Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

What I want to know is...WTF happened to the mighty O we had last week? The Jags' D is much better than the Giants' D...this should have been a W for the 'Skins...I am very disappointed at their utterly flat and uninspired play today...they really laid an egg...TRAP GAME, anyone???

The Giants Defense game planned for us. I dont think this was a trap game. It was simply that the Giants were ready for our offense. They knew what every one in the league should know. Stop Portis, limit the screen pass... do those two things and Washington has no offense.

When do we bench Mark Brunell? Put Jason Campbell in soon. Or we can kiss this season good bye. Joe let the Vet sit on the bench for a week or so. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Brunell gets benched when we are mathmatically out of the playoffs hunt. And even then I dont think Campbell gets the start unless Brunell is in a Coma. Gibbs would sooner dedicate a player to push Brunell around in a wheel chair than start a young QB. Unless Brunell retires at the end of the year, Gibbs wont start Campbell in 2007 either.

And if Brunell does retire, I bet Gibbs goes out and signs another VET.

I'm so sick of watching this boring offense. When is this coaching staff gonna grow a pair and take some chances down field. What did we go out and get some recievers for? And as far as our defense is concerned, why do we need to get torched down field evey game before we buckle down and play with some heart. In my eyes this coaching staff doesn't have a clue. I'm tired of us waiting for wins to fall in our laps, let's go out and actually dominate a game for once. Please!! And that was a great call on 3rd and 1 to pass, last time I checked our running back gets at least 4 yards a carry. Good call!!!!

I have 1 question....That guy was out of bounds w/that pass right?...or am I blind?...I could have sworn when you come down on the white its out...of course that wasn't the only thing I could talk about..but I'll leave well enough alone...

Reed Doughty put a ht on Toomer and forced him out of bounds. If you are forced out and have possesion of the ball--it is ruled a catch.

well fellowfans, i hate to say it but everytime i get a chance to watch the "SKINS" on

tv play i can pretty much tell how it will end. they looked very FLAT on executing plays. i only saw a few plays before going to work & i honestly could

say that they can not PUTAWAY a team like the GIANTS when they could have BURIED

them in their own backyard!!!!!!! i hope that the team did not look past these boys. i

also hope that last week's win didn't set them back any because today they

looked like a totally different team.can't understand it!!! why is it always the other teams that are so successful in wins like this one today. this defeat really

hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!! i realize that there is another chance later on but you can't always depend on that everytime. by the time they meet again it will be :(

meaningless anyway. it doesn't get any easier...you know??? i can't wait to get

home & see/hear what the EXCUSES are this week. pitifull,just plain pitiful!!!!!

why do we continue to struggle? I've been saying it all season so far. Jason Cambell is the future, play him now. Our schedule is too challenging for us to over come a 2-3 with 0-2 nfc. At least start him a game and see what he does!!!!!!!!!!! I still love my skins!!!!

Offense:

The reason we faired well against Jacksonville was our offensive line could move against their LB's. We wore down the Jags defense by making them run side to side then pounded it up the gut when they were out of breath. Big plays happened when the DB's were falling into the trap of supporting the run.

Against a defense like NY their LB's have the speed to pursue the run to the outside. Toss plays didn't work nor did the WR screens. To me this falls on Al Saunders shoulders. Midway thru the first quarter and into the second it became obvious that we would have to attack the middle of their defense. We could only do this w/ a 3 or 4 WR set. Duckett and 2 TE's should have been brought in at this point. At the very least to give or defense some rest and put the game back on the O/L's shoulders. To me we have taken the game away from the O/L in each loss. It sometimes looks like Spurrier football to me.

Defense:

Our corners suck. Period. Each one of them blows and it will only get worse until Springs returns. Also... Andre Carter is a complete bust. The book is out on AA until Springs returns. AA wasn't brought in here to be locked up in a ton of single coverage like he has been. Aslo... pull Holdman this week and start McIntosh.

It was a pathetic gameplan. As others have stated, I'm beggining to become a little frustrated with the offense. Its either clicking or its not, with no room in between. I don't think the conservative play calling helps, either.

Its actually just insane that considering the amount of talent this team has, that we cannot put it all together. Yeah, Brunell isn't a great QB; however, he's decent. Even he should be able to work with his tools and break off some great plays against a weak NY secondary. I just cannot believe it. Something is off here. I know Gibbs is a HOF coach, but he needs to re-examine how he looks at defenses.

Question:

Is Brunell not throwing deep because the coaches are telling him not to, or is Brunell not throwing deep because he can't?

If it's the former, then don't blame Brunell. It's the coaches' fault.

If it's the latter, then Brunell needs to go.

Question:

Is Brunell not throwing deep because the coaches are telling him not to, or is Brunell not throwing deep because he can't?

If it's the former, then don't blame Brunell. It's the coaches' fault.

If it's the latter, then Brunell needs to go.

I dont think he can throw deep when he rolls out, and he cant see over the line unless he rolls out, it's a lose lose situation we're in:doh:

I don't know who is teaching these guys to tackle but my god a blade of grass on the field has a better chance of tripping up Barber, they flail there arms at people, they don't grab they just reach out scrape at them and fall down as barber gets 10 yards.. simply pathetic..

Archived