Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Listen to the Junkies this Morning?

B&GPride44

That makes me nervous, as a Cowboys fan. It's very possible that the team could rally around Campbell, just like the Cowboys did around Romo sits to pee.

Any word on Moss playing yet? He would go a long way in helping Campbell off to a good start.

we still have lloyd,ARE,patten,thrash,and cooley.

Newman could easily shutdown any of those WR's,but if Lloyd,ARE,or Patten got a 1-1 with anthony henry they could torch him.

for what henry lacks in speed he makes up in physical presence,but that won't help him on a go route

Just like Vince Young - I've been saying this for a while, but thats just cause if I'm right I look cool and if I'm wrong I just look like an ass like I usually do :)

we still have lloyd,ARE,patten,thrash,and cooley.

Newman could easily shutdown any of those WR's,but if Lloyd,ARE,or Patten got a 1-1 with anthony henry they could torch him.

for what henry lacks in speed he makes up in physical presence,but that won't help him on a go route

Lloyd dominated Newman last year, like half his highlight real is against him. :cool:

Ok, but BETTER QB PLAY DOESN'T IMPROVE THE DEFENSE!

Got it?

QUOTE]

It won't improve the defense? I disagree, I think any positive change at QB will greatly effect the rest of the team. For instance, if you sustain Off. drives, then you don't have to have your D on the field all day. Or how about having a chance to win in a shootout? JC gives us the best chance to win and I dont see how anyone can believe differently.

Dont get me wrong, I have been a HUGE brunell supporter and have always said that Gibbs knows what he is doing, but you would have to be blind to not see that Brunell doesnt give our explosive Offense a chance. I'm not saying Mb is the only probem, hes not even the only problem on offense, but he is the one thing we can fix immediately.

I find it hard to believe that the Junkies have sources above the intern level.

The Junks are decent guys and Governor Ehrlich listens to them and comes on their show. Like or dislike Governor Ehrlich you don't hear any other politicians going on these kind of shows.

Just like Vince Young - I've been saying this for a while, but thats just cause if I'm right I look cool and if I'm wrong I just look like an ass like I usually do :)

Lloyd dominated Newman last year, like half his highlight real is against him. :cool:

no that was anthony henry

lloyd tore him a new one

I agree we need to see what we have in the kid Campbell but I still believe this team is trying to win games and take it for what it's worth you do not have to like it but Brunell right now does give us the best chance to win some games. I say if Brunelll continues to struggle after the Philly game then yes put Jason in there. You will be saying officially I am giving up on the season.

The Cowboys managed to switch from an old QB who wasn't getting it done without giving up on the season. Why can't we? It's not like Brunell's going to win us many games, anyways, the defense isn't good enough to support his style of play this year.

Hey do not get me wrong I want to see Jason in there as well like the rest of you guys .. I just do not believe he will be our savior as some may think. Like I said in another response to this thread I believe this team is still trying to win some games and savage a season that has been a big disaappointment. I say wait until after the Dallas and Philly game and if Brunell continues to struggle then yes put Campbell in there let him get some experience.

No, definitely not a saviour. I just understand that Brunell is donecakes and the team is not good enough to carry him like last year. Look, I like Brunell, been a fan of his a long time but at this point in his career, he needs perfect protection, 04's defense and a consistenly dominant running game. I don't see this team pulling that off.

it's amazing how many more games you can win when your defense starts tackling people and actually holdson 3rd and long.......

And it's amazing how many more games you win when the defense doesn't have to go out there, on short rest, after 4 consecutive 3 and outs from super smart. It's a team game, the fact that the defense is bad (which is obvious and no one is debating) doesn't mean Brunell's playing well. Call on the stats all you like, all you have to do is watch another QB play, almost any other QB, to realize how ineffective Brunell has been and how many plays he leaves unmade on the field. Again, why bother with the guy who's at the end when the defense is no good. NO ONE'S IGNORING THE DEFENSE. THE FACT THAT THE DEFENSE SUCKS IS MORE, NOT LESS, REASON TO MOVE ON AND START JASON!!!

In order for Brunell to be good, the following has to happen...

1) World class defense from 04 season and part of 05 season

2) Excellent o-line play all day!

3) Great running game with 100-150 yards plus from Portis

4) Great plays from Moss and Cooley and B-Lloyd

5) Special Teams production from ARE

6) At least 1 or 2 turnovers

7) Penalties and mistakes from the opponent (like roughing the passer etc...)

