Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm NO Longer a Skins Fan!! This is my last Thread!!

LightenupSandyBaby

You need to dial it back a notch my friend.

I knew as soon as I hit "enter" I was wrong for being blunt.

Sorry to anyone offended and to the thread starter, but this is pathetic.

We are 2-4 for gods'sakes. This is OUR Redskins. I could never imagine jumping ship even if we never won a game again.

I've been a 'skins fan since the early 60's. Been thru all the good and bad times but never, ever have I considered jumping ship. A true fan never will. We all might get frustrated, but will never go so far as to change colors. Just do us all a favor and don't come back.:2cents:

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :point2sky

take some time off. these things always go in cycles (we just happen to be on a 14 to 15 year down cycle!). I understand exactly where you are coming from - though 40+ years of following the Skins have made it pretty much an ingrained habit. you'll be back and wishing you hadn't burned that jersey. *ell I spent $4500 on a huge widescreen one year cuz I thought the Skins were going places and $2k this year for season tickets. you roll the dice and live with what happens.

the tiger woods comment had me LMAO!

I guess I must be made of something different than some of these people.

I can NOT even IMAGINE giving up on this team........any year........any time........any record.

I just can not. EVER.

I live in Dallas......have to deal with the boys fans 365 days a year. Have to see that dang silver star in almost every store I enter.

And yet.........I cant imagine not having BURGUNDY AND GOLD in my life.

Do what you must.

Just means more room for me to spread out a bit......put my feet up.....and stay.

Blondie

I knew as soon as I hit "enter" I was wrong for being blunt.

Sorry to anyone offended and to the thread starter, but this is pathetic.

We are 2-4 for gods'sakes. This is OUR Redskins. I could never imagine jumping ship even if we never won a game again.

Nice job. :applause: This makes you a much bigger than some!!!;)

Although I'll always be a fan, I feel the guy's frustration. Those of you that pretend you've never questioned the time, money, and emotional commitment you invest in this team, something thats been rarely repaid in kind, well, I find that disengenuous.

Driving 6 hours each way, spending a ****load of money to take my son to the game, to see this team absolutely lay down at home to one of the worst teams in the league in what amounts to a 'must win' game....its gut-wrenchingly disappointing.

If you're not that personally involved in the team, fine, I can see how turning your TV on and off every Sunday isn't a biggie either way.

But I think there are more fans who feel at least some of what this guys expressing. Guess we're in stage 2 as fan's. Denial came first. Now we're angry.

Thanks for the Memories Redskins, but I have officially jumped SHIP for Good! I never thought this day would ever come...It's heart breaking considering the Skins was the only NFL team I ever rooted for. Thirty four years of watching, cheering, trash talking to Cowgirl fans, are officially in the past. After that pathetic game against the Titans...I can't subject myself to another thrashing by another team. I ripped up and threw away my Sean Taylor jersey yesterday, and I will never walk into another redskin store again! I'm sure there will be many people criticizing my decision, but at this point I have to be truthful to myself. Yesterdays lost was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm frick'n done! :mad: :mad: :mad:

movie.napoleon.dynamite.kip.jpg

Peace out...

I don't think you can call a 34-year fan a "fairweather fan". If it takes you 34 years to jump ship, you gotta have a good reason.

Snyderism has given us all reason to question our allegiance.

This isn't nowhere near as bad as the Norv and Spurrier years. As a Skins fan, if you can live through those two regimes, you can get through anything.

BTW, here's some new fan apparell for you Sandy...

escada%20layette%20pink%20dress%20full.jpg

It's not always easy being a fan. It can hurt like unrequited love. It can be the most frustrating experience that you voluntarily put yourself through.

The beauty of it all is that when the team that you've invested so much of your heart and soul into FINALLY turns it around, and Diron Talbert sacks Roger Staubach to seal the NFC championship, or Mark Mosely kicks a 48 yard field goal in a snowstorm to set the NFL record for consecutive FG's AND to win the NFC East, or John Riggins breaks Don McNeal's tackle on 4th and 1 and rumbles 43 yards to seal Super Bowl XVII, the joy is unbridled and almost primal, made more so from enduring the heartache and frustration. That's what being a fan is all about.

I haven't been this disgusted with the Skins in a long time, and there may be a point very soon where I say this season's over, but I'll never ever tear up a jersey or abandon a team I've loved since I can remember. True fans get pissed, but still love their team.

Although I'll always be a fan, I feel the guy's frustration. Those of you that pretend you've never questioned the time, money, and emotional commitment you invest in this team, something thats been rarely repaid in kind, well, I find that disengenuous.

