Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm NO Longer a Skins Fan!! This is my last Thread!!

LightenupSandyBaby

As I read through my thread, and saw all the different responses...I wanted to respond accordingly. First, i want to THANK ALL THE CLASSSY FANS THAT WERE UNDERSTANDING OF MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE. As for the negative and harsh fans, I fully understand and respect your remarks. I want to elaborate on some assumptions made....Firstly after 34 years of rooting for the Burgundy and Gold I will never be able to just pick up another NFL team, and call it my own. I would rather enjoy football playing Fantasy, and rooting for individual players on my roster. Free Agency has screwed up the game in my opinion. Most of the young posters will never know how it feels to cheer on a new rookie player and watch his entire career wearing the Burgudy and Gold. (My example Darrel Green) I have come to the realization that with Snyder as team owner...I will never witness this again! Eventhough Snyder is what's BEST for today's NFL...It's simply not my cup of tea. The LOST on Sunday was extremely disgusting considering Gibbs was coaching on the sidelines. I want to remember Gibbs for the Glory Years i witnessed and enjoyed through my youth. I simply can't stomach and subject myself to anymore Sundays hoping that the Gibbs Magic will return. Listening to his responses after the game is even more dis-heartening than watching a rookie QB tear our defense apart. In conclusion, I truly hope the Redskins turn things around, but I won't bet my life savings on it. :(:(:(

As I read through my thread, and saw all the different responses...I wanted to respond accordingly. First, i want to THANK ALL THE CLASSSY FANS THAT WERE UNDERSTANDING OF MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE. As for the negative and harsh fans, I fully understand and respect your remarks. I want to elaborate on some assumptions made....Firstly after 34 years of rooting for the Burgundy and Gold I will never be able to just pick up another NFL team, and call it my own. I would rather enjoy football playing Fantasy, and rooting for individual players on my roster. Free Agency has screwed up the game in my opinion. Most of the young posters will never know how it feels to cheer on a new rookie player and watch his entire career wearing the Burgudy and Gold. (My example Darrel Green) I have come to the realization that with Snyder as team owner...I will never witness this again! Eventhough Snyder is what's BEST for today's NFL...It's simply not my cup of tea. The LOST on Sunday was extremely disgusting considering Gibbs was coaching on the sidelines. I want to remember Gibbs for the Glory Years i witnessed and enjoyed through my youth. I simply can't stomach and subject myself to anymore Sundays hoping that the Gibbs Magic will return. Listening to his responses after the game is even more dis-heartening than watching a rookie QB tear our defense apart. In conclusion, I truly hope the Redskins turn things around, but I won't bet my life savings on it. :(:(:(

Sounds like the thoughts of a true fan. From that post I know that regardless of what your brain may say, your heart will always pump the burgundy and gold. If this really is goodbye, then I wish you all of the luck in the world and I'm truly sorry to see you go. I've a feeling that you'll be back, though, and when you are, my arms will be open. Hail.

I understand the frustration. That comes with being a diehard fan of whatever sports team one may be a fan of.

Being a fan of the Skins has been a roller coaster ride for us old timers. I started when Otto Graham was coach in 1966 and the team was poor to mediocre. Lombardi brought me my FIRST winning season as a Redskins fan and then we went bad again until George Allen brought sustained winning to the franchise until Cooke fired him because he was not winning enough. So then Pardee made us into a losing team for a few years. The ride with Joe Gibbs was awesome but when he retired, the Skins winning ways also disappeared. Obviously, the magic still has not returned.

If you are only going to be a fan when your team wins, then you are nothing more than a fare weather fan jumping on the bandwagon. Just consider what it must be like to be a fan of the Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders, Detroit Lions, etc. Many teams have done far worse than us.

But don't expect to go thru life without disappointments...it will never happen.....sports team or no sports team......

When the going gets tuff the tuff get going....you are not tuff enough to be a fan of this team.....so get going.:2cents:

Football fans are determined by birthplace or family in most instances. The Redskins are the only team i would ever consider cheering for. Whether they suck or are great they are the team that represents the city I am from, and get my full support whether they have earned it or not.

