Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I honestly want us to use the color scheme of our throwbacks this year, but with our current helmet. Our throwbacks are actually a legit shade of burgundy and gold, while our current is more red and yellow.

Im going to work on a petition to make our throwback our standard uniform with our current helmet, ive done it in madden, and im not going to lie, it looks BOSS as ****. Who's with me?

Here's what I have in mind from my earlier post using the Madden Uni's as a reference:

alt2.pngalt3.png

alt1.png

All we need to do is match our current helmet design to the color scheme of the 50's throwbacks. I think that would be an awesome new uniform to go with the new RG3 era. It manages to pull off that modern/retro look at the same time.

Here's what I have in mind from my earlier post using the Madden Uni's as a reference:

http://s8.postimage.org/fvczkzgth/alt2.pnghttp://s9.postimage.org/yhvttcklr/alt3.png

http://s15.postimage.org/vcz90zmt7/alt1.png

All we need to do is match our current helmet design to the color scheme of the 50's throwbacks. I think that would be an awesome new uniform to go with the new RG3 era. It manages to pull off that modern/retro look at the same time.

Yeah, I like how simple it is. Just change the gold on the logo, stripe, and facemask to match the pants and and numbers and I think it would look really good.

I honestly want us to use the color scheme of our throwbacks this year' date=' but with our current helmet. Our throwbacks are actually a legit shade of burgundy and gold, while our current is more red and yellow.

Im going to work on a petition to make our throwback our standard uniform with our current helmet, ive done it in madden, and im not going to lie, it looks BOSS as ****. Who's with me?[/quote']

make the names on back of jerseys white and I agree

Been said many times that they will wear them against the Giants on Monday Night.

According to Lavarleap56 we are not wearing the throwbacks against the Giants. He is hearing burgundy tops/white pants for the G-Men and possibly the throwbacks for the Ravens game.

Edited by E33Green

They must have switched then.

Yep, cause the word was they would wear them for the Panthers and the Giants. Wonder why they changed up? You think they would have worn them in one prime time game.

Edited by HOF44

Yep, cause the word was they would wear them for the Panthers and the Giants. Wonder why they changed up? You think they would have worn them in one prime time game.

Well, considering the Redskins recent record in primetime games and their all time record wearing throwback jerseys I think they made the right choice. In fact, I can't seem to ever recall the Skins winning a game while wearing any kind of throwback jerseys. The only primetime game the Skins have won in the past 5 years was the Sunday Night season opener against Dallas in 2010.

Well, considering the Redskins recent record in primetime games and their all time record wearing throwback jerseys I think they made the right choice. In fact, I can't seem to ever recall the Skins winning a game while wearing any kind of throwback jerseys. The only primetime game the Skins have won in the past 5 years was the Sunday Night season opener against Dallas in 2010.

It's funny...if you really look at it, I would bet we have a wretched record in throwbacks.

We wore them in 1994 (not sure if it was every game or not) and finished the season 3-13 so I assume we were pretty bad in them.

We wore them on and off in 2002 and finished 7-9 (not horrible).

We wore them in a loss against the Giants in 2007.

We wore them in a loss against the Panthers earlier this year.

Oh well, I'm sure there's nothing to it, but it's interesting.