Extremeskins

Well This Game Proves Something..

Bhutanibeast

Who Do You Want The Runner To Be  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Want The Runner To Be

• Betts
    • Portis
    • I'm crazy for even asking this as there are multiple threads on this every week.

by the way Young's START is still in progress

Young's start is still in progress yet you want to judge Jason and say

He's freakin' terrible!!!

after five games in which he is statistically out performing Young and his first five games. Yes, that makes complete sense.

Jason is not a rookie and should be way more advanced than Young is...by the way Young's START is still in progress

On a technacality, Jason is not a rookie....(first year player in the league) so your right to a very, very small degree. Anybody with a realistic view of the NFL knows up untill you step into an actual game that counts against the season record, you a rookie. It's just a term that maybe shouldn't actually be used. Maybe untested is a better term, but it's just word play.

Looking at games played is is what counts the most, and if you haven't caught it, Jasons START is still in progress..........

making fun because yall know that that 8 man box crap was stupid

and that finger would have been like discombobalated right about now

Uh,, yeah. I doubt you could "discombobalate' a can of tuna fish.

Actually we're making fun of you for your amazing inability to grasp even the smallest concepts of what is being explained to you.

:dunce: :laythehur

~Bang

Uh,, yeah. I doubt you could "discombobalate' a can of tuna fish.

Actually we're making fun of you for your amazing inability to grasp even the smallest concepts of what is being explained to you.

:dunce: :laythehur

~Bang

You can't explain what you don't know about... Who in the world made you the authority?

just because you want to will that guy into being so good when he is not playing as well as other younger QB's does not mean that everone has to agree with that crazy mess that you are making up

About that doubt that you have. I am sure that I can prove otherwise

On a technacality, Jason is not a rookie....(first year player in the league) so your right to a very, very small degree. Anybody with a realistic view of the NFL knows up untill you step into an actual game that counts against the season record, you a rookie. It's just a term that maybe shouldn't actually be used. Maybe untested is a better term, but it's just word play.

Looking at games played is is what counts the most, and if you haven't caught it, Jasons START is still in progress..........

I can certainly see that his START is still in progress and it shows but...

He should be more mechanically sound after practicing for almost 2 full seasons. The only thing that he has from what I can see is a strong arm and there are a lot of strongarmed has-beens

I can certainly see that his START is still in progress and it shows but...

He should be more mechanically sound after practicing for almost 2 full seasons. The only thing that he has from what I can see is a strong arm and there are a lot of strongarmed has-beens

:doh:.. wow u dont see his poise, his calmness, his ability to recognize when to take off for the first down, when to throw it away.. wow you really dont watch the games, u must be listening to them on radio from what i hear:laugh:

You can't explain what you don't know about... Who in the world made you the authority?

just because you want to will that guy into being so good when he is not playing as well as other younger QB's does not mean that everone has to agree with that crazy mess that you are making up

About that doubt that you have. I am sure that I can prove otherwise

I'm not pretending to know more than everyone else here, that's you, clown.

Not only are you pretending to know more than ALL of us, you're also pretending to know more than most of the people paid to watch this team and offer their opinions.

Your assessment is a simpleton's view. Nothing has changed, no defense has done anything differently, LaDell Betts is the second coming of Jim Brown, and that is the ONLY reason why things are clicking better on offense.

If you'd take the second to comprehend what has been written, I am NOT trying to say Campbell is great yet, I'm saying that he brings more to the table and that it has affected how defenses are playing us. I'm saying that our OL has learned the system by now, and their play has greatly improved over the last 6 weeks. Since Campbell came in their pass blocking has also gotten MUCH better.

I would ALSO go so far as to say that the coaches have also learned how to work together better, as we're now also seeing some classic Gibbs counter plays thrown into the mix.

ALL of these things affect how teams plan for us.

Campbell's ability to throw accurately downfield has definitely backed defenses off. You can count them at the line of scrimmage if you'd like,., it's easy, you could do it on your fingers.

But you can't see it, you wouldn't know it if you DID see it, so it obviously isn't happening.