Jumping ship is a weak move. Think of all the other team's fans that had to endure much worse. How many years did the Red Sox go without a World Series win? You gotta stick with it, you will be rewarded eventually for your patience with an NFL title.

If this guy meant what he said, he wouldn't have hung around to see the 150 plus posts...my bet is he'll be back at some point, sooner rather than later, and start a post about how he over reacted out of mere frustration...

If he's been a fan as long as he said, you don't live thru the Norv years, the Spurrier years, then jump ship once Gibbs is back, a year after a playoff victory.

This team could go 2-14 and still make the playoffs next season...look at the Saints...thats how the NFL is...it was just 2004 that the Bears were 5-11...

Here is a fact...EVERY team in the NFL is exactly 1 year away from a possible Super Bowl Championship...yes, that includes the Texans, Cardinals, Raiders, etc. ANy one of them could be Super Bowl 42 Champions...the Bears, the Colts...they could be 4-12 next year...thats the world we live in...and if you are a football fan, you had better gwet used to it.

You are over reacting due to frustration. It is very hard to keep on supporting a team that has a loosing record, but that makes a fan a true one in my opinion.

Take a rest and after a while the spirit will be back.

Keep on hailing

Thanks for the Memories Redskins, but I have officially jumped SHIP for Good! I never thought this day would ever come...It's heart breaking considering the Skins was the only NFL team I ever rooted for. Thirty four years of watching, cheering, trash talking to Cowgirl fans, are officially in the past. After that pathetic game against the Titans...I can't subject myself to another thrashing by another team. I ripped up and threw away my Sean Taylor jersey yesterday, and I will never walk into another redskin store again! I'm sure there will be many people criticizing my decision, but at this point I have to be truthful to myself. Yesterdays lost was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm frick'n done! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:ciao: oh, and don't come back

not a big loss, he obviously wasn't much of a "fan" to begin with

go root for Dallas, they like fair weather fans :jerk:

The RESPONSES are negative???? Nobody is asking you to "bet your life savings on the Skins turning it around." It's a game, and sticking with a team throughout thick (real thick) and thin reeps the greatest rewards when it's all said and done. If you truely hope we turn it around, why not stick with it? This isn't as serious as a marriage, where things are bad for a long stretch and you get divorced. It's a game, and you don't even play it. Stop letting it dictate your lifestyle. Stick with the Skins, and when we finally start to win, you'll feel even that much better that you stuck through the sad times. The hangover from last year's storybook season has the whole fanbase saddened. You think you're the only one??? I'm upset, Dan Snyder's upset, the homeless guy down the street has only three worries in this world -- food, alcohol, and the Skins. But your ass has to be the one that needs his ba ba. If we somehow got to the playoffs this year, would you shamelessly jump back on the bandwaggon you rode for 30+ years? Or would you stick to your fantasy leagues where no logo is in your heart? No color scheme bleeds from your veins? Only names and numbers rule your Sundays. Well, if that's the case, it's (truely) good ridance. If not, then your change of heart is welcome in my eyes. :(

That's pathetic...it really is.

If it was a 15-year old kid (no offense to our younger guys) who has never really experienced a good team, I could somewhat see where he was coming from. Someone who has been a fan of 5 Super Bowl teams (including 3 SB championships) jumping ship after a 2-4 start is ridiculous.

You've been lucky enough to pull for a team that's been to the top of the mountain several times...there are many fans that don't get that.

I assume I'm wasting my time...but I just figured I'd use this joker's thread to reaffirm that I'm never going anywhere. I've been a fan for 24 years and I'll be one for as long as I'm alive.

:applause: :applause: I agree maybe just maybe he was never a fan to start with. We do not need this I have been through the good and bad and I'm still with this team yes it is bad but it is not as bad as say Oakland you know what I mean?

