Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Listen to the Junkies this Morning?

B&GPride44

"It doesn't matter if Campbell is in there or not the results will still be the same if you have a defense that can't stop anyone."

wrong.

the win/loss outcome may be the same...but the results of the game will be quite different.

You mean as for scoring ? Not so sure about that.

stwasm....right on...that article was very interesting.

big ray...if the defense is as bad as you suggest..then why not make the change on offense? work the new guy in when it really doesn't matter in terms of wins/losses.

the D will play better this week. I expect them to shut Jones down more or less. the passing game remains a concern....but with Springs back, and if Vincent plays a lot to stabilize the generalship in the secondary, things should improve. I continue to believe we need to overhaul the linebacking core...at the very least...it's long past time to get Rocky in there. let him make his mistakes as well - get it over with now rather than next season. other rook LBs seem to have made the transition - why is it the Skins routinely fail to get value out of their draft picks early on? because the coaching staff is too *amn conservative! a philosophy that simply isn't working.

No one is ignoring the defense's poor play but if we actually had the same level of talent on the defense as the offense currently has, it would be a valid argument. At the moment though it's obvious that between injuries and the patchwork subs being put in their place, I don't know how anyone can expect them to stop anyone.

As for JC starting, as the saying goes I'll believe it when I see it but that doesn't mean I don't hope it's true as well.

Hey do not get me wrong I want to see Jason in there as well like the rest of you guys .. I just do not believe he will be our savior as some may think. Like I said in another response to this thread I believe this team is still trying to win some games and savage a season that has been a big disaappointment. I say wait until after the Dallas and Philly game and if Brunell continues to struggle then yes put Campbell in there let him get some experience.

Man, I have no idea why people continue to ignore the defense is one of the main reasons why this team is losing sure, the offense should shoulder some of the blame but the defense is not getting the job done.

They are not creating turnovers giving our offense good field position, they are not getting pressure on the quarterback, they can't cover anyone I will say the defense is the main problem .

Look at the Broncos their offense isn't doing great but their defense has kept them and every game and won some games for them. It has been proven our defense can't win a game when they had to the Titans game come to mind, the Vikings game come to mind.

Well let me put it to you this way. Since this is the first time it seems that the entire D is healthy and will play then maybe they will be able tostop some of those 3rd down conversions. In otherwords there is going to be changes in the D this weekend. Well how about the offense then?

It will not help much if Brunell is in there, playing half the field without having Moss to break long runs from his "super smart" screen plays while he "fights his guts out" to throw to Betts for 5 yards 3rd down completions when we need 8 yards.

Now I agree this D is not the 04 D but then again remind me how many points did this offense score against the Giants (at the time having the 31 worse passing D) or the Colts (ranked in the bottom 3rd in the league in D and please don't include that garbage TD in the last seconds of the game) or the Titans which plain suck but we had something like 7 3 and outs agianst them?

Well let me put it to you this way. Since this is the first time it seems that the entire D is healthy and will play then maybe they will be able tostop some of those 3rd down conversions. In otherwords there is going to be changes in the D this weekend. Well how about the offense then?

It will not help much if Brunell is in there, playing half the field without having Moss to break long runs from his "super smart" screen plays while he "fights his guts out" to throw to Betts for 5 yards 3rd down completions when we need 8 yards.

Now I agree this D is not the 04 D but then again remind me how many points did this offense score against the Giants (at the time having the 31 worse passing D) or the Colts (ranked in the bottom 3rd in the league in D and please don't include that garbage TD in the last seconds of the game) or the Titans which plain suck but we had something like 7 3 and outs agianst them?

I see what you're saying but do you really believe Campbell will be the savior ?

Are they still on the air?

(From the Junkies Myspace Blog)

BALTIMORE BLUES (10/30/06)

Dear Baltimore listeners,

We are sad to inform you that management at 105.7 FM-WHFS has decided to replace us with Kirk & Mark. Unfortunately, there really isn't much we can do. You could email or call WHFS to voice your complaint, but it will likely fall upon deaf ears.

The truth is the GM of HFS never supported our show and he got rid of us at the first opportunity. When we pitched having Junkettes in Baltimore, a Baltimore Breakfast Club, a Bar Tour and other ideas, we couldn't even get a response. We never even had one Junkies t-shirt or keychain made by HFS during the last 10 months. That's a show!

We did want to let you know what was up because we know we have a large Baltimore audience and we are disappointed that we won't be able to broadcast to you in the future. Truth is, we don't know when they'll pull the plug. It could be February, it could be tomorrow? Shocker the GM didn't call us to tell us we were being replaced and shocker we still haven't heard from him. That's money management!

