Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Final Fantasy Games

WVUforREDSKINS

My opinion on 12 has probably been mentioned in this thread before but I honestly felt that the game just fell short on character development. I didn't care about Vaan or princess. The only character i really gave a damn about was Balthier and they summed him up in one town. The battle system (while different) was quite flawless. I wound up sinking 100+ hours into that game just going around and trying new macros. Hopefully 13 gets it right....tis' a shame they don't have Nobuo Uematsu doing the music though.

My opinion on 12 has probably been mentioned in this thread before but I honestly felt that the game just fell short on character development. I didn't care about Vaan or princess. The only character i really gave a damn about was Balthier and they summed him up in one town. The battle system (while different) was quite flawless. I wound up sinking 100+ hours into that game just going around and trying new macros. Hopefully 13 gets it right....tis' a shame they don't have Nobuo Uematsu doing the music though.

The problem with the story of 12 is that they just blatantly ripped of Star Wars to fill in a lot of the blanks.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one upset about Vaan and the Princess. Imo the best characters in the game development wise were Balthier and Basch. Pity they had such a weak cast.............well Fran was ok as a sidekick to Balthier but that's about it.

FF 12 is a great idea gone horribly wrong. I play RPGs for the somewhat good story where FF 12 fails at miserably. It's like a bad Square made game about Star Wars. Don't get me wrong it had its good parts like the Hunts and I loved the battle system. Seriously Vaan is my most hated main character in all of the Final Fantasies, Balthier really should have been the leading man.:2cents:

Which is funny, because Balthier is probably the weakest fighter of the bunch.

I'm surprised about people busting on the battle system, because I thought it worked quite well. It certainly speeds up combat, particularly if you have an overwhelming advantage.

Jason

People like Balthier and Basch because unlike Vaan those guys actually got some real character development. Vaan was just there, heck I liked his brother in the very beginning of the game more than him...................he was that bad.

Archived