As far as my doubt to your ability to 'discombobalate' my animated finger, that's just funny as hell.

for the record, I doubt a lot of things about you, slick. Such as your ability to negotiate a doorknob,, or outwit a stick of butter.

But I don't doubt your knowledge of the game of football.

It's non-existant, and that is as obvious as the nose on my face.

~Bang

:doh:.. wow u dont see his poise, his calmness, his ability to recognize when to take off for the first down, when to throw it away.. wow you really dont watch the games, u must be listening to them on radio from what i hear:laugh:

I see what you are doing...You take ONE comment a analyst makes on ONE play which they do to everybody, analyze that is, and you make it your argument

That guy will not last as a starter through next season. Ramsey was a better quaterback than Campbell and the only reason that he is starting is that he is all that we have left. We started off with three mediocre quaterbacks and that is what we have now. One mediocre quaterback just replaced another one is all

I'm not pretending to know more than everyone else here, that's you, clown.

Not only are you pretending to know more than ALL of us, you're also pretending to know more than most of the people paid to watch this team and offer their opinions.

Your assessment is a simpleton's view. Nothing has changed, no defense has done anything differently, LaDell Betts is the second coming of Jim Brown, and that is the ONLY reason why things are clicking better on offense.

If you'd take the second to comprehend what has been written, I am NOT trying to say Campbell is great yet, I'm saying that he brings more to the table and that it has affected how defenses are playing us. I'm saying that our OL has learned the system by now, and their play has greatly improved over the last 6 weeks. Since Campbell came in their pass blocking has also gotten MUCH better.

I would ALSO go so far as to say that the coaches have also learned how to work together better, as we're now also seeing some classic Gibbs counter plays thrown into the mix.

ALL of these things affect how teams plan for us.

Campbell's ability to throw accurately downfield has definitely backed defenses off. You can count them at the line of scrimmage if you'd like,., it's easy, you could do it on your fingers.

But you can't see it, you wouldn't know it if you DID see it, so it obviously isn't happening.

As far as my doubt to your ability to 'discombobalate' my animated finger, that's just funny as hell.

for the record, I doubt a lot of things about you, slick. Such as your ability to negotiate a doorknob,, or outwit a stick of butter.

But I don't doubt your knowledge of the game of football.

It's non-existant, and that is as obvious as the nose on my face.

~Bang

Yeah makes you feel like a man to "type" that crap to a real man don't it?

I am sure that that would change if the gap between us were to

Just because everyone is not kissing Campbell's azz like you are does not make them any less of a football fan but that is neither here nor there when you are talking about getting wit' it

But then again I know that you are just comfortable "typing'' like a man

Now you go and play with your little friends before you be done typed your way into something that you can not handle

But it is evident that Ladell Betts is a starting RB in the NFL. This game has shown that he has everything that a RB needs: vision, patience, great hands, and tackle-breaking ability.

one thing i havent noticed with Betts that i see all the time with Portis, is Portis can block his @$$ off. Was it the Giants or Cowboys game where he litteraly knocked a would be blitzing linebacker out cold? Portis is a thunder and lightning back in one package.

This game has shown that the redskins have a clear overabundance of talent at the Running back position. Obviously, it is clear that T.J. Duckett does not have a future in D.C. so that is not a problem.

But it is evident that Ladell Betts is a starting RB in the NFL. This game has shown that he has everything that a RB needs: vision, patience, great hands, and tackle-breaking ability.

With the number of holes that this team has on defense, and some depth issues on the OL, i feel that the redskins need to get rid of one of their starting RB's. It is a waste to have both of them, when the team could get significantly better by getting rid of one of them.

Trading a back could possibly do more than good. Who's to say the one that's kept will finish the season injury free. I say get rid of TJ (like we don't know thats gonna happen) and keep CP and Betts for a nice one two punch in the backfield. Besides, Betts will fumble the ball.

one thing i havent noticed with Betts that i see all the time with Portis, is Portis can block his @$$ off. Was it the Giants or Cowboys game where he litteraly knocked a would be blitzing linebacker out cold? Portis is a thunder and lightning back in one package.

