Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I hafta disagree with that part ... for one reason.

By wearing white at home, it means the Cowgirls hafta wear their dark jerseys here ... and we all know that's not their preference. And I like us having the power to make them do something they don't want to. :silly:

Well, I never LOVED the idea that we changed what we do because of them. I think it's almost more of a slap in the face not to acknowledge their traditions rather than base what you do around them.

You can still keep the traditional colors. If you have the game on 360, I'll send you the uniform code and check it out for yourself. They look pretty good espeically with the burgundy pants.

Our team colors are burgundy and gold, not black, burgundy and gold!.....:doh:

Oh, good to know...I never knew that. I still think it should change now that the Gibbs Dynasty is over.

Where did you hear that? I've heard Gibbs himself say in interviews over the years that it was HIM who decided on the white jerseys at home in 1981, because for some reason he hates colored jerseys. If Beathard was the one, why didn't he do the same thing when he went to the Chargers?

You can still keep the traditional colors. If you have the game on 360, I'll send you the uniform code and check it out for yourself. They look pretty good espeically with the burgundy pants.

nah i dont have a 360, i got a wii and was thinking of buying madden 08, any thoughts on that-worth the money, is it fun, hard, difficult to use controls????

please check out this thread and help me out if u have played,have it or heard about it...

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233251

I like the current edition. So many of the other teams around the teams uniforms look like crap (titans, ravens, atlanta, cowboys etc) I don't want a black uniform, I don't want a black and silver version, I don't want a camo one, and the indian on the side of the helmet shouldn't change.. I like the current shift in colors from the 80's and the small differences in the jersey.

I would like three things.

1. I wish we would wear true "home" uniforms. I like the burgundy jerseys better than the white. Plus, we end up wearing the white jerseys like 14 games a season.

2. I like the gold pants. I actually use those all the time when I play Madden. I wouldn't want the "R" helmet, though. I like the Indian chief emblem.

3. I don't like the white jerseys with gold pants that we wore this year. If we could wear the Burgundy jerseys with gold pants at home and white jerseys with burgundy pants, burgundy socks and white shoes on the road, I think we would look the most badass.

I completely agree. I don't have any huge ideas for how we should update them, but I like the idea of leaving the old Gibbs uniforms behind.

Some random thoughts...these uniforms are NOT classic as some people argue. They are only about 30 years old. The Packers and Bears have classic uniforms that haven't changed...we do not.

Also, I think no matter what we do, the new coach should have us wear burgundy at home. I loved Joe's tradition of whites at home, but it is HIS tradition, not a Redskin one.

Absolutely the best post on this issue.

The uniforms we have a good but they aren't classic. If we kept them I'd be happy but if we update them to something good I'll be happy too.

As long as they don't turn out like the Falcons. Look at San Diego...they're proof a uniform can be updated but not ruined or made to look too trendy.

I am also pro 'R' script on the helmets for the record but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Well, I never LOVED the idea that we changed what we do because of them. I think it's almost more of a slap in the face not to acknowledge their traditions rather than base what you do around them.

I see what you're saying ... I guess I just think of it as kind of a side benefit to our wearing white at home, not as the reason. I've grown accustomed to it after such a long time and guess if pressed I'd hafta say I prefer it.

Burgundy at home wouldn't make me wanna jump off a bridge though. :)

Wow, perfect timing! I was working on a new uniform in GIMP and I came across this thread. Yeah, yeah I know this really sucks but its just a concept. I think it looks really good though. Feed back please? :D

goldjgq3gb2.jpg

Sorry man but I'm just not feeling it.

I agree with redman, we do have the best uni's in football so no need to change them.

I would like three things.

1. I wish we would wear true "home" uniforms. I like the burgundy jerseys better than the white. Plus, we end up wearing the white jerseys like 14 games a season.

2. I like the gold pants. I actually use those all the time when I play Madden. I wouldn't want the "R" helmet, though. I like the Indian chief emblem.

3. I don't like the white jerseys with gold pants that we wore this year. If we could wear the Burgundy jerseys with gold pants at home and white jerseys with burgundy pants, burgundy socks and white shoes on the road, I think we would look the most badass.

these are great ideas except use the spear instead.....

and i will always favor the 70th ani uni.those look sweeeeett!