Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Listen to the Junkies this Morning?

B&GPride44

It won't improve the defense? I disagree, I think any positive change at QB will greatly effect the rest of the team. For instance, if you sustain Off. drives, then you don't have to have your D on the field all day.

Our D's problem isn't that their constantly on the field. The get beaten quickly as well as slowly. Giving up huge pass plays isn't because they're tired. Letting teams do whatever they want all-day isn't because they're tired. They give up drives early in the game, late in the game... doesn't matter. They have already eclipsed over last season the total amount of opening drives where they have let the opposition score. That isn't because they're tired.

I'm skeptical. Not only because the Junks never went back to the story but also because we are playing the Cowboys on Sunday. It doesn't sound like Joe gibbs to start a QB with not even one NFL minute of playing time against the Redskins' main rival.

Jason Campbell MIGHT be good for the team this season or next, but not for this sunday at 1pm.

The Junkies have never claimed to be journalists--they're entertainers...and they're barely that. But, I enjoy their work. They referenced the rumor briefly before going off the air, only saying that it's validity is somewhat dubious. My take is that the fact that Jeff Fisher got one over on the media with the V. young first start has them on their heels and they've overly paranoid about it happening again.

Our D's problem isn't that their constantly on the field. The get beaten quickly as well as slowly. Giving up huge pass plays isn't because they're tired. Letting teams do whatever they want all-day isn't because they're tired. They give up drives early in the game, late in the game... doesn't matter. They have already eclipsed over last season the total amount of opening drives where they have let the opposition score. That isn't because they're tired.

I dont think that anyone is disagreeing that the D is our main problem. But you only took one of my reasons why Campbell could help us win. For instance if we need to "keep up" with teams, are you confident in Brunell leading us to a win in a shootout?

I tend to believe Joe Gibbs more than junkies, and he stated this week that the QB rotation would not change. That being said, if Gibbs is keeping this secret to throw off the brokebacks, than that is even better! Imagine how surprised the Cowboys D would be if all of sudden JC comes out on the field. Don't you think they would have to adjust to him versus Brunell? I will be at the game and I will cheer whoever is playing QB, but I am sure I might cheer a little louder if it is JC. It is like being married, you get used to your wife after a while, but strange a** every now and then really gets your blood flowing! I think this team is ready for some strange a**!

Yes, I know he is struggling but he is not completely the problem as some of you guys making him out to be . No one wants talk about the real eye sore a defense that continues to be on the field way too long can't get off the field on third downs . A defense that allow a team like the Jaguars to score 30 points on you when the same Jaguar team could only muster up 7 points against one of the weakest defenses in the league you have in the Texans.

So you're saying putting Jason in there we are automatically going to start winning games if you believe that I have a couple bridges I would like to sell you.

No way, JC will not AUTOMATICALLY win games, but neither will Brunell.

You've admitted that Brunell is a problem, so why not make a change there? If we could change the defense, I'd be all for it at this point, but we can't because we don't have the replacements. You fix the broken parts as you can, but you don't leave one broken part in just because you don't have replacements for all of them.

it's amazing how many more games you can win when your defense starts tackling people and actually holdson 3rd and long.......

Someone should have pointed that out to Gibbs during the off season when he was making all his super-smart free agency signings.

No way, JC will not AUTOMATICALLY win games, but neither will Brunell.

You've admitted that Brunell is a problem, so why not make a change there? If we could change the defense, I'd be all for it at this point, but we can't because we don't have the replacements. You fix the broken parts as you can, but you don't leave one broken part in just because you don't have replacements for all of them.

The only problem with that hearing the team talk they still believe they can win some games and savage a disappointing season that is why they are probably not ready to put JC in there . Secondly this team spent too much time searching for an identity that they are already had they are a smash mouth football team get back to it. They are not what they been trying to experiement with the 3 or 4 receivers set and throwing the ball that is not them they are a running team. Get back to that and maybe Brunell will be more productive.

I tend to believe Joe Gibbs more than junkies, and he stated this week that the QB rotation would not change. That being said, if Gibbs is keeping this secret to throw off the brokebacks, than that is even better! Imagine how surprised the Cowboys D would be if all of sudden JC comes out on the field. Don't you think they would have to adjust to him versus Brunell? I will be at the game and I will cheer whoever is playing QB, but I am sure I might cheer a little louder if it is JC. It is like being married, you get used to your wife after a while, but strange a** every now and then really gets your blood flowing! I think this team is ready for some strange a**!

Did you consider that that injury might keep him out

Bwahahahahahahaha!

Dude, these kids keep gettin' straight up slayed yo'...

Couldn't have said it better myself...

There is no rebuttal for that, none...

HTTR

It goes boths ways dude. If the offense could convert a few 3rd downs, the defense wouldn't have to be on the field as long. We have run the 5th fewest number of offensive plays in the league this year. What does that tell you? It tells me that our offense isn't doing their part...

No rebuttal? I think I just gave you one. Keep slapping each other on the back though.

The only problem with that hearing the team talk they still believe they can win some games and savage a disappointing season that is why they are probably not ready to put JC in there . Secondly this team spent too much time searching for an identity that they are already had they are a smash mouth football team get back to it. They are not what they been trying to experiement with the 3 or 4 receivers set and throwing the ball that is not them they are a running team. Get back to that and maybe Brunell will be more productive.

1. The players are doing an excellent job of running Joe Gibbs' off the field game plan, which is never to say anything negative. I'm glad they're doing it, but if you believe that the WR's are happy that they don't get the ball, especially after seeing the Colts game, then "I've got a bridge to sell you".

2. They aren't running successfully because Brunell's deficiencies are SO glaring. Go back and watch the Colts game. Dungy told you he was going to do it.....he said "MB misses open receivers downfield". So they played the percentages and stacked the box, knowing that MB would not throw downfield, thus effectively stopping our ability to be "smash mouth".

Sometimes you need to look below the surface, and it is OK to question what you're seeing and hearing.

Archived