Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QB Thread

TK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Brunell taking some tough questions from Comcast crew, and bristling at it. Very interesting television there.

I found that more enjoyable than watching the game....in fact, it almost made watching that garbage worth it.

Mark Brunell is officially more selfish and worse for the team than Bruce Smith was IMO.

I will celebrate when he is no longer in a 'skins uniform just like I did w/ Deion and Bruce Smith. I was against that trade from day one, this experiment has been a colossal failure. Get him out of here, please!

Until now I havent been ready for the change. Simply because if JC isnt ready he shouldnt be rushed. Now, we have to put him in. But I have read alot of your posts in recent weeeks. You seem to have a horrible view on the situation. THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS. If you think we stand a chance with this defense your crazy. The offensive line cant block anyone. And dont give me the whole"well JC can scramble" crap. Scramblers dont win games , qbs with time to pick the defenses apart win games. So keep dreaming that 1 player is the reason that we're headed for 5-11.

I guess you missed one of my posts though. Maybe you should try to read more of them. :)

For the record, I have said several times that I don't expect Campbell to come in and rip things up. If he does, fine but given his inexperience, our OL problems and our defense he's probably going to lose a lot more than he wins...while making some boneheaded mistakes in the process.

Even so, given Saunders' complex offense, he needs the experience and offers the possibility of improvement whereas Brunell can only get worse. Do you really want to see worse than the current Brunell? If so, you must be some kind of masochist.

I guess you missed one of my posts though. Maybe you should try to read more of them. :)

For the record, I have said several times that I don't expect Campbell to come in and rip things up. If he does, fine but given his inexperience, our OL problems and our defense he's probably going to lose a lot more than he wins...while making some boneheaded mistakes in the process.

Even so, given Saunders' complex offense, he needs the experience and offers the possibility of improvement whereas Brunell can only get worse. Do you really want to see worse than the current Brunell? If so, you must be some kind of masochist.

This wasnt a call out post. Not at all. And no I dont wanna see anymore Brunell. But every other post that you submit places all of the blame on Brunell.

Besides the fact that Brunell is subpar, I don't understand why we don't attack the middle of the field more if people play cover 2 on us. Why not have some crossing routes or some ten yard slants? How about getting Cooley the ball more?

Why do we counter the cover 2 with screen and swing passes? I mean, why all the time?

Also, I heard the announcers mention that our recievers don't do the scramble drill. If your QB is on the run, you run deep if you're short and short if you're deep. Isn't that basic stuff? Sucks you can't tell that kind of stuff from watching the game on TV.

It's gotta kill Saunders that we have to max protect so often. I mean, if you send out 3 or 4 recievers and then have a back as a checkdown, then it shouldn't take you long to find your open man and get rid of the ball. If you take a 5 step drop then you should already recognize your open man, if you hadn't already keyed off on the defense in pre-snap.

Anyway, I would like to see Campbell start and Duckett in there taking a lot of run plays.

This wasnt a call out post. Not at all. And no I dont wanna see anymore Brunell. But every other post that you submit places all of the blame on Brunell.

Wrong answer. I have said before that there are other things we need to address, DE being my first priority. However, I have also pointed out that I'm not comfortable with Samuels protecting Campbell's blind side (if he can ever get a start:mad: ) and that we should consider getting another LT and moving Samuels to RT to replace Jansen (who appears to be done) and I'd like for us to get some more help for our outgunned and overmanned CBs. Additionally, I've also called for Rocky to replace Holdman so that he can cut his teeth.

So no, I'm not saying Brunell is the only problem-just the biggest and most glaring one. :(

However, if you know of other players besides Campbell and Rocky on our bench that might be an upgrade to guys that are underperforming, please speak up.

I dare somebody to come on here and try to defend him. We're watching the worst starting QB in the NFL, folks, and our coaches are just don't have the balls to do anything about it.

Bingo!!

Thats why I have been laughing my ass off all week with all the predictions on here that we were going to win out. The win against Dallas was a fluke and so was the Jax win. We are closer to being a 1-8 team than being a 4-5 team and thats pretty sad since the whole offense is being handicapped at least 2 scores a game by the sorry assed QB.

Man, even Brunell says in the postgame interview that the running was good, the run blocking was good, the pass protection was good... aside from possibly having receivers running bad routes and/or dropping passes, there's really not much left, is there? Um, except changing the QB.

I think that Brunell knows that this was probably his last game.

Damn I hope so but knowing Gibbs I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't given 1 more game to play mediocre ball and keep his job for no real reason since we aren't going to the playoffs this year. I think it was pretty obvious after the Tennessee game that this team is 6-10 and at best 8-8.

Sorry don't understand(anyone wanting to keep brunell in) our o-line has allowed how many sacks on noodle arm?Like three all year!!!Stop making excuses for his poor play.Part of playing in todays Nfl is being able to burn the blitzers and being able to scramble and make plays.Brunell has done none of this.You can't expect our o-line not to get some bltizers come through.I thought they did a hell of a job on the protection in the second half.Brunell cost us yet another game with the short check downs,no scrambling and only one deep throw to brandon.Just plain sucks!!!

Sorry don't understand our o-line has allowed how many sacks on noodle arm?Like three all year!!!Stop making excuses for his poor play.Part of playing in todays Nfl is being able to burn the blitzers and being able to scramble and make plays.Brunell has done none of this.You can't expect our o-line not to get some bltizers come through.I thought they did a hell of a job on the protection in the second half.Brunell cost us yet another game with the short check downs,no scrambling and only one deep throw to brandon.Just plain sucks!!!

Brunell sucks but please dont defend the o line they have sucked all year long.

Archived