As I read through my thread, and saw all the different responses...I wanted to respond accordingly. First, i want to THANK ALL THE CLASSSY FANS THAT WERE UNDERSTANDING OF MY EMOTIONAL RESPONSE. As for the negative and harsh fans, I fully understand and respect your remarks. I want to elaborate on some assumptions made....Firstly after 34 years of rooting for the Burgundy and Gold I will never be able to just pick up another NFL team, and call it my own. I would rather enjoy football playing Fantasy, and rooting for individual players on my roster. Free Agency has screwed up the game in my opinion. Most of the young posters will never know how it feels to cheer on a new rookie player and watch his entire career wearing the Burgudy and Gold. (My example Darrel Green) I have come to the realization that with Snyder as team owner...I will never witness this again! Eventhough Snyder is what's BEST for today's NFL...It's simply not my cup of tea. The LOST on Sunday was extremely disgusting considering Gibbs was coaching on the sidelines. I want to remember Gibbs for the Glory Years i witnessed and enjoyed through my youth. I simply can't stomach and subject myself to anymore Sundays hoping that the Gibbs Magic will return. Listening to his responses after the game is even more dis-heartening than watching a rookie QB tear our defense apart. In conclusion, I truly hope the Redskins turn things around, but I won't bet my life savings on it. :( :( :(

Well you have to do what you have to do I am not going to knock for you that but by any chances that they start to get rolling you know what type of response you're going to get back from everyone.

I have family Cincy look what they have gone through for years and years they never stop rooting for the Bengals.. I just question your loyality to this team sound like to me you were never really a fan.

Thanks for the Memories Redskins, but I have officially jumped SHIP for Good! I never thought this day would ever come...It's heart breaking considering the Skins was the only NFL team I ever rooted for. Thirty four years of watching, cheering, trash talking to Cowgirl fans, are officially in the past. After that pathetic game against the Titans...I can't subject myself to another thrashing by another team. I ripped up and threw away my Sean Taylor jersey yesterday, and I will never walk into another redskin store again! I'm sure there will be many people criticizing my decision, but at this point I have to be truthful to myself. Yesterdays lost was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm frick'n done! :mad: :mad: :mad:

wish you would have given me your ST jersey

As a DIE HARD Redskins fan since I could make up my own mind (unlike most cowgirls fans), that was born and raised in Texas; BE GONE WITH YOU!!!

Live in Texas as a 'Skins fan, then you'll know what being talked trash to is all about!!!

:moon:

Live in DALLAS and be a SKINS fan. THAT is a test no one should have to take. But, I love my team and would never want to be known as any other kind of fan.

Football fans are determined by birthplace or family in most instances. The Redskins are the only team i would ever consider cheering for. Whether they suck or are great they are the team that represents the city I am from, and get my full support whether they have earned it or not.

Jumping ship is a weak move. Think of all the other team's fans that had to endure much worse. How many years did the Red Sox go without a World Series win? You gotta stick with it, you will be rewarded eventually for your patience with an NFL title.

I was born in Texas. My dad was an Oilers fan. I am a SKINS fan by choice.....one made long long ago. I love this team. I really really do.

Blondie

Quote of the Day

"If you're going to be with us, be with us. Don't cheer one minute for the person, then boo him as soon as he has a couple of miscues or you feel like something's not going his way." - Santana Moss

:helmet:

Bingo! You can be disgusted with your team's performance and remain a fan. When that disgust is expressed with boos, you are no longer a fan. You are a common critic.

The people who fancy themselves as Redskin fans who booed Sunday were much more repulsive to me than the Redskins' performance.

Bingo! You can be disgusted with your team's performance and remain a fan. When that disgust is expressed with boos, you are no longer a fan. You are a common critic.

The people who fancy themselves as Redskin fans who booed Sunday were much more repulsive to me than the Redskins' performance.

I wouldn't boo them personally but the fans do have that right because they are putting out the money to go to these games they are unhappy with the product they put on there on the field. What hurt me more is posts like this one by the original creator saying that he is no longer fan which I strongly believe he wasn't really much of a fan from the start.

Wtf, did you just break up with a girl, you ripped up and threw away a 100.00 jersey? Grow up.. Glad your gone, one less ass clown out of the way.. Do us a favor.. DO NOT COME BACK!.

Archived