Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

you know it is really discouraging to have so much talent coaching and players to keep sayingf the same thing. Last year we could put up with it because we knew it was a new era dawning and we just had to wait. We went to the playoffs in a fashion that made the whole nfl respect us...now we are suppose to have all this expert stuff and high dollar players but all we get is the old stuff we had before last year. Well I am an optimist, I think we can turn it around but we have to get it together and not be a one win two lose team...oh and by the way the defense isn't saving us this year so...let's get real and we need our leaders to get on the team and call some guys to the table...GO REDSKINS...Oh yea you suppose to be fans get off our boys becuse you know if they start winning you will be a Brunell, Joe Gibbs, Clinton Portis, fan again so be real and hold on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Brian Mitchell said it best on his radio show....

Joe Gibbs is not going to bench Mark Brunell, and won't start Jason Campbell unless Mark Brunell breaks his legs and even than he might try and start him.

We all unfortunately are going to have to deal with it and realize it. Its gone this far and its going to only continue until they have to take him off on a stretcher.

The sooner the better.

I do not believe ANYTHING that ****ell says.

He is scum and I am ashamed such a person retired wearing the Burgundy and Gold colors. He is a disgrace to our team.

He is dead to me. :yes:

On this one he is right though. Gibbs aint going to Bench Brunell. If Mark were to some how end up unable to move from the neck down Gibbs would still talk him up as a smart veteran QB who can still win Games for Washington...Even if he is in a spinal collar and Halo rig.

On this one he is right though. Gibbs aint going to Bench Brunell. If Mark were to some how end up unable to move from the neck down Gibbs would still talk him up as a smart veteran QB who can still win Games for Washington...Even if he is in a spinal collar and Halo rig.

If it were Brunell's fault, Gibbs would bench him.

This is a team game and our whole team did not play well against Minny, Dallas, or NY.

Brunell is not winning us the games but, he definitely is not, and no where close to, losing it for us either.

There is a big difference between the two.

I think it's generally accurate that Gibbs would rather renounce his religion than bench Brunell. That being the case, and it appearing that Brunell has no plans to retire after this year, can we ever expect things to really improve until Gibbs leaves? It seems that as long as Brunell is an option he'll play. If that's the case, I won't be sad to see Gibbs II end.

Not that Brunell was really the problem today. The whole team played poorly. No pressure from the d line, poor tackling against the run, AWFUL coverage as usual, too many penalties, failure to convert 3rd downs, no downfield passing game, etc.

I think it's generally accurate that Gibbs would rather renounce his religion than bench Brunell. That being the case, and it appearing that Brunell has no plans to retire after this year, can we ever expect things to really improve until Gibbs leaves? It seems that as long as Brunell is an option he'll play. If that's the case, I won't be sad to see Gibbs II end.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I think claiming that the guy is using his religion to choose his QB's is rather absurd and embarrassing. Brunell was good against the Jags and the Texans.. now, people want to hate on him again?! It is rather funny how the tides change. With one blink of the eye, Brunell is a record holder and in two games he had a 122 passer rating and people like him. Now, the other eye blinks and people want him benched?

ES makes me laugh.

Not that Brunell was really the problem today. The whole team played poorly. No pressure from the d line, poor tackling against the run, AWFUL coverage as usual, too many penalties, failure to convert 3rd downs, no downfield passing game, etc.

Agreed.

Wasnt it late in the 3rd or early in the 4th when Hall missed that FG? Regardless, it was 3rd and 1. Give the f'n ball to 26. If he doesnt get it, give it to him again on 4th. I wouldnt feel so bad if we wouldve beat Minnesota, cuz we'd be where I expected. But 2-3, beat Tenn, lose at Indy, 3-4. Not good. Someone needs to step up right f'n now!!!

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I think claiming that the guy is using his religion to choose his QB's is rather absurd and embarrassing. Brunell was good against the Jags and the Texans.. now, people want to hate on him again?! It is rather funny how the tides change. With one blink of the eye, Brunell is a record holder and in two games he had a 122 passer rating and people like him. Now, the other eye blinks and people want him benched?

ES makes me laugh.

Agreed.

I did not mean to suggest that Gibbs' faith has anything to do with who his QB is. I was just trying to think of something he loved as much as he loves Brunell and God was all I could think of. His loyalty to Brunell is baffling, but so is throwing the ball to Cooley in double coverage on 3rd and 1. As for the Houston and Jax games, I assure you I was not singing Brunell's praises after either of those games. his NFL "record" was a joke, and most of his yards against Jax were after the catch. I'll grant you that he is not awful every game, just every other game or so. I'm tired of getting ready for the game every week and waiting to se whether Brunell is going to take one of his trademark dumps and throw for 112 yards. But that's too bad for me, because Gibbs, you, me and the rest of us are going to ride Brunell to the bitter end. The bitter, 6-10 end.

As much I hate to see Burnell in there and he still can't complete a pass over 15 yards. This game was not his fault. The whole team especially the defense sucked. I rather see them with excitement than lose watching paint dry.

