Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

With a record of 2-3, this game is not the anomoly. The "2" in the win column are the anomoly.

I said the game, and its contents are the anomoly, not the record.

I made this thread to be a skiff of paper to travel through the sea of negativity here.

If you want to be negative, there are plenty of threads to do so.

Huh?

All of our tougher upcoming games are at home. The only game we don't stand a chance in is against Indy, and they almost lost to the lowly Titans today.

Let's go 3-3.

The rest we will have to deal with later.

I'll suspend my pessimism, but I've seen nothing that leads me to believe we can beat any of the east teams even at home.

If we were playing a team on fire like the Bears are right now and got shut down, you might have some understanding.

But guys, this was the Giants. A desperate team that had a lot to play for and was going to be tough to beat, yes. But we didn't show up.

This is the second straight divisional game (Dallas and NY) that we've gone down and just flat out stunk up the joint. And the scary part is in neither game did the opposition exactly play their "A" game as well.

10-6 or 11-5? You have to be kidding.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as you, but face it, brother. We are in for an uphill climb that does NOT compare to last year.

Agreed. We have a hard battle over the next 12 weeks & regardless of who is to blame, if this incosistency persists, that hike uphill will become our Mount Everest. I know the season ain't over yet, but we are already in the hole with 3 NFC losses, 2 by way of our own division. This is not a good start & we have a rough 6 weeks ahead of us. The coaching staff had better get their heads out of their asses & start making better decisions.

I'll suspend my pessimism, but I've seen nothing that leads me to believe we can beat any of the east teams even at home.

OK. That's your perogative, and I'll leave you to it, but the Jags are quite a quite a bit better than any of our rivals in the overrated NFC Beast.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as you, but face it, brother. We are in for an uphill climb that does NOT compare to last year.

This season is not even at the halfway point just yet. Do we look good? Not entirely. Keep in mind, that we simply do not play well at the Meadowlands--proof in the pudding today. However, it is way too early to close the curtains just yet. Lets take this thing one game at a time and see if we can make a season out of this?

That's cause you haven't seen them play any of the East teams at home yet ;) .

(I actually used one of those fruity smiley icons for that one. That means a lot coming from me.)

Except for our offensive line's pass blocking, our defense's tackling, our secondary's inability to cover guys down the middle (still), and our kicker's 50-50 prospects with anything over 35 yards.....Never mind. I'm too depressed for the sarcastic end to that sentence.

One thing DID go the way I expected....Lavar's still huge ego and below-average play, punctuated by one or two flashes of brilliance each game to tease you into thinking someday he could be a player...except he's not 23 years old anymore and 'someday' is gone.

This is just a terrible performance. The coaching staff needs to get there heads out of their *****e$. It's time for change at the QB possition and also Gregg Williams needs too find a way for the defense to create pressure. And getting Shawn Springs back will help, but he's not going to turn this whole thing around.

Man, today was our superbowl. If it didn't happen today it aint gonna. (Good teams find a way to win, no matter what.)

If that were the case, then the 1972 Dolphins wouldn't be the only undefeated team in NFL history. Yes, good teams find a way to win, but let's not forget that the reigning Super Bowl Champs couldn't even muster 3 points against the very same team we beat last week. There is no excuse for us playing the way we did today, but every team, even the best teams lose games.

All I know is what I see. I see the same thing every week.

Run, Run, pass. Run, Run, pass. It looked like the Giants were in the huddle half of the game. They had well over half the plays scoped before Brunell called the signals.

The biggest problem of throwing only short passes is that the same 8 men in the box that stop the run are there to stop the short pass. The Skins aren't playing to win, they're playing to avoid a turnover.

It's time for play action on first down. The double moves fooled no one today and even when Moss and Lloyd were in single coverage Brunell couldn't lead them. No wide receivers caught passes or were even thrown to going over the middle behind the linebackers and Brunell just doesn't have the arm to go up the sidelines.

Brunell won't be benched because Gibbs counts loyalty above all else. A worthy trait, but unfortunately, Brunell doesn't get it done. Get the future in there now, so he can have a warmup with the Titans before we play Indy.

giants Win!!!!!!! Way To Score 3 Points In Your Last 2 Trips To The Meadowlands!!!!

Can you please make your font a little bigger. Perhaps even use a neon green font to boot? If you are going to make such a great point, like you just did, atleast have the decency to allow us to read it.

Guys this loss started with ineffective offense, and went down hill from there. We scored three points. The Giants played it smart. Stop Portis and the screen pass and make Brunell beat you.

Mark Brunell couldnt beat a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. He plays like he doesnt want to be the reason we lost, and thus he is never directly the reason we are in a position to win. Portis, Moss and Cooley make that offense work. Maybe we should try and sign Archie Manning out of retirement. He's a veteran. Gibbs would love him, and his arm cant be any weaker than Brunell's is at this point.

Yes the defense was suspect and gave up tons of yards. But this loss started and ended with the offense not producing period.

Guys this loss started with ineffective offense, and went down hill from there. We scored three points. The Giants played it smart. Stop Portis and the screen pass and make Brunell beat you.

Mark Brunell couldnt beat a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. He plays like he doesnt want to be the reason we lost, and thus he is never directly the reason we are in a position to win. Portis, Moss and Cooley make that offense work. Maybe we should try and sign Archie Manning out of retirement. He's a veteran. Gibbs would love him, and his arm cant be any weaker than Brunell's is at this point.

Yes the defense was suspect and gave up tons of yards. But this loss started and ended with the offense not producing period.

What I want to know is...WTF happened to the mighty O we had last week? The Jags' D is much better than the Giants' D...this should have been a W for the 'Skins...I am very disappointed at their utterly flat and uninspired play today...they really laid an egg...TRAP GAME, anyone???

Archived