Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Listen to the Junkies this Morning?

B&GPride44

Here is my question.... if you were gibbs and you were gonna start JC would you tell the media and give dallas a chance to prepare in whatever way to saw fit..... OR would you keep it hush hush and let it be a surprise. Im gonna go with keep it hush hush... so i dont think we will really know for about 38 hours :)

GO SKINS KILL THOES GODDAMNED DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say that Brunell will run into the huddle like he is the starting QB.. Joe Gibbs then takes MB down via a horse collar tackle and inserts JC into the starting line-up.

Gibbs is considered a genius again and all is well in DC even if the Skins do not make the paloffs. Because, we have a hint as to what 'next year' will look like. Everyone is happy, one way or another and then the "Where iz TJ Duck3tt at?? threads replace the Burnell/Future threads.

I say that Brunell will run into the huddle like he is the starting QB.. Joe Gibbs then takes MB down via a horse collar tackle and inserts JC into the starting line-up.

Gibbs is considered a genius again and all is well in DC even if the Skins do not make the paloffs. Because, we have a hint as to what 'next year' will look like. Everyone is happy, one way or another and then the "Where iz TJ Duck3tt at?? threads replace the Burnell/Future threads.

True but the fact remains that no matter which QB is in there, are paloffs is now. And I feel that Jason has just as much potential to lead us to the paloffs as Burnell does, possibly more even with the sprak he could pervide.

For what it's worth, I'll give the defense a slight pass on the start of the season. Sunday will be the 1st game we've had BOTH Springs and Rogers starting at cb. I think Gregg Williams will blitz the hell out of Tony NOGO and Skins start the ball rolling on a run at the playoffs.

And yeah...the koolaid is ice cold baby!! :koolaid:

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Man, I have no idea why people continue to ignore the defense is one of the main reasons why this team is losing sure, the offense should shoulder some of the blame but the defense is not getting the job done.

They are not creating turnovers giving our offense good field position, they are not getting pressure on the quarterback, they can't cover anyone I will say the defense is the main problem .

Look at the Broncos their offense isn't doing great but their defense has kept them and every game and won some games for them. It has been proven our defense can't win a game when they had to the Titans game come to mind, the Vikings game come to mind.

Ray

I think everyone hear agrees that the defense has been terrible but that doesn't excuse Brunell's poor performance this season. At least with another starting QB, we could create some opportunities to score some TD's, something that Brunell seems to have forgotten how to do.

From ESPN Insider, Whispers Around the NFL:

"Although the Redskins said they gave backup QB Jason Campbell two days' worth of snaps with the first team because of Mark Brunell's sore ribs, we hear Campbell could be named the starter if the Redskins don't win both of their next two games, against the Cowboys and Eagles."

This makes sense. Our season is looking doomed anyway but if we don't win the next two interdivisional games it is definitely over. Gibbs is going to stick with Brunell and give him the chance for the miracle finish. I hope he suceeds and will support him and Gibbs fully.

It wouldn't surprise me if Joe Gibbs pulls this off. He is famous for hiding his hand until gameday. I honestly think Gibbs feels this team needs a lift. If Brunell were to start, have a couple of bad passes, he knows the mood is going to be tense. This way, hey, put in Campbell, if he starts screwing the pooch, then he brings in Brunell, and he quiets the ney sayers. Either way, I honestly think Joe Gibbs has been doing some serious soul searching recently, and his loyalty to Brunell may have been a mistake that he now realizes must be changed, or at least experimented with.

Ray

I think everyone hear agrees that the defense has been terrible but that doesn't excuse Brunell's poor performance this season. At least with another starting QB, we could create some opportunities to score some TD's, something that Brunell seems to have forgotten how to do.

Agreed, and if your offense can do no better than 4 three and outs in a row, then your defense is not only tired, but discouraged as well. This team needs a spark, however small it may be. Can you imagine the ovation JC would get if he trots out with the offense? It could be exactly what the doctor ordered for a slugish offense that can't seem to get going.

Let me elaborate a little on a comment I made earlier in this thread. In a conversation with brother Utah not too long ago, we were talking about that comment. He reminded me of when we were at the Cinci game a couple of years ago. The run game was doing okay but Mark was struggling again. Utah leaned over and said " Mark doesn't have it". I nodded and something inside said "hmmmm". I remember thinking for a bit and then looking to the sidelines. Nothing at that time, but I kept my eye out. Sure enough, Patrick started to warm up and I sat straight up in my seat. I told Utah what was going on and in a little bit, we had alot of people in the area alive watching the sidelines instead of the D. I'm not saying this is the case now, I'm simply saying that's the feeling I get right now. That should the run game go okay, and Mark still struggles, I wouldn't be surprised to see Collins or J.C. get into the game. May not happen this game, but I feel that it may happen soon. Joe's done this before, could happen again.

I'm not going to say that it would be great to see J.C. in, simply because it's the future is now stuff. I will say it's possibly good because at that time, the coaches will have decided that J.C. was ready to go out there and give his future a shot. That they had prepared him and taught him as much as they could, and that time will be right. That maybe putting him isn't a foreclosure on the season but maybe a well calculated risk that he will be able to help rescue it instead. Based on what I've said so far. And alot of things all of us probably wouldn't quite get if we tried.

Even if this turns out to be true, Joe will blame it on Brunells injury and will probably reisert him the following week. Even if Campbell throws for 250 yards 3 TD's and 1 pick. The pick will be destroyed by Gibbs in his post game presser and he will announce Brunell starting next week because of it.

2-5, I am absolutely disgusted with this team, a few players with there lackadaisical play at times, but mostly with this overpriced coaching staff who cause these players to get disgusted at times with there play calling. I can not wait until the offseason, this team needs to be gutted, starting with everyone 30 and over. We are stuck with Carter and Arch unless they return bonus money ala Lavar, we can not cut them unfortunately.

Remember our game against dallas at home last year, well look for the exact opposite this time. Dallas' front 4 will dominate our pourous O-line and Campbell will never ajust by calling hot routes being young and in his first ever game....thats enough for now, its time for another 12 pack

:chug:

Archived