I did not mean to suggest that Gibbs' faith has anything to do with who his QB is. I was just trying to think of something he loved as much as he loves Brunell and God was all I could think of. His loyalty to Brunell is baffling, but so is throwing the ball to Cooley in double coverage on 3rd and 1. As for the Houston and Jax games, I assure you I was not singing Brunell's praises after either of those games. his NFL "record" was a joke, and most of his yards against Jax were after the catch. I'll grant you that he is not awful every game, just every other game or so. I'm tired of getting ready for the game every week and waiting to se whether Brunell is going to take one of his trademark dumps and throw for 112 yards. But that's too bad for me, because Gibbs, you, me and the rest of us are going to ride Brunell to the bitter end. The bitter, 6-10 end.

I just take what I am given. You did not make yourself clear enough about the religion thing at the time.

His NFL record is a joke? Than how come it is not done every week? McNabb faced the Texans as well and he did not get close. Get real!!

Brunell's strength is to simply get the ball in the WR's hands and allow them to use their talent to gain the yards. Is that not what they have been doing?

NFL QB's are different.. Some throw all day, some scramble, other's dink and dunk. It's called using what works. Using what the defenses give you.

I caught enough of the game 2 see that if things didn't change,,we were on our way 2 another lost,,,well,,it happened,,but my feelings aren't with this,,it's the way I saw my man "#53 get trucked,,,,I was in my feelings,,,lol,,,,Im sitting @ my buddy's house,,& he's not even a football watcher,,but,,,since we had time 2 chill he turned the game on,,, he saw that paly & looked @ me & was like "chris tucker in friday..."DAYUMMMM>>>"lol,,,,,it's all good,,as always, well be back...Marcus Washington,,ur still my money man

Is it me, or did we reverse a trend from last year? Not a good trend either. Last year we couldnt beat the AFC teams, now we cant beat the NFC teams, weird, LOL. Seriously, we will turn this around, I have faith. I had a feeling the Giants would bounce back. On a bright note we have the Titans next week, hopefully not the same Titans that faced the Colts today or we might be in trouble, LOL. But one thing I'd like to see is for the defense to be let loose and for Williams to not be so paranoid to blitz. We need some help from the defensive side and not always depend on our offense to be explosive. Shawn Springs, please come back, LOL.

I just take what I am given. You did not make yourself clear enough about the religion thing at the time.

His NFL record is a joke? Than how come it is not done every week? McNabb faced the Texans as well and he did not get close. Get real!!

Brunell's strength is to simply get the ball in the WR's hands and allow them to use their talent to gain the yards. Is that not what they have been doing?

NFL QB's are different.. Some throw all day, some scramble, other's dink and dunk. It's called using what works. Using what the defenses give you.

1. I think it was pretty clear. There wasn't even a suggestion that Gibbs loves Brunell because of his religion. I've seen that suggested in other posts and it's ridiculous.

2. Okay chief, so who would you rather have as your starting QB? Donovan McNabb, or the holder of that illustrious NFL record for consecutive screen passes completed? I'm taking McNabb.

3. So his "strength" is to throw passes to receivers? I'd call that a minimum job requirement, not a strength.

4. Mark did a great job using what the defense gave him today.

1. I think it was pretty clear. There wasn't even a suggestion that Gibbs loves Brunell because of his religion. I've seen that suggested in other posts and it's ridiculous.

I did not read it as such but, it truly isn't important because it was further expressed on your part.

2. Okay chief, so who would you rather have as your starting QB? Donovan McNabb, or the holder of that illustrious NFL record for consecutive screen passes completed? I'm taking McNabb.

Sport,

Well, seeing as McNabb is the QB of the Iggles and no way could we get him--what's the point in grabbing at straws?

Respectfully yours,

Chief

3. So his "strength" is to throw passes to receivers? I'd call that a minimum job requirement, not a strength.

You are crying that he doesn't get 400-500 yards passing a game.(not exact words of course) I am telling you that he allows the WRs to use their talents (speed) to get the yards. That wans't clear enough? I appoligize for it.

4. Mark did a great job using what the defense gave him today.

And our defense did a great job at taking what the VaGiants offense gave them.

Your move.

I did not read it as such but, it truly isn't important because it was further expressed on your part.

Agreed. I think we can drop this one.

Sport,

Well, seeing as McNabb is the QB of the Iggles and no way could we get him--what's the point in grabbing at straws?

Respectfully yours,

Chief

I think you may be trying to squirm out of this one, Chief. It's a simple question, valuable as a theoretical inquiry even if totally implausible in reality. Who would you rather have as your QB? Sport is taking the other guy.

You are crying that he doesn't get 400-500 yards passing a game.(not exact words of course) I am telling you that he allows the WRs to use their talents (speed) to get the yards. That wans't clear enough? I appoligize for it.

But couldn't any NFL QB do this? Wouldn't it be nice to have a QB who can hit the speedy receivers and do other things, like avoid the pass rush and throw downfield?

And our defense did a great job at taking what the VaGiants offense gave them.

The defense was awful, no doubt. But the defense is responsible for the 19, not the 3. I'm tired of having a QB who can win IF the defense plays well and IF Portis goes over 100 yards and IF Moss breaks a couple of huge runs. Mediocrity is getting old.

Archived