We do hope you'll continue to support the show. You can still listen via streaming and podcasting at 1067freefm.com. We also urge you to sign up for our mailing list on Junkiesradio.com so we can send you updates. You never know what might happen in the future?

Finally, we'd like to set up an impromptu appearance in the Baltimore area to thank you for all your support. Suggestions are welcomed in the comments section here.

Thanks again for all your support. We hope you'll find a way to stay tuned to the Junkies. And we hope to see you at the Borgata for the 1st Annual Junkies Poker Open coming up on November 30th.

JUNKS - JP

I was listening on my ride into work and EB says that they have been getting calls all morning from their "source" inside Redskins Park saying that its a virtual lock that Campbell gets the nod on Sunday...If so Gibbs has just pulled off the greatest okie doke in a long time!

This is true, I just got done listening before going into work. They said they have a "credible" source that says Campbell will start on Sunday:fingersx: . I believe it was right before the governors picks were going to air. I hope this is true and it would be an exciting feature to see when I get to my seat and watch him take his first snap in his NFL career. GO SKINS AND BEAT THOSE BOYS TO A PULP!!!

:helmet: :cheers: :helmet:

Are they still on the air?

(From the Junkies Myspace Blog)

BALTIMORE BLUES (10/30/06)

Dear Baltimore listeners,

We are sad to inform you that management at 105.7 FM-WHFS has decided to replace us with Kirk & Mark. Unfortunately, there really isn't much we can do. You could email or call WHFS to voice your complaint, but it will likely fall upon deaf ears.

The truth is the GM of HFS never supported our show and he got rid of us at the first opportunity. When we pitched having Junkettes in Baltimore, a Baltimore Breakfast Club, a Bar Tour and other ideas, we couldn't even get a response. We never even had one Junkies t-shirt or keychain made by HFS during the last 10 months. That's a show!

We did want to let you know what was up because we know we have a large Baltimore audience and we are disappointed that we won't be able to broadcast to you in the future. Truth is, we don't know when they'll pull the plug. It could be February, it could be tomorrow? Shocker the GM didn't call us to tell us we were being replaced and shocker we still haven't heard from him. That's money management!

We do hope you'll continue to support the show. You can still listen via streaming and podcasting at 1067freefm.com. We also urge you to sign up for our mailing list on Junkiesradio.com so we can send you updates. You never know what might happen in the future?

Finally, we'd like to set up an impromptu appearance in the Baltimore area to thank you for all your support. Suggestions are welcomed in the comments section here.

Thanks again for all your support. We hope you'll find a way to stay tuned to the Junkies. And we hope to see you at the Borgata for the 1st Annual Junkies Poker Open coming up on November 30th.

JUNKS - JP

They are on WJFK out of fairfax VA also. The baltimore station was a sister station that also broadcast them

I have supported Brunell this year eventhough I would like to see Campbell but this game Sunday is the make or break for the season. If we lose this game our season is over and Campbell should start the rest of the year. If Gibbs does start Campbell on Sunday it is most likely because Mark is more hurt then they have been reporting, because as much as I like Joe Gibbs I don't think he is the kind of coach who would pull off a risky move like this if Brunel was healthy.

Also someone asked why te source would need to come on to the radio again. The source should provide all of his information as to how he knows and what is the reason why he is starting instead of Captain Courage.

Bubba....would you get off of Brunells sack please? Everything has to be perfect for him to be successful.......Brunell ISN"T GOING TO BE THE BEST THING FOR THIS TEAM!

Ok, but BETTER QB PLAY DOESN'T IMPROVE THE DEFENSE!

Got it?

Changing QB's is like putting a band-aid on a tourniquet at this point in time, but it's still the best thing to get Campbell ready for next year. Our QB play doesn't affect how bad the D is at the beginning of games and opening drives, especially.

In order for Brunell to be good, the following has to happen...

1) World class defense from 04 season and part of 05 season

2) Excellent o-line play all day!

3) Great running game with 100-150 yards plus from Portis

4) Great plays from Moss and Cooley and B-Lloyd

5) Special Teams production from ARE

6) At least 1 or 2 turnovers

7) Penalties and mistakes from the opponent (like roughing the passer etc...)

And all of this usually equates to a win. With Brunell, he can't run out of the pocket and make something of nothing....and if the team needs him to carry them when something isn't clicking, it doesn't happen from him! And save the stats! They are too mis-leading.

Archived