Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Guest Spearfeather

I didn't see this t-shirt offered last year. Picked one up a few days ago.

p15482094reg.jpg

Edited by Spearfeather

Guest Spearfeather
Still see the collar?

I'm wondering if the talk of the " collar " being gone, came from this. The Nike promo shows the Redskins burgundy jersey, along with other teams that had collars last year, but are shown there, without them. The only problem is, the Redskins didn't have a contrasting collar on their burgundy jerseys.

no+collars.jpg

If their was something to this, as far as the Redskins are concerned, why did they use the burgundy jerseys for the picture for the Redskins?

http://www.stocklemonblog.com/2013/04/nike-nfl-jerseys-dropping-collar.html

Edited by Spearfeather

• 1 month later...

So do we know if the burgundy pants are coming back this year?  I love the gold, actually I prefer them, but I do like the iconic look of the white on burgundy and hope to see that combo occasionally.  What would be cool is that we only bust that look out for special games, like at home vs. Dallas.  Maybe wear it once at home, and once on the road (at Philly for example).   

I'm not big on unis, but I really do think it's sad we'll probably never see these unis again.

Carolina+Panthers+v+Washington+Redskins+

Team had a couple chances to wear them after the Panthers game and decided not to. Probably think they're jinxed.

Since Nike is releasing new gear with the alternate design, I would say we will be wearing them again this year.

I have always preferred the Redskins

Wearing Burgundy tops, White pants

and Burgundy socks.

Oh man, I'm not a fan of that look.  It's never looked right to me.  I love the reverse though.

For home, I think 6 of the 8 games the team should wear Burgundy jerseys and Gold Pants.  This is the color of the team, and it looks fantastic.

For one home game, wear the throw back.  I prefer the 70th, but whatever, they should wear one at least once a year.

For the home game vs. the Cowboys, wear White jerseys, and Burgundy pants.

For the away games, White on Gold for 6 of the games.  1 game w/ a throwback (75th, or a white jersey w/ the 80th perhaps), and one game (either at NY or Philly), wear White jerseys / Burgundy pants.

• Like 1

Putting color aside ... I think the Skins' uni design is bland.

I would love to see a fresh new "modern" design ... something with the suggestion of

feathers, spears, etc. to make it look more aggressively war-like!

And by all means, bring back the "spear" helmet design!

• Like 2

I'll take white on burgundy or white on white over the white on gold. The burgundy tops with gold pants works for me (though I think we should switch the jersey to the 70s style so the stripe patterns match the pants and socks better) but the white on gold with that busted up collar is just a mess. I'm not for an overall uniform redesign (though with RG3 jersey sales the way they are I wouldn't be surprised to see one) just some alterations here and there to make the uniform match. The white jerseys with the two bar stripes should be on pants with the two bar stripes.

• Like 1

I'll take white on burgundy or white on white over the white on gold. The burgundy tops with gold pants works for me (though I think we should switch the jersey to the 70s style so the stripe patterns match the pants and socks better) but the white on gold with that busted up collar is just a mess. I'm not for an overall uniform redesign (though with RG3 jersey sales the way they are I wouldn't be surprised to see one) just some alterations here and there to make the uniform match. The white jerseys with the two bar stripes should be on pants with the two bar stripes.

I like the idea of consistency with the piping.  I don't like that the helmet has 3 stripes, the burgundy / white pants have 2, the gold has three stripes, and both jerseys have double stripes at the base of the sleeve.  Then the socks...jeez, the striping is just all off all the way around.

For me, I'd go Gold pants, with a single burgundy stripe with burgundy and white socks, something like this:

1979-Sportscaster-Hanburger-F.jpg

--

For the jerseys, I'd remove the double piping at the sleeve base.  It's pointless, especially considering everyone except Kirk Cousins, tucks their sleeves.  Rather than trying to cram two stripes, I'd have a solid burgundy stripe for the White jerseys, and a solid Gold for the Burgundy jerseys.

I'd also get rid of the gold trim on the burgundy jersey around the numbers and just have solid white.

Overall, I would have it look something like the below picture but slightly modernized.

Chris%20Hanburger%20Redskins.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

For those who care, in 2012:

1. Skins wore the Burgundy Top/Gold Pants combo 7 times and won 5 of those games, 4

at home, 1 away (NO).

2. They wore the White Jersey/Gold Pants combo 6 times and went 3-3, all away.

3. They wore the Burgundy Top/White Pants get up twice and won both, one away (Phila.)

Edited by Gregpeck99

Nike is now selling the white jersey with the all white collar. Yeah, I posted a giant pic on purpose.

all+white.jpg

Carolina+Panthers+v+Washington+Redskins+

I'd like to see a version of this with a burgundy helmet to match the jersey. No logo, just the players number in the font/color from the jersey as well.

• Like 1

I think that white jerz def needs a burg collar.

Putting color aside ... I think the Skins' uni design is bland.

I would love to see a fresh new "modern" design ... something with the suggestion of

feathers, spears, etc. to make it look more aggressively war-like!

And by all means, bring back the "spear" helmet design!

I second this.  And if it sucked, you could always go back to the classic.

Home=Burgundy Top, Gold Pants

Away=White Top, Burgundy Pants

Alt =New Modernized Spear UNI!

I agree, they should have make it go all the way around. But if the choice is the 3/4 or none at all. Give me none at all.

Green back does a mix of their colors in the collar. Saints still have them 3/4.

I bounced around a few teams but didn't see a team with a solid one color collar on a white jersey.

• Like 1

I have always preferred the Redskins

Wearing Burgundy tops, White pants

and Burgundy socks.

That's probably my least favorite combo. I was bummed last season when they decided to keep the white pants instead of the burgundy ones.

It looks weird as hell with no burgundy collar.

Not as weird as half and half, that's for sure.