Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

Well, that was a disappointing performance by our 'Skins today. What happened to our defense? If it wasn't for Giant mistakes in the red zone, we would have lost by more than 16 points.

As for Brunell, what can you say? The guy is streaky to say the least.

Hopefully, Brunell and the defense can step it up next week against the Titans.

Agreed. I think we can drop this one.

Drop what? :silly:

I think you may be trying to squirm out of this one, Chief. It's a simple question, valuable as a theoretical inquiry even if totally implausible in reality. Who would you rather have as your QB? Sport is taking the other guy.

Nah. To be truthful, I am not 'squirming' out of this. I am not a big fan of what ifs.

To answer your question.. I would take McNabb as well.

But couldn't any NFL QB do this? Wouldn't it be nice to have a QB who can hit the speedy receivers and do other things, like avoid the pass rush and throw downfield?

Surely, any QB could. Brunell is NOT a game changer. He simply manages the game which he IS doing. He is NOT the "Future" and Gibbs has said so.

The defense was awful, no doubt. But the defense is responsible for the 19, not the 3. I'm tired of having a QB who can win IF the defense plays well and IF Portis goes over 100 yards and IF Moss breaks a couple of huge runs. Mediocrity is getting old.

But, MB did not have anything to do with the wins over Houston and Jax? Get real, bro.

remember last year we had problems winning against AFC teams?

and we did so well in our division and in the nfc?

well we got it all backwards this year.

id rather do well against our division and our confrence because it helps us out to get in the playoffs.

maybe we just suck in the meadowlands?

We suck in the Meadowlands. Always have.

Brunell is not the reason we lost today.... we lost because our defense let us down... our o-line went back to its normal ways, and we couldn't establish a running game.... Who would we turn to if Brunell went "bu bye"? Jason Campbell, who hasn't taken any snaps in the nfl? We are much better off this year if we keep Brunell in as the starter... but if we lose too many more, then i say put in Campbell.... but until then, stick with the proven veteran!:dallasuck

Is it just me, or does the play calling seem too conservative? I mean, there we are at mid-field, it's 3rd and 18...we settle for a Portis draw play!! It's obvious that we need to take more shots during the game because our piss poor pass coverage and lack of pressure up front will continue to eat the team up!!

I have faith in the coaching staff to an extent...but some things have me really scratching my head...Duckett for a 3rd round draft pick? (Darnell Dockett went in the 3rd round a couple of drafts ago. Just goes to show you that quality still exists in round 3. Hmm, sure could use a pass rushing DT about now)

I have to say I can not watch Bruell any longer, he has moments when he looks good but they are out numbered by 25X of just looking dumb. Its one thing to make a mistake but he is afraid to do anything. He holds the ball WAY to long.

3 step drop and let moss, randel el do their thing. Brunell makes me nervous to were a skins jersey to the bar to watch the game..... AND what the hell is up with the high school secondary, Everyone is just saying "chuck it up dogg":eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

What time is the game? Wow please tell me that what I saw on TV was not our Redskins from last week. If it was someone call the police because our defense just got slaughtered. At least I can get alot of yard work done on Sundays. At least we have the Titans at home next week, but the way we are playing Vince Young could be like McNabb against us.

PS Their is a guy named Moss on the field. GET HIM THE BALL!!! Saunders is about two days away from having someone chew his food. Let Gibbs coach. Run me the counter tray, the WR bunch, and the flea flicker.

:mad:

Whoever is trying to blame this loss on the offense or defense or coaching is pathetic. Everyone one is to blame on this loss. EVERYONE.

But...there is a silver lining to this cloud. If the Skins play any worse this year against division rivals we'll miss the playoffs and not get a good draft pick since we like to trade those away. This team is just about toast. I don't see a repeat of last year's ressurection in the second half of the season because our defense isn't good enough to shut down the other teams passing and our offense isn't good enough to keep up with the other teams scoring.

Oh wait..did I mention that there was a silver lining to this...oh...forget that. =-p

Hey...well, at least Portis is entertaining and at least Dallas lost.

Did anyone see that first 3rd down conversion attempt?....HORRIBLE! What the hell kind of option shovel pass play was that?! After that, I see how the Skins were horrible on 3rd downs again...3 for 11...this is Brunnell's fault...Portis's for dropping that pass...and Sanders' for calling those awful 3rd down plays. Did anyone see the Cowboys and Eagles game?....that's how you convert 3rd downs. That's how football is played. Good luck getting it back together SKins...I still love you guys!

If it were Brunell's fault, Gibbs would bench him.

This is a team game and our whole team did not play well against Minny, Dallas, or NY.

Brunell is not winning us the games but, he definitely is not, and no where close to, losing it for us either.

There is a big difference between the two.

If a QB fails to put his team in a position to win, then he helped the team lose.

You can make excuses for that bum and call him a smart game managing QB til you are blue in the face. At the end of the day we still only scored 3 points. Thats not the defenses fault. Its the offense, and it starts with OLD number 8.

While Brunell may not directly cause us to lose, he rarely is the reason we win games either.

Offensive Line: Sucks

Defensive Line: Sucks

CB's: Suck

Play calling: Sucks

Other than that, were doing fine. It was the offensive line of old that made the mediocre look pro-bowl. We've gotten away from that and it shows.

The Defensive Line needs 3 linebackers to make them look good...

The CB's also need the same LB's to look good...

There's only so many people on the field at the same time so were screwed there.

I cant honestly say I blame 1 certain individual over the other, I think the team dropped the ball (no pun intended - wait..didnt they do that too?) I think they lost as a team, and the finger pointing goes to..hmm I cant think of just one group to point at. Giants were just that damn good, plain and simple. As far as Springs coming back..1 man does not make a team, granted he's a good player, but Springs wont be the guy bringing us back from a deficit. Moss had a great game as always, Portis ran the bal well..maybe not as well as he normally does, Brunell stayed in there, played hard..but as a team, let's face it...we got outplayed. Tenn. this week..hmm a winless team, yeah this one should be a given for us..then again, we've bombed those games before. Give the skins' a break, have faith, and if we lose, stay true to the team.

If a QB fails to put his team in a position to win, then he helped the team lose.

You can make excuses for that bum and call him a smart game managing QB til you are blue in the face. At the end of the day we still only scored 3 points. Thats not the defenses fault. Its the offense, and it starts with OLD number 8.

While Brunell may not directly cause us to lose, he rarely is the reason we win games either.

So, your solution is what? Play "the kid".

I am glad that you are a fan and not in charge of decisions. :doh:

So, your solution is what? Play "the kid".

I am glad that you are a fan and not in charge of decisions. :doh:

Yes play the kid. And here is why.

Reason one: The Kid cant really do much worse than Brunell. He has the arm, and should be a bit more mobile. So he can get the ball down the field if that is whats needed.

Reason two: If Campbell really is the future franchise QB for this team, what good is he doing sitting on the bench while we all wonder which version of Mark Brunell will show up from week to week??

In the end it was a serious mistake on the coaching staffs part to go into the season with an aging QB and a backup who hasnt started a game this century. Atleast this is the case if they seriously thought they were going to contend for anything. With Brunells fading performance at the end of last year, it was very stupid to go out and spend a ton of money and draft picks on recievers and running backs if you planned to have a QB who cant get the ball down field.

Gibbs built a team with small fast recievers and yet our passing offense is based more off screens and dump offs than actually using those speedy recievers to stretch the field.

Bottom line, being 0-3 in the confrence play the kid. I honestly think he couldnt be any more unpredictable than Brunell is from week to week.

Archived