Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

I agree most of us are emotionally effed up and pissed...which explains a lot of the posts...and all the Brunell bashing might be a bit meanspirited...but...that doesn't mean it isn't true...Brunell rarely throws the ball over 15 yards in the air...the only reason he gets big pass yards is because of strong YAC by Moss, Cooley and Portis. He has no downfield vision and is again in the rut of only going to 3 guys, the aformentioned Moss, Cooley and Portis. I find it impossible to believe that Randle El and Lloyd are never at all open. These guys are playmakers and Brunell is not giving them a chance to make plays, instread He dumps it off and takes the 4 yard completion. It's time to put Campbell in and give him 11 games to get used to the system and the playmakers and get him set for next year when we could make some noise. I'm sorry but it's true, and it's not just anger over a bad showing.

I agree. Moreover, I think it really has to come back to Brunell's inability to lead this team week in & week out. IMO, this is inexcusable for a 13 year vet. If Campbell was making the bad throws & bad decisions that Brunell is, I wouldn't be nearly as upset because he doesn't have the experience yet. But Brunell got lucky a couple of times today with overthrown & underthrown passes that were almost INTs, one could have been returned for a TD. I'm not saying that veteran qbs shouldn't make mistakes, but God knows that a 2nd year rookie making the same mistakes is far less upsetting. Brunell is far too inconsistent now to make the impact on this team that we need him to. Yes, O-line has a lot to answer for this week, but Bruell took a couple of sacks because I guess he thought that he had 23 seconds to get rid of the ball, not 2.3 seconds. He's not reading the field well at all & I too find it hard to believe that Lloyd, Moss, &/or Randle El can't get open...against the 29th ranked pass defense. I don't buy that at all.

You cannot blame this game on Mark Brunell. NOBODY played very well, and I thought Brunell played better than probably the rest of the team (minus Marshall and Griffin).

Our players just didn't want it as bad as the Giants did. We SHOULD get past the Titans with relative ease and then hopefully we can get pumped for Indy right before the bye.

Indy has probably one of the worst run defenses in the league, so we need to run Portis and Ladell all day on that defense.

What cracks me up are all the posts saying "Man I cant wait for Springs to return"

Really? and when he is back is he gonna be able to cover Rogers man at the same time?

Is he gonna be able to rush the passer for Carter since he cant seem to?

Is he gonna be able to pick up Archuletas man in coverage?

5 weeks now and Williams and his billion dollar staff are not helping his players out. He used to be able to put his players in position to excel. Oh and Jerry Gray, are you helping out?

I am more sick of our defense then I am of our limp noodle QB.

Obviously he hasn't been paying attention to the some of the games this year.

And to think during the off season this guy was the hottest name out there as a head-coach candidate...wonder if that will be the case this year?

Yeah, odd because the blitz is supposed to be his bread-and-butter. I guess both Asst HC's really outthought themselves this week.

As for him being a head coach, I like the continuity...but we saw what he did with the Bills after a great showing as a D Coord for the Titans. My hope is that he's learned something from Joe G about how to manage a team (as weird as that sounds at this particular moment).

This game is just an anomaly.

To paraphrase a line from a well known film:

'Forget it, Jack... It's just.. the Meadowlands'. :)

We did worse last year (a 36-0 drubbing where we looked just as flat), and we finished that season fairly well.

I don't know what it is, but the Redskins just DON"T play well in New Jersey and seem to always split with the Giants under Gibbs' tenures.

I expect a different game come Dec. 30th.

:point2sky

We've looked sensational the last couple of weeks. I'm not discounting today's poor preformance, but for now, I'm just going to chalk it up to another bad Meadowlands experience, forget about it, and get ready for Washington to blow the Titans doors off. :point2sky:

I agree. I think Mark Brunell is a stand up guy....but it's time to inject JC into the line up just like the Cardnals did with Leinhardtthis week.

We need another spark on offense and if our o-line can't pass protect well on every passing down..at least you know you have a guy who can put it on the ground and move the chains with his feet.

Joe Gibbs is just going to have to make a tough decision and bench mark and bring JC...just like he did last year with benching Ramsey and going with Brunell.

The Cards really are finished, though. I think putting Campbell in is concession that we're finished too. I hope that's not the case.

With all due respect..

3 win +3 loses = 6 games

The NFL schedule is usually 16 games. Unless, something has changed that I hadn't noticed.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as you, but face it, brother. We are in for an uphill climb that does NOT compare to last year.

You may ban me from posting after reading this but heck I always speak my mind so why change now. I watched the game start to finish and my observations were that the redskins were playing with NO emotion NO sense of urgency they had a blank look in their faces. did they purposely throw the game because that is the impression i got watching it.!! You know money does not buy you a championship if you need proof look at New York Yankees of baseball (Laughing)

Look at our great NO NAME Defense first 2 years very very good So now this year we bring in all these High priced free agents and look at us now !!!! And don't hang it all on 1 player being out because of surgery!!

Think I will just adopt Indy as my home team even though I have always lived in the DC area.

Yea, we always lose to the gints at the meadowlands. we lost to the gint slast year and played pretty well for the rest of the season, so if we play well for the rest of the year, and the team we know that played so well against jacksonville and the texans shows up for the rest of the season, we should win the rest of our home games, and beat at least the saints and bucs, and make the playoffs with 10-6 or 11-5.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as you, but face it, brother. We are in for an uphill climb that does NOT compare to last year.

Huh?

All of our tougher upcoming games are at home. The only game we don't stand a chance in is against Indy, and they almost lost to the lowly Titans today.

Let's go 3-3.

The rest we will have to deal with later.

Archived