I think you're referring to laast seasons playoff game against Tampa Bay.

Yeah makes you feel like a man to "type" that crap to a real man don't it?

I am sure that that would change if the gap between us were to

Just because everyone is not kissing Campbell's azz like you are does not make them any less of a football fan but that is neither here nor there when you are talking about getting wit' it

But then again I know that you are just comfortable "typing'' like a man

Now you go and play with your little friends before you be done typed your way into something that you can not handle

Uhoh!

Wouldn't want to be done typing my way into something I can't handle.

What're you going to do, squirt with me with your seltzer bottle, Bozo?

I'm typing this because you're as dense as a brick, You haven't got the slightest clue what you're talking about, and rather than listen to anything the dozens of people here have tried to explain to you, you stick your fingers in your ears and pretend to be the authority you've claimed I was trying t be.

I don't want to go play with my "little friends". I prefer sitting here so I can be typing myself into something I can't handle

I can't wait to see what it is.

~Bang

Trading a back could possibly do more than good. Who's to say the one that's kept will finish the season injury free. I say get rid of TJ (like we don't know thats gonna happen) and keep CP and Betts for a nice one two punch in the backfield. Besides, Betts will fumble the ball.

This is true.

I love Ladell Betts, he's a very capable runner, and he's a true Redskin. But reality is that this is also the first year he's gone injury free. Portis also gets bit by the injury bug.

we've got a nice one-two punch working up. No sense getting rid of one of them, especially with each one of them having a history of missing a few games..

~Bang

Uhoh!

Wouldn't want to be done typing my way into something I can't handle.

What're you going to do, squirt with me with your seltzer bottle, Bozo?

I'm typing this because you're as dense as a brick, You haven't got the slightest clue what you're talking about, and rather than listen to anything the dozens of people here have tried to explain to you, you stick your fingers in your ears and pretend to be the authority you've claimed I was trying t be.

I don't want to go play with my "little friends". I prefer sitting here so I can be typing myself into something I can't handle

I can't wait to see what it is.

~Bang

LOL...you can't explain anything to me when you are talking non-sense about a QB that you yourself will be talking crap about next year

I refuse to continue getting into a written confrontation with some nerd who I KNOW would tuck his tail between his leg and haul azz if we were not on a freakin' computer and was face-to-face

you'd either run or get kicked a new azz-hole

LOL...you can't explain anything to me when you are talking non-sense about a QB that you yourself will be talking crap about next year

haha i read all your posts and you flip-flop your opinions it so ridcioulous.. your were ridign clinton portis at the beginning of this year and now youre bashing him and calling betts the better back.. you complain about al saunders and then after the j-game, you say that the offense is back.. typical bandwagon, you go with what is hot at the moment :doh:

haha i read all your posts and you flip-flop your opinions it so ridcioulous.. your were ridign clinton portis at the beginning of this year and now youre bashing him and calling betts the better back.. you complain about al saunders and then after the j-game, you say that the offense is back.. typical bandwagon, you go with what is hot at the moment :doh:

little boy...I have mentioned a million times on here that I did not have anything against Portis but IMO we needed to upgrade other positions and if trading Portis would get that upgrade I was for it AFTER seeing that Betts can handle the load....

I like everyone else here may have thought that the offense was about to click after that game BUT as the season went on it did not prove to be so

I did not go back and read your post because they mean nothing to me

little boy...I have mentioned a million times on here that I did not have anything against Portis but IMO we needed to upgrade other positions and if trading Portis would get that upgrade I was for it AFTER seeing that Betts can handle the load....

I like everyone else here may have thought that the offense was about to click after that game BUT as the season went on it did not prove to be so

I did not go back and read your post because they mean nothing to me

really mention it a million times, and you have 300+ posts. youre obviously misinformed and thikn age= knowledge about football.. its unbelievable how you cant agree with anyone and everyone knows where your wrong.. its like your some internet tough guy.. go ahead cry me a river:laugh:

This game has shown that the redskins have a clear overabundance of talent at the Running back position. Obviously, it is clear that T.J. Duckett does not have a future in D.C. so that is not a problem.

