Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

what i really liked was the 70th anniversary uni we used. i like that color, the darker color is nice

YES! I would love this, keeping the face logo would be my #1, but the spear is cool too.

Burgundy and Gold, instead of Red and School bus yellow would be great. The colors have slowly changed over the years, I'm a big fan of going back to the burgundy.

I hate the 70th anniversary uniforms, they look too much like Florida State, and all of our Miami players wouldn't take to that. Please no black unis. Black is so overdone and so out at this point. I love our current helmets. Gold pants would be cool. Any color combo w/ Burgundy, Gold and White and the same logo. To those who say our unis aren't classic, they never will be if we keep changing them!

One thing you can always count on in fashion threads are people who hate on everything that isn't what IS now.

That's a narrow and quite frankly, boring mentality. Yes, I like our uniforms but some of you cats don't realize that we've made our helmets and pants darker. This IS a change and it's a GOOD one as we were too 'red' in the past, it seemed. Plus, with the new helmet paint and uniform fabrics, you can totally incorporate different sheens and textures to the uniform. Just look at the Oregon Ducks---not so much the lines or curves but the textures of the jersey.

There is a LOT you can do with our designs, colors and history.

For the people who hate on the 70th because it looked like the Seminoles--WE CAME FIRST! The Seminoles simply borrowed our overall concept and made it theirs. But ours was first. Now, I do think that we shouldn't use the spear as the helmet logo but I could definitely seen an updating or a REAL alternative look that is worn at least SOME of the time. It's fun for fans, it's fun for the players and it's good for the league. I don't think we need black, either, that's silly (unless we redid an alternative helmet.)

I like the big image posted earlier with the burgundy 75th look but with our current helmet or at least a version of it. We COULD incorporate the spear in on the shoulder and the script "R" should remain where it is on the front of the helmet and possibly in the middle of the stripe in the back.

I like the look from before the 70th look, the one with the feather going up the back of the helmet. We could incorporate that design with our current logo and that would be pretty tight.

And the people who hate on the all-whites are fashion doofuses. Not all teams could pull it off but I said since Carlisle in 91 that the team definitely looked slick in all-whites. Lavar looked like an absolute heat-seeking missile-beast in our helmet and all-whites. Some people's taste is in their mouths. Oh well.

I can definitely see, at LEAST, incorporating a regular alternative look for the Skins or possibly even having radically different home/away uniforms.

well on second thought i like the R helmet more but it should just stay retro... i say burgundy jersey with burgundy helmet, gold pants(i mean gold) and Burgundy socks... number should be gold... or burgundy like the jersey outlined in gold

This is Redskin's tradition: BaughSammy23333.jpg

Dark burgundy jersey, gold pants, burgundy socks. No stripes, no froo-froo. If it were up to me I'd take the names off the backs of the jerseys in the name of team uniformity but I don't think the league marketing people would allow it.

I don't care much about the logo, although I like the script "R" least of all and the feather is a little swishy for a football logo.

I think a burgundy helmet and an alternate gold helmet would be cool. If the numbers and letters are black, we can go black facemask and shoes. Road jerseys can be gold or white over burgundy pants.

I agree, though, that returning to our true burgundy and gold roots is long overdue. Lombardi dragged us into Packers' yellow duds and it is time and past time we went back.

Hell yeah, get rid of the ketchup/mustard look, we're not the Chiefs. Although the current look is sharp, improvments could be made.

Helmet: Deep gold with heavy metalflake, same logo on side and burgundy stripe

Jersey: Home- Burgundy, white stripe with gold outline from waist up to armpit. Gold numbers with white outline

Away-White, burgundy stripe with gold outline from waist up to armpit. Gold numbers with burgundy outline

Pants: Home- White, single burgundy stripe with gold outline.

Away- Burgandy, single white stripe with gold outline.

Alt.- Gold, single white stripe with gold outline.

That still keeps the clean look without it being gaudy.