Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Folks, NONE of this is ever going to happen as long as Grandpa Gibbs is still in town. It's a well-known fact that he HATES all of the throwback unis and HATES the burgundy jersey, which is why they started wearing white at home in 1981.

Personally, the Skins need to change this uni that they've had since 1979 with no changes whatsoever. The updated spear helmet throwback is a great idea...but only if they wear the BURGUNDY jerseys at home.

All-burgundy looks like this:

197601~Anchorman-Posters.jpg

I would love to see a predominately black jersey with burgundy/red numbers and gold accents. Would've been awesome if the skins came out in black this past sunday.

Yeah that would be pretty tight. Something similar to the shadow jerseys.:logo:

In the past we wore and all white uniform that set us on a long winning streak that helped us into the playoffs. I believe that we need a spark right now. What does everyone think if the Redskins wore their Burgundy jersies and pants for their home games to 1) Honor Sean Taylor, and 2) Spark them into the playoffs? I think htey would look awesome!:point2sky

I agree. I think an all burgundy uni would be sweet. This might sound crazy but I even think an all yellow uni (similar to Oregon) would look pretty cool. We could of course keep the classic style but use the color of the face bar as the jersey.......

I don't think the color of the uniform helps in any way to win ballgames. But if the players feel like a change would do something for them, then do it. The color of the uniform a player wears won't help in making a tackle, catching a pass, rushing for yardage, etc. Now if motivation is necessary to get a team to start playing up to their potential, then let them know how they play in games will determine their job status. Unfortunately, with the money players are being paid now some, for sure, aren't worried about their job status. And excuses seem to be working just fine for them.

I know that we wore the 75th anniversary uniform during the Giants game during at the beginning of the season, however, for all the hype of the 75th anniversary and marketing of it by the team it looks that we are going to wear the uniform for the dallas game and that is going to be it. I thought that the NFL allowed for teams to wear the jerseys 3-4 times. I guess they are only allowed to wear it twice? Could anyone give me any clarification on this. Also what did you all think about the hype of these uniforms? Did you all think it was worth the time and effort that was put in by the team to try and sell the jerseys? My opinion was that for all the talk of the 75th anniversary, they sure didn't use it to like they could have. I don't know if this is accurate or not but it seems to me that the team wore the 70th anniversary jerseys more than they did the 75th. Any ways, enough with my thoughts. What are your thoughts on this?

We are on a 5 year stint with the anniversary uniforms. First the 70th anniversary version, now the 75th! Can't wait for the 80th anniversary unis to surface five years from now.

The 80th anniversary team will probably commemorate the 20th anniversary (2012) of the last time we won a Superbowl.....:doh: :doh: :doh:

I remember reading on this board earlier in the season that we will be wearing them again for the Bears Thurs Night Game.

We will find out in a about 12 hours, would be nice, I got my Sean Taylor 75th Anniversary Jersey yesterday and plan on wearing it tonight when I watch the game.

I remember reading on this board earlier in the season that we will be wearing them again for the Bears Thurs Night Game.

We will find out in a about 12 hours, would be nice, I got my Sean Taylor 75th Anniversary Jersey yesterday and plan on wearing it tonight when I watch the game.

The 75th anniversary ones look great. I've made it a point that during every game I will now be wearing my ST jersey - that was previously held by JC's.

Why is everyone so concerned about the Redskins' uniforms? This team has tons more problems than its wardrobe. Who cares?

“Clothes and manners do not make the man; but, when he is made, they greatly improve his appearance.” Henry Ward Beecher

I guess it means we would look stylish when/if* we blow it in the 2nd half.. :doh: plus we'd have another thing to blame, the unis are jinxed! :D

*delete as applicable

The promo for the game has the old school helmet against the Bears' helmet, so I assume we're wearing them tonight.