Driving 6 hours each way, spending a ****load of money to take my son to the game, to see this team absolutely lay down at home to one of the worst teams in the league in what amounts to a 'must win' game....its gut-wrenchingly disappointing.

If you're not that personally involved in the team, fine, I can see how turning your TV on and off every Sunday isn't a biggie either way.

But I think there are more fans who feel at least some of what this guys expressing. Guess we're in stage 2 as fan's. Denial came first. Now we're angry.

i agree 100% here i havent spent a lot of money this year and im very glad i didnt , and i wont , im not gonna buy into the hype of named players coming in here and being duds joe gibbs has bought into that hype apparently and its not working ..... i will be a fan and i will watch but when they put a product on the field that deserves hard earned money spent on it , then i will spend ...until then im just a "cheap" fan ~

Hmmmmmm.

I do not see the fact that I won't ever give up as "disengenuous". I see it as being here.....no matter what. What can I do about the loses? Not a thing. Will it do me any good to rant and rave. NOPE. It is what it is. Right now it is crappy.....but I CAN'T CHANGE IT. So, I love this team. NO matter what.

I do get frustrated........but I don't feel the need go on and on about it.....nor do I feel the need to defend my true love for this team, and the fact that if they were to be 1-15 I would still be flying in to see them.

Blondie

I haven't been this disgusted with the Skins in a long time, and there may be a point very soon where I say this season's over, but I'll never ever tear up a jersey or abandon a team I've loved since I can remember. True fans get pissed, but still love their team.

Great quote :applause:

:point2sky HAIL TO THE REDSKINS :point2sky

:helmet: GO REDSKINS :helmet:

It's not always easy being a fan. It can hurt like unrequited love. It can be the most frustrating experience that you voluntarily put yourself through.

The beauty of it all is that when the team that you've invested so much of your heart and soul into FINALLY turns it around, and Diron Talbert sacks Roger Staubach to seal the NFC championship, or Mark Mosely kicks a 48 yard field goal in a snowstorm to set the NFL record for consecutive FG's AND to win the NFC East, or John Riggins breaks Don McNeal's tackle on 4th and 1 and rumbles 43 yards to seal Super Bowl XVII, the joy is unbridled and almost primal, made more so from enduring the heartache and frustration. That's what being a fan is all about.

I agree Dan....thats what I talked about with my son on the way home. Its hanging in all those years that makes the prize so sweet, if you're lucky enough to experience it.

Funny thing, on my way out Sunday on the ramps, I was behind two gray haired old ladies. They were moving slow, and I noticed each one of them had an original Super Bowl XXII seat cushion in their hand.

I wondered to myself if they'd live to see that kind of success again. I have my doubts, I hate to say it. But I had to admire them....still coming and hoping.

Thanks for the Memories Redskins, but I have officially jumped SHIP for Good! I never thought this day would ever come...It's heart breaking considering the Skins was the only NFL team I ever rooted for. Thirty four years of watching, cheering, trash talking to Cowgirl fans, are officially in the past. After that pathetic game against the Titans...I can't subject myself to another thrashing by another team. I ripped up and threw away my Sean Taylor jersey yesterday, and I will never walk into another redskin store again! I'm sure there will be many people criticizing my decision, but at this point I have to be truthful to myself. Yesterdays lost was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm frick'n done! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dont let the door hitcha.....and when whatever team you pull for next has a ****ty year....dont come crawling back here..........friggin traitor......:mad:

Hmmmmmm.

I do not see the fact that I won't ever give up as "disengenuous". I see it as being here.....no matter what. What can I do about the loses? Not a thing. Will it do me any good to rant and rave. NOPE. It is what it is. Right now it is crappy.....but I CAN'T CHANGE IT. So, I love this team. NO matter what.

I do get frustrated........but I don't feel the need go on and on about it.....nor do I feel the need to defend my true love for this team, and the fact that if they were to be 1-15 I would still be flying in to see them.

Blondie

You totally missed the point.

Why do people get SO pissed at a single poster, suggesting he can't take anymore? This isn't a bandwagon fan (assuming he's being honest about the time he's spent being a redskins fan).

Its called 'whistling past the graveyard'. I'm not speaking for you. But I sure as hell saw a LOT of fans, many of them booing their team right off the field, who are no more honorable than this guy, who apparently is hurting so bad he can't stomach it.

Its not the crime of the century. That performance Sunday might be a candidate though :)

Archived