Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Either Saunders has no faith that Brunell can run the plays that his offense is known for or Brunell simply cant get the ball to the recievers. Either way, its time to go a different direction.

Jason Campbell please. If the Oline cant pick up a blitz then we need to see if Jason has the ability to make some plays on his own when things break down.

Today was pathetic.

Saunders is NOT the problem. He doesn't have a QB in Brunell that can get the job done. It IS as simple as that. Brunell tries to roll out to his left if he scrambles at all right into the defense, because they know if he rolls out that is where he is going to go. The defense only has to play half of the field. Brunell doesn't have the arm to do the job. How many more 3 yard screens can you stand? He doesn't even seem to have the ability to run the football when there is an open lane. Even the commentator mentioned that Saunders has his hands tied because they don't have any confidence in their QB. That really tells the story. The defense played pretty damn well today considering they were going up against a top ranked offense. There were some defensive lapses, but after watching their offense look like the same old song and dance, what do they have to fight for? It is time to bring in the new kids on the block and see what we have. Give them the learning experience going into next season so we don't do the same pitiful thing next year. At least that way we know what to look for in the draft. Let's get real people. This season is over and we need to start looking to the future. That time is now.

I'd beg to differ. That's been blatantly obvious since 2004....with an 8 game hiatus last season that is :(

Exactly. But it wasn't even a consecutive 8 game hiatus. Even in the midst of our best winning streaks of 2005, Brunell was routinely putting up his horrid performances about 50% of the time. The difference was that our defense was stonewalling opponents at the time, and the running game was in a fantastic rhythm for the only time during Gibbs II's tenure.

for the amount of talent we have and the amount of money we spent, this play is unacceptable. starts with our coaching staff starting training camp late, no 2 a days, 0-4 in the preseason, gibbs not having the team ready to play 6 out of the first 9 games, his love affair with the worst qb in the nfl etc. etc. i think gibbs should step down after this year and we need to go into another direction. we need to put JC in to see what he can do. if he isn't good, we need to find a capable QB.

Actually, I was just about to point out that Bubba, Longshot and the rest of the Brunell zombies have been conspicuously absent from this thread. C'mon guys, what's the matter? Brunell didn't get his completion pct. up high enough on those 2 yard passes to get you all going? Or maybe Bubba is busy starting another "It's all Brunell's fault" joke thread. :rolleyes:

Until now I havent been ready for the change. Simply because if JC isnt ready he shouldnt be rushed. Now, we have to put him in. But I have read alot of your posts in recent weeeks. You seem to have a horrible view on the situation. THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS. If you think we stand a chance with this defense your crazy. The offensive line cant block anyone. And dont give me the whole"well JC can scramble" crap. Scramblers dont win games , qbs with time to pick the defenses apart win games. So keep dreaming that 1 player is the reason that we're headed for 5-11.

Saunders is NOT the problem. He doesn't have a QB in Brunell that can get the job done. It IS as simple as that. Brunell tries to roll out to his left if he scrambles at all right into the defense, because they know if he rolls out that is where he is going to go. The defense only has to play half of the field. Brunell doesn't have the arm to do the job. How many more 3 yard screens can you stand? He doesn't even seem to have the ability to run the football when there is an open lane. Even the commentator mentioned that Saunders has his hands tied because they don't have any confidence in their QB. That really tells the story. The defense played pretty damn well today considering they were going up against a top ranked offense. There were some defensive lapses, but after watching their offense look like the same old song and dance, what do they have to fight for? It is time to bring in the new kids on the block and see what we have. Give them the learning experience going into next season so we don't do the same pitiful thing next year. At least that way we know what to look for in the draft. Let's get real people. This season is over and we need to start looking to the future. That time is now.
true,very true!!!!Get Brunell the hell out there and put in our number one draft pick!!!

Brunell has played the same for 3 years. What more do you expect? It's the coaching. When the player is consistently worthless, yet he stays in the game, the blame has to be put on the coaches for not having the guts to even see another qb play when we have virtually no chance of winning after being down big in the second half.

I can't believe that Gibbs has let his legacy get this tarnished over Brunell. If Gibbs wasn't already in the HOF, I doubt he would get inducted if he retired this year, particularly given the anti-skins bias.

I think that Brunell knows that this was probably his last game.. I dont hate Brunell and I understand that it isnt all his fault but its time for change. He really did look like he was going to cry in the presser. I just hope Jason Campbell isn't a chump out there. If he is we might have Byron next year(which wouldnt be that bad I dont think)

Brunell would be cut on any other NFL team at this point in the season. He is undeservant of his pay, and should retire to avoid future embarassment. Brunell getting interviewed on Comcast, guess what he has to say? Same old ****. We are in a good system, I don't understand, I suck, but cannot admit it, we got beat by a real good team. Hey Mark, shut the **** up!

Archived