Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think people forget we were 5-6 after 11 games last year.....

NoCalMike

Last year, through 11 games, we weren't exactly lighting the league on fire with our offense. We were a lot like this years offense, INCONSISTENT. I mean don't get me wrong, I know everything isn't all rosy and fine, but I also remember feeling a lot worse at 5-6 last year, then I do right now at 2-3.

This is a new offense for our players, and one can only expect inconsistency for awhile. We have seen what this offense is capable of against a good Jags defense, but then last week against the Giants we also saw why it will take time to be able to put forth a consistent outcome every week. We have seen the stats from the Chiefs in their first year under Saunders.

Once this offense clicks, there isn't going to be any turning back. Kind of like last year when we ripped off a five game winning streak and were poised for a deep playoff push until Brunell got injured.

Lets remember that the first half of our schedule is a lot harder then the second half.

I seem to remember, despite a 5-6 record, every game was a tight close and well-played game, (with the exception of getting spanked by NY at NY). Every game the offense and defense were making plays. Against Denver, KC, San Diego, Tampa, etc, were all really close games that came down to one or two plays. This year, we're basically getting beaten in our losses without putting much of a fight.

Last year, through 11 games, we weren't exactly lighting the league on fire with our offense. We were a lot like this years offense, INCONSISTENT. I mean don't get me wrong, I know everything isn't all rosy and fine, but I also remember feeling a lot worse at 5-6 last year, then I do right now at 2-3.

This is a new offense for our players, and one can only expect inconsistency for awhile. We have seen what this offense is capable of against a good Jags defense, but then last week against the Giants we also saw why it will take time to be able to put forth a consistent outcome every week. We have seen the stats from the Chiefs in their first year under Saunders.

Once this offense clicks, there isn't going to be any turning back. Kind of like last year when we ripped off a five game winning streak and were poised for a deep playoff push until Brunell got injured.

Lets remember that the first half of our schedule is a lot harder then the second half.

I'm of the mind that our 5 game winning streak last year to get us into the playoffs was an illusion and gave a false sense of how good we were going into the off season.

3 of the wins during that streak were vs teams that were a mess.

We needed a kick off return for a TD to beat the Cardinals.

The Rams were using a 3rd string QB when we beat them and they were at that point in the season done.

In the Eagles win, they had injuires at many key positions, and we still almost found a way to lose that game.

Don't get me wrong, wins are wins, but even in the wins we looked bad on offense.

The playoffs were a more accurate picture of where we stood, stout defense with a flawed offense.

This year our defense isn't good enough to carry this team, so when our offense isn't clicking you can chalk it up as a loss.

I really can't gather any confidence from last year to use this year, things are just different.

I'm of the mind that our 5 game winning streak last year to get us into the playoffs was an illusion and gave a false sense of how good we were going inot the off season.

3 of the wins during that streak were vs teams that were a mess.

We needed a kick off return for a TD to beat the Cardinals.

The Rams were using a 3rd string QB when we beat them and they were at that point in the season done.

The Eagles win, they had injuires at many key positions, and we still almost found a way to lose that game.

Don't get me wrong, wins are wins, but even in the wins we looked bad on offense.

The playoffs were a more accurate picture of where we stood, stoud defense with a flawed offense.

This year out defense isn't good enough to carry this team, so when our offense isn't clicking you can chalk it up as a loss.

I really can't gather any confidence from last year to use this year, things are just different.

:notworthy :cool: :cool: :notworthy :notworthy

I seem to remember, despite a 5-6 record, every game was a tight close and well-played game, (with the exception of getting spanked by NY at NY). Every game the offense and defense were making plays. Against Denver, KC, San Diego, Tampa, etc, were all really close games that came down to one or two plays. This year, we're basically getting beaten in our losses without putting much of a fight.

i agree. a lot of it is the expectations skins fans had this year. to be honest, my expectations last year weren't too big. 2004 wasn't a great year and i was prepared for another disappointing year. and then they surprised us all. but this year was supposed to be something great. this year we weren't gonna be stopped. i'm not saying that we can't bounce back, cause we definitely can, but the disappointment is a lot bigger this year because of the hype everyone (the fans at least) gave the skins. if the team didn't look completely lost during our losses, then the fans would probably be more optimistic. but yea, still a lot of season left and anything can happen. GO SKINS!

Word!

:applause:

I don't forget, and if we are again this year I will be calling for JC to be in the games loud as hell.

That was last year, this is this year. All one can go on is what the team, and individual players, and Front Office, have shown.

We were 2 and 3 in 2004 too, so what really is the point of looking back?

Yes we were 5-6 and barely made the playoffs, I think some of us were expecting maybe a little bit more this year. Maybe a division title which would mean at least 1 home playoff game. Just making the playoffs this year will be ok, but its not the goal I set before the season started. I am sad to say I was totally wrong about how good this team was going to be.

After watching them play for 5 inconsistent weeks, maybe asking them to make the playoffs this year is too much. I hope I am wrong again!!!

It's incredibly hard and taxing to have to win out, and reel off 5 straight games...it's an emotional rollercoaster...was a great thing to see happen last season..but a very tough situation to be in. I guess you do what you have to do in that situation, and can be seen as an opportunity.

