Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

That's a tad harsh. That's lashing out at it's worst. How can we blame Hall? He's been money so far this season, he missed one today & one on opening day. I'm not ready to push Hall over the cliff yet.

Agreed...right now I am frustrated and thinking clearly at all.

I went over the line....to all of those who support Hall...I apologize I lashed out and I shouldn't have.

I didnt see Patten suited up for the game, so where was Duckett?

That's my question...we gave up a 3rd rounder for this guy let's see what he can do.

As it is right now we got one draft choice on the first day (and if things don't improve it'll be a top 10 pick).

Not to put a positive spin on anything, but the Skins haven't played a division game at home yet. Let them lose one of those before we completely write them off.

Although, I admit, it does stink that they are SO uncompetitive on the road.

Sry about the dbl post.

I don't think we were relying on the defense for anything. Neither of the past two weeks. Or at all this season for that matter (ok, maybe week one).

I think there were 3 three and outs. Two in the 4th quarter when we were down by 13 or more.

The offense never got started past the 37 yard line.

Excuse me...

The Redskins best starting field position was the 33 yard line, 31 yard line, and 37 yard line, which is pretty good; only netted 3 points. There were 5 punts to boot, and regardless of it all, the offense scored 3 points....3 points.

The defense wasn't good either, but when you hold one of the better offense to 9 points in the first half, despite giving up two very big passing plays, you offensive needs to step up and help out itself.

I was mentally kinda ready for a fluke. And boy, I'm so glad I was. It happens every year. Last year it was 35-0, today it was 19-3. I guess the team got tired of winning two games in a row :D. Loss is a loss, get over it.

There is no excuse they lost. Secondary was consistently ( I like using that word) out of position for deep throws. No pressure on Eli whatsoever, O-Line didnt do their part. Its obvious seeing that the Redskins didnt run the ball well. Giants knew most of the time where exactly Portis was going. Brunell was pressure throughout the game. When he had time to throw no one was open. The Redskins lost this game simple as that. Im not even upset about it cause I know that we'll once again bounce back. I just have to hear it everyone tomorrow.

Ok can someone tell me how when asked why we aren’t blitzing Greg Williams quotes" We don't want to give up the big play." ??!??! Don’t want to give up the big play? That’s all we’ve been doing! Zero pressure on a NFL quarterback equals big plays. Routes and the contact rules are in the favor of the WR given time they will get open. I’m not doomsaying it took time last year for the Defense to fall into a groove, but Springs is at least three weeks away from coming back and we can’t be resigned to a conservative defense until his return. As for the offense, they simply never had time to develop a rhythm and let the defensive line manhandle them.

I'm not the coach either but we were down and a field goal is not going to we you the game and would have goten us in the game so we played look so punks we looked flat the d-fense and the play calling look soft Kenny Wright YOU SUCK John HALL your A 2 million dollar BUM we need to attack more hit people in the mouth we go hit in the mouth today and that 4th and 1 call showed that we we playing with out tails between our legs:pooh: :cuss: :wtf:

The Washington Post will be interesting to read up until next Saturday.

There will definitely be a less optimistic tone from Boswell and Wilbon this week.

True and the clowns at ESPN will be drooling over what happened today...Tom Jackson is loving this crap right now.

Anyone else think they should have went for it on that 4th & 1 right before Hall missed? I mean Coach Gibbs had to reason to believe the defense was going to be able to stop the Giants offense. Go for it and finish up with a TD and momentum has swung and it's a completely different game.

Oh and Brunell has to go.

Should have been gone before the start of the season actually but thats all I am going to say on the matter.

Excuse me...

The Redskins best starting field position was the 33 yard line, 31 yard line, and 37 yard line, which is pretty good; only netted 3 points. There were 5 punts to boot, and regardless of it all, the offense scored 3 points....3 points.

The defense wasn't good either, but when you hold one of the better offense to 9 points in the first half, despite giving up two very big passing plays, you offensive needs to step up and help out itself.

Just answering your question(s). You brought up "40 yd line or better".

Not to beat a dead horse silly, but the Giants did not punt until the 4th qtr. Even after the 2nd Redskin drive was 10 plays long. How much rest do you need?

From the Giants perspective this is precisely how you win games aganst a team with a very good offense when you have a suspect defense. You keep them off of the field. This is probably what the Skins would like to have done, but it's much easier at home when your offense has a better chance of executing.

Agreed...right now I am frustrated and thinking clearly at all.

I went over the line....to all of those who support Hall...I apologize I lashed out and I shouldn't have.

:applause: Way to re-think your point. :thumbsup:

It is frustrating, when we KNOW what this team is capable of & they come out & play like that. There were some good plays made today by some key players (Moss, when able, Portis, Cooley, Washington, Taylor, sometimes, Betts, & Hall for 50%), but it wasn't enough to spark the rest of the team.

Mr. Gibbs theory of coaching NOT TO LOSE!! This does not work in his "Part II" coaching days. Up by 3 points and our offense turns conservative and will not take shots down the field. Saunders can only take so many pages out of his playbook that fit into what Gibbs wants to do which is to be conservative and play not to lose. It's happened since the day he got back and it will continue. Very annoying to watch too btw!!!!

We just played terrible today. The team did not show up. The offense didn't do anything. The offensive line played like they were tired or something. They couldn't block. We never got into rythem. The defense played like they have every game this year BEND-but-don't-BREAK. They only gave up one TD. I'm dissapointted in this lost but I know we will play better next week.

With the way we are playing our divisional opponents and the tough schedule we have ahead I think we might be looking at a 8-8 season. Even with all the success MB has had in the previous two games I think if he remains the QB for the rest of the season he is going to be sporadic at best! Since he can't rely on any athleticism anymore, if things are not going his way ie..good pass protection, he will not be successful.

I think if the seasons starts slipping away and we don't make the playoffs, it will be time to put Jason Campbell in and get him ready for next season.

I'm not "throwing in the towel" yet because we still have plenty of offensive weapons if they can just get the ball, however I do have the towel on my shoulers!

What's up with Brandon Lloyd? Has anyone seen him yet? Maybe we can insert David Patten into the line up?

With the way we are playing our divisional opponents and the tough schedule we have ahead I think we might be looking at a 8-8 season. Even with all the success MB has had in the previous two games I think if he remains the QB for the rest of the season he is going to be sporadic at best! Since he can't rely on any athleticism anymore, if things are not going his way ie..good pass protection, he will not be successful.

I think if the seasons starts slipping away and we don't make the playoffs, it will be time to put Jason Campbell in and get him ready for next season.

I'm not "throwing in the towel" yet because we still have plenty of offensive weapons if they can just get the ball, however I do have the towel on my shoulers!

What's up with Brandon Lloyd? Has anyone seen him yet? Maybe we can insert David Patten into the line up?

Archived