Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone Listen to the Junkies this Morning?

B&GPride44

The Junks are decent guys and Governor Ehrlich listens to them and comes on their show. Like or dislike Governor Ehrlich you don't hear any other politicians going on these kind of shows.

I like the Junkies. I used to listen to them a lot until I got satellite.

But I find it really hard to believe that Cerrato is feeding inside info to them.

How come we haven't seen the media packet for this week's game?

Because it's a conspiracy. :laugh: Art, OM, and crew already know this and are keeping it a secret. :doh: Let's try not to let ourselves get all worked up over "the junkies" and make something out of nothing. I am sure who is playing QB this Sunday has nothing to do with the fact that we have not yet seen the media guide. Then again???? Things that make you go hmmmmm. :laugh:

It doesn't matter if Campbell is in there or not the results will still be the same if you have a defense that can't stop anyone.

Not so fast. If Campbell is able to stretch the defense then we run with more success and the offense stays on the field longer.... translation, our defense is more rested and more effective.

Not so fast. If Campbell is able to stretch the defense then we run with more success and the offense stays on the field longer.... translation, our defense is more rested and more effective.

Shhh.....don't bring logic into it. There is absolutely no correlation between our offense staying on the field and our defense staying fresh. ;)

I see what you're saying but do you really believe Campbell will be the savior ?

I just don't understand why this comment is constantly being made. So anyone that wants Campbell to start is looking for a savior? How about just wanting to see if we need to spend next years draft pick on a QB? How about adding a little excitement to the game, or providing a spark for the team? While technically not out of it, I don't see an underperforming defense and an offense that does them no favors getting us to the playoffs. The team is playing with absolutely no energy right now, and at least from what I see the team is looking frustrated. If we're going to lose anyway, let's get some value out of these games by finding out what we have that works... Not continually displaying what doesn't work.

Our D's problem isn't that their constantly on the field. The get beaten quickly as well as slowly. Giving up huge pass plays isn't because they're tired. Letting teams do whatever they want all-day isn't because they're tired. They give up drives early in the game, late in the game... doesn't matter. They have already eclipsed over last season the total amount of opening drives where they have let the opposition score. That isn't because they're tired.

So the defense is a problem. Is it the only problem? No. If the defense is a problem area then the less they are on the field the better, tired or not. The defense has carried this team for the last 2 seasons. Sooner or later the offense has to step up and play better. This starts with the coaches and Mark Brunell. Barring additional injuries, I can almost guarantee you that Greg Williams will have the defense playing better. Can anyone say the same thing about the offense with Mark Brunell at the helm trying to run an Al Saunders system? No.

If Campbell starts, we don't have a chance.

Don't get me wrong; I want Jason to start, but we just need to be prepared for growing pains. Significant growing pains. Campbell would struggle a lot against Dallas and their 3-4. Brunell isn't going to do good either, so I think we might as well play Jason. However, if anyone thinks he'd come in and play like Romo sits to pee did, they're very likely wrong. What Romo sits to pee did is extremely rare in the NFL and the odds of Campbell doing it are slim and none.

I just think we need to prepare ourselves for a very poor outing if he starts this week.

I hope we do start Jason though. The sooner we do, the sooner we can get on with the future of the franchise. Still, it won't be smooth in any event. Brunell though, is holding us back. We have way more talent than our record indicates and the biggest reason for that is because of Brunell in large part, and our defense to a smaller degree.

From Washington Post.com live Redskins chat today...

Centreville, Va.: Hey Howard, thanks for taking the time for us fans. I heard on a radio show this morning that a source within Redskins Park is reporting that Jason Campbell is a "virtual lock" to start Sunday against the Cowboys. Have you heard anything about this and whether or not it may be true?

Howard Bryant: Joe Gibbs has told us all week that it is business as usual at the QB spot.

Archived