With the number of holes that this team has on defense, and some depth issues on the OL, i feel that the redskins need to get rid of one of their starting RB's. It is a waste to have both of them, when the team could get significantly better by getting rid of one of them.

Portis, Betts: 'Partners' In the Ground Game

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

December 18, 2006

Running back controversy?

With the emergence of Ladell Betts in recent weeks, there has been some speculation among the media that it could lead to debate over whether Betts to Clinton Portis will be the featured back of the Redskins' offense in 2007.

After Betts signed his contract extension on Dec. 8, head coach Joe Gibbs stated that he expects Portis and Betts to share the workload next season.

BettsTDRun4FalconsAP2in.jpgLadell Betts (AP Photo)

Given Betts' standout performance in recent weeks, Gibbs was asked again on Monday if he expected a larger role for Betts.

"We feel great about those two guys carrying the ball for us," he said. "They've been good partners in the past. Clinton leads off and then Ladell has been a big part of our offense. What he has done this year has been great for him and great for us.

"[betts' performance] certainly reflects on everything for us next year. Clinton is a guy who has rushed for a ton of yards for us. Ladell has a huge role for us. There's certainly room for having two good running backs."

Meantime, Betts was asked if it would be tough to accept a lesser role in the offense next season.

PortisFreeColtsGETTY2in.jpgClinton Portis (Getty Images) He replied: "From a competitive standpoint, it would be, a little bit. But at the same time, I'm a team guy and I understand what my role is. And I think I'll have a little bit more of a role next season. Maybe we could have a two-headed monster. Who knows? We'll see. I'll worry about that when it comes."

The shared workload will help both running backs stay fresh during games and through the course of the season, Betts added.

"It's a good feeling knowing that when you're in there, you can go 100 percent and not worry about having to save energy for the next play," he said. "If you know another guy can step in, it makes your job easier."

Since the Redskins acquired Portis in March 2004 to serve as the team's franchise back. He followed suit with two consecutive 1,000-yard rushing seasons. This year, Portis struggled through shoulder and hand injuries. He was placed on injured reserve in November.

Portis finished the season rushing for 523 yards on 127 carries, a solid 4.1 yards-per-carry average. He leads the Redskins in touchdowns with seven.

Betts took over for Portis and after a tough game against Tampa Bay in Week 11, he has been on a roll.

Betts has rushed for 100-plus yards in the last four games, totaling 549 yards in that span. He is on the verge of his first 1,000-yard rushing season.

Against New Orleans, Betts was particularly effective running up the middle, behind guards Randy Thomas and Derrick Dockery and center Casey Rabach. He has stayed patient at the line of scrimmage, waiting for holes to develop before charging through full-go.

"The downhill runs are what Ladell gets excited about," Gibbs said. "If you saw Ladell and his running style, you'd say that he'd be a real good outside runner because he has real speed and quickness. Just like Clinton, he prefers inside running. I think we're fortunate to have two backs that prefer inside running."

If Betts breaks the century make again this Sunday against the St. Louis Rams, he would tie a franchise record for most consecutive 100-yard rushing games. Rob Goode set the team record in 1951 with five, and Portis tied the mark last season.

There's a good chance that Betts will accomplish the feat. The Rams enter the game with the NFL's 31st-ranked run defense. They allow an average of 147.8 rushing yards per game.

:applause: :cheers::):D

I refuse to continue getting into a written confrontation with some nerd who I KNOW would tuck his tail between his leg and haul azz if we were not on a freakin' computer and was face-to-face

you'd either run or get kicked a new azz-hole

What I want to see from you at this point is all that proof you have been talking about. You keep mentioning it but in every post you fail to come up with it.

And for the no one talking about Campbell I happen to recall Jerome Bettis and company all agreeing that Jason Campbell is the guy for this team and that we need to start building around him.

JC is learning his second offense in 2 years as a skin and his 6th(?) since his career in college, watch next season and come end of season then maybe you can call him horrible if you want.

And I still :doh: your comment on play action pass.

Archived