyd lost in the lights, but was perfectly thrown, or the one that went thru double coverage and hit Moss in the shoulder at the 1 yesterday... they will look at deep crossing routes that hit Cooley dead in stride and let him run for 25 more yards... They will also look at how Campbell never ever gets flustered, even when the worst happens, like last week in Philly. Defensive coaches will look to see if they can intimidate him, which they are finding out they can't do.

~Bang

PS, on another note, I think it's nice that so many blind people have been able to find and enjoy this site this year. Good for you!

I love how people pull up the numbers but ignore the ones that count....

Betts gets yards....Portis Scores TD's...

Betts: 196 carries only 2 TD's

Portis: 127 carries and 7 TD's...

Betts scores every 98 times he touches the ball...

Portis scores every 18 times he touches the ball...

That right theres is what seperates a back up from a stud like portis....

People need to to get out of this flavor of the month fantasy football BS and realize the truth....

If all of the backs on our team average 4 yards per carry....

and only one of them has 3 times the amount of TD's than the rest...that should tell you something about that particular back.

The other thing that tells you... is that the blocking scheme and system is full proof.....

Portis was running before the line was even comfortable with it and still put up better numbers..

If you can put 3 different guys in and get the same production out of all of them then your scheme is the reason....

It has ben proven in KC and Denver...

The three headed tandem of..

Portis/Betts/Duckett

has more yards than LT and LJ....with roughly the same amount of total touches...

The difference is..

once portis went down the TD's disappeared ....so again what does that tell you?

except that we're not seeing the usual 8 in the box that we saw when Brunell was the QB, we're seeing safeties backed off the line and we're seeing fewer blitzes from the opponents.. our stretch plays and sweeps are not getting bottled up at the point of attack like they used to, because guys aren't as close to the line of scrimmage.

Which means that THEY'RE DEFINITELY FREAKIN' PREPARING FOR SOMETHING

Something that will go over their heads.

And i doubt that is the punter.

Defensive coaches never look at a rating. However they will look at the deep bombs Campbell puts up with amazing accuracy,, they will look at Santana Moss splitting the DBs to haul in a 30 YD TD,,, they will look at Randel el hauling in a bomb TD that dropped right down the chimney into his lap last week.. they will look at passes that didn't even succeed, like the one Lloyd lost in the lights, but was perfectly thrown, or the one that went thru double coverage and hit Moss in the shoulder at the 1 yesterday... they will look at deep crossing routes that hit Cooley dead in stride and let him run for 25 more yards... They will also look at how Campbell never ever gets flustered, even when the worst happens, like last week in Philly. Defensive coaches will look to see if they can intimidate him, which they are finding out they can't do.

~Bang

PS, on another note, I think it's nice that so many blind people have been able to find and enjoy this site this year. Good for you!

LOL...you guys are so funny to think that anybody is shaking over Campbell. He is probably an after thought to opposing defensive coaches.

"Oh and that Campbell guy we are not going to worry about him he'll throw it in the ground more than he'll put it in the air"

And yall are imagining that mess about they are not playing 8 in the box as they were Brunell crap. That originated here and yall are just keep repeating each other.

Go back to when Campbell was made the starter and look at his stats and tell me what you are really impressed by

Portis is one of those "core" Redskins that we keep hearing about. It wouldn't make sense to trade him to me. You're talking about a guy who plays with heart and passion and some people here want to get rid of him? :doh: I'm not taking anything away from Betts because he's stepped up both on and off the field (contract extention) but he doesn't give you the same thing as Portis does. Betts is benefiting from a power run game being called and also from the fact that other defenses have to respect Campbell's arm. Under the same circumstances, I honestly beleive that Portis would be putting up some gaudy numbers.

On a side note, it's about time Betts consistanly ran with some purpose and authority.

Archived