Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

remember when steve spurrier won all the preseason games... well didnt he keep his startes in the whole preseason? lol howd that season turn out?

, love the all burgundy jerseys. pretty fresh. hopefully we get to see everyone's potential, ie colt, daniels and the receivers and the backs!

..but i love our preseason schedule...even if the starters only play between 2 quarters or 1 series..we are going up against good teams with great offenses and defenses....i feel this will really let us kno where we stand this season after watching these games...o and is it just me that wants to see the all burgandy jerseys again?

No, i like the all burgandy jerseys also.

I love preseason. Seriously.

I love it.

Its the only chance to see some of the younger players in action and get an idea of wether or not they can play.

And i agree that some games can help give a basic idea about the team.

A few things i learned from last years preseason games:

the offensive line was gonna struggle

that Tryon wasn't ready to play

that Horton and Moore were ready

that the rookie WRs weren't a featured part of the offense

that Fincher is a good back-up LB

that DE Rob Jackson has some ability

Marcus Mason knows how to run

It doesn't mean crap. We started hot in the preseaon last year and fell off. Then the regular season started with a God awful start and then the team went 6-2 in the first half. After which they went 2-6.

So perhaps the preseason was a good indicator. But in all seriousness, players admit that they aren't playing at nearly the same level they play during the regular season. Doesn't mean anything to me IMO.

I know they put the all burg in madden I saw some videos of 10 with us wearing them check the vid here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzWL_hF8SB0&feature=related

Also preseason means nothing it is good to get the younger guys experience and to let the starters get back into a little bit of the flow but the bottom line is no one runs there full offense now one shows there hand at all its just practice...

PRESEASON MEANS NOTHING! I don't believe that preseason is any indication of our progress. During one of our super bowl runs Coach Gibbs and the team lost every single preseason game and then they went to the Super Bowl. These are totally exhibition games and having to pay full price for these tickets is totally outrageous.

Anyone who didn't like the all burgundy uniforms simply because we lost to the superbowl champs is just plain STUPID OK! We tanked the last 8 games of the season wearing the traditional white and burgundy,and wernt any better with white on white. It was one game and the uni's looked gr8 on TV. We lost but we definately need to make those a regular part of the rotation....

Oh yea and Preseason means squat!

I never liked uniforms that had the same color tops and bottoms, unless they were all white. The Skins had the all-burgundy, the Seahawks had their all-greenish, Broncos had all-navy, and other teams did it, and to me, it always looked more like they were wearing pajamas than a football uniform. The best looking unis for any team is a color for top or bottom, and then white for the other. The all-white for us isn't bad, especially since we have the burgundy helmets, but I prefer to have some color.

Amazing, this thread and the cult of colt thread were right next to each other. As long as this thread has been around and usually on the front page, the Colt thread has wice the posts and over 3x the views. Amazing..

I was thinking that having a yellow alternate jersey would be nice, considering the Eagles have a black alternate, and Giants have a red alternate. I think it's time we added a new color since we've only had red and white jerseys for so long. Personally, I already love the Red on Red combination, and adding a Yellow Alternate jersey would be another awesome option for primetime games. :laugh:

what do you guys think?

gifbinkeyboardcat.gif

Ew, no black and burgundy. We'll look like the Washington Vampires. And when you have dark jerseys with dark pants, they look like pajamas. Gold and black could look ok if it was done right, but it won't really look like the Redskins. I'd rather stick with combos of burgundy and white, all white or maybe the 3rd jersey could be burgundy and gold like those anniversary ones were.

I wanted to clear up the misconception that the redskins have only worn all burgundy once. Not true. I dont remember which year, but had to be the early 80's because Joey T. was QB. Skins played a game on the road where the team knew we would be wearing our burgundy jerseys because the other team opted for white. Well, the team manager screwed it up and sent the burgundy pants along instead of the white. The skins lost the game and Gibbs was pissed. At the game and the ugly unis.

I wanted to clear up the misconception that the redskins have only worn all burgundy once. Not true. I dont remember which year, but had to be the early 80's because Joey T. was QB. Skins played a game on the road where the team knew we would be wearing our burgundy jerseys because the other team opted for white. Well, the team manager screwed it up and sent the burgundy pants along instead of the white. The skins lost the game and Gibbs was pissed. At the game and the ugly unis.

Not true. They even said on the radio last year that the Steelers game was the first time EVER that the Skins had worn that combo. And I've seen every Skins game from 1979 onwards. Something like this would have been caught by NFL Films, because it happened in 1964 to the Vikings, when they played one full half against the Lions with BOTH teams wearing white jerseys...at halftime the Vikings changed to purple on the sidelines.

Not true. They even said on the radio last year that the Steelers game was the first time EVER that the Skins had worn that combo. And I've seen every Skins game from 1979 onwards. Something like this would have been caught by NFL Films, because it happened in 1964 to the Vikings, when they played one full half against the Lions with BOTH teams wearing white jerseys...at halftime the Vikings changed to purple on the sidelines.

I had to quote this simply because I think it's the first post of yours where you're not taking a swipe at either Dan Or Vinny or both. :)