And both the Saints and Rams are good teams this year, unlike last year. And home games against the NFC East isn't going to be easy as it wasn't last year without TO or Mc Nabb or Pierce or Lavar all starting for other teams.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'm of the mind that our 5 game winning streak last year to get us into the playoffs was an illusion and gave a false sense of how good we were going into the off season.

3 easy wins proves our 10-6 record was a sham. No other teams with good records ever get to play easy games. Only the Redskins.

Our 11th ranked offense was horrible.

The playoffs were a more accurate picture of where we stood, stout defense with a flawed offense.

Having Portis and Brunell injured finally gave us an accurate picture of how bad our offense really was.

i just want a consistantly good football team. they don't have to win every game but i want to be able to compete 80% of the time. i don't like 30pt games followed by games where we struggle to get first downs. it seems this team might be too simplified and easy to figure out by the opponents. we figure out a new tactic and opponents quickly figure us out and shut us down for a few games. then we come up with something else, and we get figured out again. :doh:

no i dont think people forget we were 5-6 after 11 games last yr. it well like uve said, last yr. i also know that brunell is another yr older. so whats ur point?

thats nice. again, brunell is another yr older and is towards end of his career. u dont feel lot worse? 0-2 in nfc east and 0-3 in nfc conference. u dont feel bad? how about this. rest of the nfc east teams are .500 or better. all of them has won at least one nfc east game.

This is a new offense for our players, and one can only expect inconsistency for awhile.

a new offense with an old asss QB that is near his end. a QB that would not find a starting job anywhere but some how has a starting job with the redskins. for the sake of this conversation, lets say brunell eventually gets this O going, one, its not gonna be good enough to win a super bowl and two, it'll be time to retire.

we have seen what this offense is capable of against a good Jags defense, but then last week against the Giants we also saw why it will take time to be able to put forth a consistent outcome every week.

u forgot to mention how bad the giants defense is or was. giants d allowed almost 30 pts per game until who? u guessed it. when they played against the redskins. 3pts

We have seen the stats from the Chiefs in their first year under Saunders.

ive also seen the stats and results from the redskins in their first year under Gibbs I. To say that what al saunders did with the chiefs is gonna duplicate here is actually sad.

when is "once this offense clicks?" when brunell gets younger? again, that was last yr. somebody said we were down 13 against the cowboys last yr when we played the Giants last week. last yr this, last yr that. the fact is, we aint going nowhere with brunell. enough with all these assumptions and living in the past. only facts are taht brunell is another yr older and that we are 0-2 in nfc east and 0-3 in nfc conference. u do know taht we play 16 games in the NFL. every game counts. ever motha freakin game counts.

then u woke up. matter of fact, reading ur post has made me more depressed. nice going dude. keep it up.

3 easy wins proves our 10-6 record was a sham. No other teams with good records ever get to play easy games. Only the Redskins.

Our 11th ranked offense was horrible.

Having Portis and Brunell injured finally gave us an accurate picture of how bad our offense really was.

1.)Not a sham but I think we definately over achieved and may have lucked up a bit to finish 10-6 considering we were 5-6 at one point.

2.)Your sarcasm is neat but wrong. This is a case of numbers lying. We were definately not the 11th best offense from week to week, there were several games where we were one of the worst offenses in the league.

Being the 11th best offense in the league dosen't mean much when one week you put up top 5 numbers then the next you put up bottom 5, i'd say consistancy is what they strive and we were anything but that.

3.)There were plenty of games where both players you mention were healthy and we looked just as bad as we did in the playoffs.

You acting as if the playoffs was the first time all year the offense looked terrible.

Beat the cowgirls at home after the bye and we should be 4-4. If we don't, we'll be 3-6 (Eagles the following week) and we would have to run the table on the last 7 to be 10-6. Beating the cowgirls at home can afford us a couple of losses and still be 10-6. If we don't, and we lose another one along the way... 9-7 and probably not make the playoffs. To me, the season rides on that game. If we lose that one and the Eagles, then it WOULD be time for the new era* to begin.

*for those who know what I mean ;)

Looking back at the pre-season predictions that I did, I had us at 2-3 going into the Titans game. I had us losing to Jax and beating Minn but still came up with the same conclusion.

I still think that even with Springs out and the offense not clicking yet, the Redskins are a 10-6 team.

This team will show if it is playoff worthy during the following stretch of games

11/5 vs. Cowboys

11/12 @ Eagles

11/19 @ Buccaneers

11/26 vs. Panthers

12/3 vs. Falcons

12/10 vs. Eagles

12/17 @ Saints

12/24 @ Rams

12/30 vs. Giants

These are all winnable games and I still expect the team to win the majority of these games.

Damn! Can't blame you for trying, NCM! :)

What a bunch of downers.

I hardly think the players and coaches would agree that the 5 wins were an "illusion". It was all pretty damn real.

Thanks for trying to put the "fanatic" back in "fan".

And somehow I know why you're "No New Threads"...

...then u woke up. matter of fact, reading ur post has made me more depressed. nice going dude. keep it up.

:point2sky Hail!

Archived