Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Apologize

Tweezy

I put up a post three days ago about me not being totally convinced that Jason Campbell is really going to be the qb that he is expected to be. I would like to apologized to Redskin Nation, and say that I will sit back, be patient, and just see what happens along with the rest of you. I won't be interested or inquisitive about what our starting quarterback is going to be like, until after I see him play his first game Sunday against the Bucs...HTTR..........

ok, just look at the Giants and Eli Manning. When he took over (i think it was like week 10 or 11) back in 2004. Teams were eating him for lunch. He was scared, nervous, threw blind interceptions - everything went wrong. Ok so what did they do in the offseason? They didn't go and get another old veteran, of course by this time they were done with the Kurt Warner experiment. They made sure that they remain commited to the future. Now two short years later, he has become one of the best Qbs in the NFC. Oh not to mention, that they still made the playoffs last year. Of course i'm not saying that JC will have that type of instant success, but lets allow him to go through some growing pains. And lets face it, its not like we are a team in transition from being a superbowl champion or anything close.

I put up a post three days ago about me not being totally convinced that Jason Campbell is really going to be the qb that he is expected to be. I would like to apologized to Redskin Nation, and say that I will sit back, be patient, and just see what happens along with the rest of you. I won't be interested or inquisitive about what our starting quarterback is going to be like, until after I see him play his first game Sunday against the Bucs...HTTR..........

Phewww!!!! Now I can get some sleep. I was all ready making other plans for my Sunday afternoons...now I can watch again.

How many games did you give Heath Schuler before judging him?

For your own sanity, I would even temper your judgement to last 4 or 6 games if you can. This is a building process. Elway was a disaster in his first season. So were most good quarterbacks.

Excellent point - the front office hopefully will display some uber patience.

Leave it to Troy Fakeman...to reference "Troy Aikman" and his first season behind center...he only won one game...just a quick one-hitter stat for all you HURT-ings.

Excellent point - the front office hopefully will display some uber patience.

Leave it to Troy Fakeman...to reference "Troy Aikman" and his first season behind center...he only won one game...just a quick one-hitter stat for all you HURT-ings.

Actually, Troy Aikman didn't win a game. Steve Walsh was the QB for the 1 Dallas win that year.

ok, just look at the Giants and Eli Manning. When he took over (i think it was like week 10 or 11) back in 2004. Teams were eating him for lunch. He was scared, nervous, threw blind interceptions - everything went wrong. Ok so what did they do in the offseason? They didn't go and get another old veteran, of course by this time they were done with the Kurt Warner experiment. They made sure that they remain commited to the future. Now two short years later, he has become one of the best Qbs in the NFC. Oh not to mention, that they still made the playoffs last year. Of course i'm not saying that JC will have that type of instant success, but lets allow him to go through some growing pains. And lets face it, its not like we are a team in transition from being a superbowl champion or anything close.

Submitted accidentally without response...a **** up if you will.

Teams are still eating Manning up, who has still not gained a tremendous amount of confidence. He has flashes of competence, and some ability but probably not the Peyton and possibly better QB he had been hyped to be. Name recognition will do that to people.

As for Campbell, it is defintiely time to stick with him. Brad Johnson stunk for quite a while and ended up being moderately successful placed in the right situation (Tampa Bay). QB's are easy to come by (why we can't get one that lasts is madness). It is time to put s young guy out there that has no choice but to gain experience and improve.

Again, why would you create another new post.... instead of apologizing in the original thread?

I don't get this constant need for attention.

I guess some people will take it any way they can get Die Hard. :whoknows:

Anyway, just as long as JC doesn't come out stinkin it up as bad as Mr. Shuler did a while back, it should be fun watching him grow as our starting QB.

I'll be looking for your posts (or threads) for expertise analysis because I have NO idea of what to look for in QB's. Thank you for going out of your way to do this for me.

:rolleyes:

Archived