Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final Fantasy Games

WVUforREDSKINS

The Starland in Annandale is at the Bradlick (Junction of Backlick and Braddock) Shopping Center. There's also one in Centreville, near McKay's Used Books.

I actually only have handheld gaming systems: GBA SP, DS Lite, GBA micro (severely underated!), and PSP.

I'm currently playing through FFI&II Dawn of Souls on my micro, and have FFIV waiting in the wings. FFIII is coming out soon for the DS, and looks pretty sweet.

on their website, i read that only one in NOVA that is still open is the anndale one, the other two are closed.

FF X was my first intro into RPG's...since Kingdom Hearts doesn't really qualify for a lot of people. I played FF X-2, but that was a let down.

I can't wait for FFXII..which is supposed to be the last FF for the PS2. I heard future FF's are only going to be available on the XBOX 360.

I have finished Xenosaga, Fable, Jade Empire, and a few other lesser RPG's since then. Did anyone play (and like Xenosaga II)?

As I suspected I am the only one who didn't think that final fantasy VII wasn't all that great. It was good, but I think X and VI were much better.

Maybe its because I played it so late and the graphics just suck compared to X and X-2.

tsk tsk...come on now. You can't really compare a game that was released close to ten years ago on the playstation to ones that are only a couple years old on PS2. Of course there's gonna be a dramatic difference in graphics. There's a lot more to games than graphics though, I can tell you that. For it's time FFVII had outstanding graphics, it was the first 3D FF game ever

FF X was my first intro into RPG's...since Kingdom Hearts doesn't really qualify for a lot of people. I played FF X-2, but that was a let down.

I can't wait for FFXII..which is supposed to be the last FF for the PS2. I heard future FF's are only going to be available on the XBOX 360.

I have finished Xenosaga, Fable, Jade Empire, and a few other lesser RPG's since then. Did anyone play (and like Xenosaga II)?

Change that to Playstation 3. Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy vs. XIII are already announced for it.

I have finished the whole xenosaga series and boy the 3rd was the best. The 1st one was great too but the 2nd oh man what a stinker.

Change that to Playstation 3. Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy vs. XIII are already announced for it.

I have finished the whole xenosaga series and boy the 3rd was the best. The 1st one was great too but the 2nd oh man what a stinker.

Can you give me some details on the 3rd? I played the first and thought it was pretty good despite the DRAGGED OUT dialogue, and didn't even bother with the 2nd.

Can you give me some details on the 3rd? I played the first and thought it was pretty good despite the DRAGGED OUT dialogue, and didn't even bother with the 2nd.

The 2nd xenosaga had a broken battle system. The 3rd one took the best of the first and 2nd and created an awesome battle system.

The story is finally fleshed out and doesn't drag on except maybe in a couple areas (such as the beginning). Just think of a better first one and this is what you got. Don't even worry about the 2nd as this has a whole database to explain what happened in the 2nd one. Once you beat the game you get a New game+ and can read up what happened to some characters after the conclusion.

Hope that helps.

The Starland in Annandale is at the Bradlick (Junction of Backlick and Braddock) Shopping Center. There's also one in Centreville, near McKay's Used Books.

I knew about Starland being closed, but I try to go to McKay's last may, and it's close too :doh:. I still have credit there too. I was pissed to say the least.

If there's ever a Final Fantasy that deserve a true remake (more along the lines of what is being thrown around with Final Fantasy VII on ps3) it's Final Fantasy 2(IV). That game one of the best stories and it had characters dying left and right. Put it this way, when Aerith went down in VII, and when the upper city fell on the slums in FVII, the games graphics helped the player get an understanding of how heavy that event was. In the SNES games like, IV and VI, people died left and right but you didn't get a full understanding of what really happened. I mean they tried to convey with puppet-like sprites and it did help a little but imagine what they could do with a 360's or ps3's graphic engine.

i have no idea why people like ffx so much i thought the story was terrible the graphics were good but i could care less for grahphics for rpg's. I believe it was the worst ff other then x-2. The story was so repetitive and hardly any changes in the plot and hardly any twists. I believe games like ff iv,vi, vii and crono trigger were WAY better then ffx

of all the games, which one do you guys think had the hardest boss, any Squaresoft game I mean.

I havent played any PS2 games, but I think FF Tactics and Xenogears had some annoyingly hard bosses. FF6, 7, and 9 were pretty easy imo (FF7, just get Knights of the Round, you are set).

The hardest Boss I faced was in FFX-2 in the desert with the Al Bhed and I had just found all of the little Cacti. I can't remember the name of the Boss.

Edit: I looked it up cuz it was driving me crazy. The boss was called Angra Mainyu and it had two arms with the names Tawrich and Zarich. Over 333,000 HP. That was the hardest boss I ever beat.

Some of the Bosses you could optionally fight in the Monster Arena of the Calm Lands in FFX were impossible....at least I was never able to beat lots of them.

For some reason, I recall you posting this in the last FF thread (which was ages ago)

Did you ever finish it?

yes i did post it before..and no, i haven't played since then... I moved over the summer and don't know if I have everything to connect my snes to my tv. I miss playing and I could still never get past a certain part...but talking about it makes me want to start all over again. I love Cecil and Kane :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... interesting to see what everyone else likes. I used to be a huge Final Fantasy fan but I'm not as big a fan as I used to be.

My Top 3

Final Fantasy IV-The characters were the most memorable to me and beat that game more times than I can remeber.

Final Fantasy X-This is the game that got me to really like the series again. The story was something new and very interesting. I liked the battle system.

Final Fantasy VI-Awesome games, great characters. It sorta of tailed off at the end. If the World Ruin part of the game was a good as the World of Balance it would probably be my favorite.

My bottom 3

Final Fantasy VII-The most disappointed FF game I ever played. The battle system was dumbed down. The story was full of holes. Outside of their limit breaks, characters had no individuality when it came to battle.

Final Fantasy VIII-By far the worse game in the series in my opinion, it is the only game in the series that I just put down after a few hours in pure disgust.

Final Fantasy X-2-I hate this game with a passion. It took the characters from one of my favorite games in the series and ruined them. The gameplay was excellent but it couldn't offset horrible story. Was this supposed to be a Charlies Angel RPG? 50 hours of gameplay and you still never find out what happened to Tidus. How Square-Enix could let this game get published is beyond me.

As for Final Fantasy XII, I have only played it a couple of hours so I can't say how I will end up feeling about it. So far the story to the game is stellar. The battle system take some getting used to. For anyone that dislikes the battle system, here are a few types. Go to the Config menu and turn the battle speed to maximum and switch it from Wait to Active. It makes the battles flow more smoothly.

Archived