Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

Ok can someone tell me how when asked why we aren’t blitzing Greg Williams quotes" We don't want to give up the big play." ??!??! Don’t want to give up the big play? That’s all we’ve been doing! Zero pressure on a NFL quarterback equals big plays.

Man, he said that? That's funny.

I agree most of us are emotionally effed up and pissed...which explains a lot of the posts...and all the Brunell bashing might be a bit meanspirited...but...that doesn't mean it isn't true...Brunell rarely throws the ball over 15 yards in the air...the only reason he gets big pass yards is because of strong YAC by Moss, Cooley and Portis. He has no downfield vision and is again in the rut of only going to 3 guys, the aformentioned Moss, Cooley and Portis. I find it impossible to believe that Randle El and Lloyd are never at all open. These guys are playmakers and Brunell is not giving them a chance to make plays, instread He dumps it off and takes the 4 yard completion. It's time to put Campbell in and give him 11 games to get used to the system and the playmakers and get him set for next year when we could make some noise. I'm sorry but it's true, and it's not just anger over a bad showing.

We just played terrible today. The team did not show up. The offense didn't do anything. The offensive line played like they were tired or something. They couldn't block. We never got into rythem. The defense played like they have every game this year BEND-but-don't-BREAK. They only gave up one TD. I'm dissapointted in this lost but I know we will play better next week.

I hope we play better...we're playing the Titans???

Just answering your question(s). You brought up "40 yd line or better".

Not to beat a dead horse silly, but the Giants did not punt until the 4th qtr. Even after the 2nd Redskin drive was 10 plays long. How much rest do you need?

From the Giants perspective this is precisely how you win games aganst a team with a very good offense when you have a suspect defense. You keep them off of the field. This is probably what the Skins would like to have done, but it's much easier at home when your offense has a better chance of executing.

Some valid points, but to reitterate the offense had its oppurtunities and they accumulated 3 points, what more do you need as a obvious underlining factor as to why we lost...we couldn't put points on the board.

The defense wansn't good either, but when you only give up one touchdown, and they did clamp down in the red zone despite giving up big passing plays, I think alot more rests on the offense going from being extremely vaunted against a stout Jacksonville defense to accumulating 3 points against a defense that had previously giving up 30 and 42 points.

Man, he said that? That's funny.

Obviously he hasn't been paying attention to the some of the games this year.

And to think during the off season this guy was the hottest name out there as a head-coach candidate...wonder if that will be the case this year?

Guest sith lord
Everyone needs to calm down. Save the aggression and remember we're playing the Titans next week. :D

If we beat the titans, big deal.

If you want better time of possesion you need to do better than 3-11 on third down. The defense did not look good at all, but 19 points should not be enough to bet a team with the talent the Redskins have on offense. Something is missing. And in my opinion what is missing is a QB that is not scared to throw the deep ball. Maybe it is that Brunell just can't throw it anymore, but to me he looks scared.

If you want better time of possesion you need to do better than 3-11 on third down. The defense did not look good at all, but 19 points should not be enough to bet a team with the talent the Redskins have on offense. Something is missing. And in my opinion what is missing is a QB that is not scared to throw the deep ball. Maybe it is that Brunell just can't throw it anymore, but to me he looks scared.

BINGO.

We have all those weapons and we can't score more than 3 points against a team that had given up 62 points in two games, thats ridiculous. The defense hasn't been good, but the offense has been piss poor for what it should be.

Nobody played well today, nobody. Don't blame individuals b/c everyone and the coaches just layed down today.

Yeah, yeah, we have a new playbook, but I can't get why after two seasons we don't look more polished. All these position coaches and we constantly look like we're in a "building" mode. these penalties piss me off :mad:

The only player that -consistently- takes it to the house is ST. He has bigger days than others, but I swear he is like a bowling ball tied to a chain tied to a rocket... I never catch him when he isn't flying into somebody(-thing).

I agree most of us are emotionally effed up and pissed...which explains a lot of the posts...and all the Brunell bashing might be a bit meanspirited...but...that doesn't mean it isn't true...Brunell rarely throws the ball over 15 yards in the air...the only reason he gets big pass yards is because of strong YAC by Moss, Cooley and Portis. He has no downfield vision and is again in the rut of only going to 3 guys, the aformentioned Moss, Cooley and Portis. I find it impossible to believe that Randle El and Lloyd are never at all open. These guys are playmakers and Brunell is not giving them a chance to make plays, instread He dumps it off and takes the 4 yard completion. It's time to put Campbell in and give him 11 games to get used to the system and the playmakers and get him set for next year when we could make some noise. I'm sorry but it's true, and it's not just anger over a bad showing.

I agree. I think Mark Brunell is a stand up guy....but it's time to inject JC into the line up just like the Cardnals did with Leinhardtthis week.

We need another spark on offense and if our o-line can't pass protect well on every passing down..at least you know you have a guy who can put it on the ground and move the chains with his feet.

Joe Gibbs is just going to have to make a tough decision and bench mark and bring JC...just like he did last year with benching Ramsey and going with Brunell.

I agree with your post, and I appreciate the level-headedness of your post. For so long as Brunell is the starting QB, I will support him when he plays, because I support the Redskins. But this seems to me like a season of transition, and I would like the transition to start sooner rather than later.

What Sorry Display Of Football!!! The Effort Wasn't There At All!! This Is Just Another Overpaid Overhyped Redskins Team!!!!!!!!!!! The Defense Was Crap!! They Can't Cover, They Can't Blitz Because They Can't Cover, And They Can't Tackle For S&*^!!! Shawn Springs Isn't Going To Be The Answer, He Will Help, But Not The Answer. We Need A Defensive Line That Can Actually Get On The Opponents Side Of The Line.

I think Brian Mitchell said it best on his radio show....

Joe Gibbs is not going to bench Mark Brunell, and won't start Jason Campbell unless Mark Brunell breaks his legs and even than he might try and start him.

We all unfortunately are going to have to deal with it and realize it. Its gone this far and its going to only continue until they have to take him off on a stretcher.

What in the world is going on? That was a terrible game all around. Offense, defense, special teams were all bad. Defense couldn't stop an ant much less Tiki. We have a big problem and it's not just the new offense. The old defense doesn't seem to be effective either. I'm disgusted. Maybe Joe ought to take over the offense again. Simplify things. Or maybe put the young first round draft pick quarterback in there to stretch the defense. Doesn't look like a lot of confidence out there. Something must done or this season is about over.

Archived