And all of this usually equates to a win. With Brunell, he can't run out of the pocket and make something of nothing....and if the team needs him to carry them when something isn't clicking, it doesn't happen from him! And save the stats! They are too mis-leading.

You're exactly right. Gibbs has always like the smart, not amazing QB with a smart, physical and dominant team around him. Unfortunately, this ain't no Hogs O-line and it ain't no Richie Pettibone defense.

The Junks are decent guys and Governor Ehrlich listens to them and comes on their show. Like or dislike Governor Ehrlich you don't hear any other politicians going on these kind of shows.

:laugh: Are you kidding? Since when would a politician pass up a chance to get no partisan based exposure that relates him to his populace without even having to address any issues? Politicians do this ALL the time. For example, George Allen is on the John Riggins show every week. Who woulda thunk it, a politician agrees to come on the radio a week before elections, wow, what a class guy that makes him :laugh:

(disclaimer: That has nothing to do with Ehrlich or partisanship. I just thought it was hilarious to suggest ANY politician would turn down radio time right before elections)

It's not like the Junks were the ones who said it was a mortal lock...They said their "source" said it was almost certain! In fact they said it could be total BS but that they would try to get the person on the air right around now to confirm the story! Don't know who or in what position the "source" is in to report this kind of information but who doesn't love a little scandal and mystery in the Nation's Capital!

I agree we need to see what we have in the kid Campbell but I still believe this team is trying to win games and take it for what it's worth you do not have to like it but Brunell right now does give us the best chance to win some games. I say if Brunelll continues to struggle after the Philly game then yes put Jason in there. You will be saying officially I am giving up on the season.

By saying "continues to struggle" you are admitting that Brunell is struggling. How does a struggling QB give you the "best chance to win"? The unknown that is JC works both ways, he could be great, he could "struggle". But you've already admitted that MB is struggling. So I don't see how one struggler could be better than another struggler with potential?

I'm so sick of hearing the "MB gives us the best chance to win" I've heard it for 7 weeks and we're 2-5. Not buying it anymore.

BigRay, this isn't entire directed toward you. Just used your quote.

It's not like the Junks were the ones who said it was a mortal lock...They said their "source" said it was almost certain! In fact they said it could be total BS but that they would try to get the person on the air right around now to confirm the story! Don't know who or in what position the "source" is in to report this kind of information but who doesn't love a little scandal and mystery in the Nation's Capital!

My gut feeling is it is just an awful rumor that got all of us excited.

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Dude, these kids keep gettin' straight up slayed yo'...

Couldn't have said it better myself...

There is no rebuttal for that, none...

How about looking at the demeanor of the WHOLE team on the field? How many times have you seen Moss, Lloyd and the rest of the skill players on offense shaking their heads after an ill-advised pass or lack thereof? When more than one player gets frustrated it becomes a chain reaction and the whole team becomes affected.

Putting JC in will be the shot in the arm that this team needs and it will energize the team and fans. Yes, our defense has stunk it up, but let's see how they play with a complete unit.

There's your rebuttal "YO"

How about looking at the demeanor of the WHOLE team on the field? How many times have you seen Moss, Lloyd and the rest of the skill players on offense shaking their heads after an ill-advised pass or lack thereof? When more than one player gets frustrated it becomes a chain reaction and the whole team becomes affected.

Putting JC in will be the shot in the arm that this team needs and it will energize the team and fans. Yes, our defense has stunk it up, but let's see how they play with a complete unit.

There's your rebuttal "YO"

It also sends a message to the rest of the team that produce or you will sit.

We have a lot of problems on this team - however the two easily fixable are benching Brunell and Holdman.

By saying "continues to struggle" you are admitting that Brunell is struggling. How does a struggling QB give you the "best chance to win"? The unknown that is JC works both ways, he could be great, he could "struggle". But you've already admitted that MB is struggling. So I don't see how one struggler could be better than another struggler with potential?

I'm so sick of hearing the "MB gives us the best chance to win" I've heard it for 7 weeks and we're 2-5. Not buying it anymore.

BigRay, this isn't entire directed toward you. Just used your quote.

Yes, I know he is struggling but he is not completely the problem as some of you guys making him out to be . No one wants talk about the real eye sore a defense that continues to be on the field way too long can't get off the field on third downs . A defense that allow a team like the Jaguars to score 30 points on you when the same Jaguar team could only muster up 7 points against one of the weakest defenses in the league you have in the Texans.

So you're saying putting Jason in there we are automatically going to start winning games if you believe that I have a couple bridges I would like to sell you.

Archived