Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm NO Longer a Skins Fan!! This is my last Thread!!

LightenupSandyBaby

The fact that the Redskins can make you so angry reflects that they can also make you happy... Either way, you're taking this crap waaaaaaay to seriously. I mean, find a nice woman or something....

haha i agree , get a woman damn it ....... wait ..... i need a woman ..........sunuva....

You obviously are not a true Redskins fan as a true fan sticks with the team through the bad and the good. The Cowboys would love to have you as they have many bandwagonners. When we get good make sure you don't jump back on the bandwaggon, because you are no longer welcome.

Thanks for the Memories Redskins, but I have officially jumped SHIP for Good! I never thought this day would ever come...It's heart breaking considering the Skins was the only NFL team I ever rooted for. Thirty four years of watching, cheering, trash talking to Cowgirl fans, are officially in the past. After that pathetic game against the Titans...I can't subject myself to another thrashing by another team. I ripped up and threw away my Sean Taylor jersey yesterday, and I will never walk into another redskin store again! I'm sure there will be many people criticizing my decision, but at this point I have to be truthful to myself. Yesterdays lost was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'm frick'n done! :mad: :mad: :mad:

dude you were never a real fan anyway then. what you going to do when your next team starts to suck? i'm guessing your going to choose a "GOOD" team now. it's just really pathetic of you. i think the fact that you've been a fan for 34 years makes it worse. why give up now? go have fun and i hope the skins beat your new found team. o and you should have given your sean taylor jersey to me. i could have put it to good use. you know because i'm an actual Redskin fan

I agree with SkinsHokies and Tarhog on this one. There's no need to pile on this guy. He obviously needs to step away and good for him for recognizing it. As for the comments about him never being a true fan......he said he's been a fan for 34 years. That's longer than I've been alive. You're not a casual observer after that many years.

I sympathize with your pain fella. I wish you the best. After all there are more important matters in life that need constant attention. If you feel this is an unnecessary burden, then once again I wish you nothing but the best.

What I find funny is how we have the supposed bandwagoners, then we have the crowd that isn't really bothered by it but wishes him the best, and then we have the physcotic fans who hate him.

There's no need to be a caveman about sports, fellas. As for the OP, cool off man.

I can sympathize with the pain, the frustration, ect. But the reaction described in the initial post I can't, won't, never will. That and if you're going to throw something like this out there in front of this many people, expect the kind of responses here. All of them.

I don't think you can call a 34-year fan a "fairweather fan". If it takes you 34 years to jump ship, you gotta have a good reason.

Snyderism has given us all reason to question our allegiance.

i guess if there was one thing that could change my rooting interest now that this is a topic is if the team ever had to change its name. because then you are no longer rooting for the redskins.

if the team moved.

if the team changed its name

or drastically changed its uniform.

those are the only 3 conditions i could see where i would consider changing allegiance.

i guess if there was one thing that could change my rooting interest now that this is a topic is if the team ever had to change its name. because then you are no longer rooting for the redskins.

if the team moved.

those are the only 3 conditions i could see where i would consider changing allegiance.

You'd consider changing over uniforms?

Uhhh..... ;)

I kind of wish they would go back to the old, old school uniforms with the spears on the helmets. Those were absolutely ****in'.

I can sympathize with the pain, the frustration, ect. But the reaction described in the initial post I can't, won't, never will. That and if you're going to throw something like this out there in front of this many people, expect the kind of responses here. All of them.

Expecting them is fine, doesn't mean some of these responses are appropriate or welcome. The only one telling anyone here to 'get out' should have 'staff' under their username.

if the team moved.

....just wondering...are you serious about the uniform change affecting your allegiance?

You totally missed the point.

Why do people get SO pissed at a single poster, suggesting he can't take anymore? This isn't a bandwagon fan (assuming he's being honest about the time he's spent being a redskins fan).

Its called 'whistling past the graveyard'. I'm not speaking for you. But I sure as hell saw a LOT of fans, many of them booing their team right off the field, who are no more honorable than this guy, who apparently is hurting so bad he can't stomach it.

Its not the crime of the century. That performance Sunday might be a candidate though :)

I reread my original post. I don't think I sounded pissed. I sounded blunt and to the point. I too saw those "booing" fans. I too saw the people leaving in droves. I too shook my head in disbelief.

I too stood in my place...until every player was off the field. I too fly in to as many games as I can per year....and spend stupid amounts of money.

I don't think this is a contest about who is the most loyal or the most disloyal. It is what it is and we are what we are. I am a REDSKIN fan. Period. With that, in my opinion, comes certain duties. This is MY opinion. MY way of being a fan. MY way of loving the SKINS.

I just can't imagine leaving this team. I just can't. Period. DO I hurt? Good lord yes. Am I almost in a daze about this loss? Yep.

So, I don't think I missed any point. He can leave, come, go, stay, or whatever. I have no opinion what so ever. I never said he was not a fan. I just said I didn't understand it.

And THAT is the truth.

Blondie

You'd consider changing over uniforms?

Uhhh..... ;)

I kind of wish they would go back to the old, old school uniforms with the spears on the helmets. Those were absolutely ****in'.

ewww those are kinda boring and look like a florida state cheap college uni ! ~( just my opinion

I watched last year's MNF showdown against the Cowboys in week 2 at a local bar in Dallas amidst all Dallas fans. I cheered loudly when we were playing well and mocked Brunell loudly when we were still scoreless in the second half. When Santana scored his second TD to win the game, it was one of the greatest feelings of exhiliration I can remember experiencing. I was going nuts in a roomful of heartbroken Cowboys fans.

If we had been a three time Superbowl champ between 2001 and 2004 like the Pats, I could never have been so psyched about one game, but I was. I know it's gonna be that much sweeter when we do win the big one. You get from this game what you put into it emotionally. If you can't handle the pain, you need to go into a stoic shell and stop letting every play affect your emotions. That's the only way to cope with a miserable season.

To quit though... dishonorable. Hopefully you come to your senses.

....just wondering...are you serious about the uniform change affecting your allegiance?

i dunno - wouldn't it be weird if one year they came rolling out on the field in blue and yellow uniforms. that would cause me to pause and say wait this isnt the team i rooted for all those years

You obviously are not a true Redskins fan as a true fan sticks with the team through the bad and the good. The Cowboys would love to have you as they have many bandwagonners. When we get good make sure you don't jump back on the bandwaggon, because you are no longer welcome.

I would have to disagree with you.

Two possibilities here:

1. You are venting and you will be back, even if you dont think so right now.

2. You're an ass. Especially since at 34 you have actually seen this team win 3 Superbowls. Think about the poor kids like me who have never known a skins team that wasnt mired in futility.

I hope its #1...

Archived