Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

I don't understand it's 4 -1 , you're down 16-3 at the Giants 31 yardline it's the third quarter and your running back was averaging about 4 yards a carry...you don'y have enough confidence in your o-line to pound the ball for one yard????!

At some point you have to show some heart and guts and play smash mouth football!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! When I saw Hall come in I thought, "Damn Norv has returned!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't understand it's 4 -1 , you're down 16-3 at the Giants 31 yardline it's the third quarter and your running back was averaging about 4 yards a carry...you don'y have enough confidence in your o-line to pound the ball for one yard????!

At some point you have to show some heart and guts and play smash mouth football!

No question, fellas. Saunders totally outthought himself on that one.

My only guess is that he thought that a pass protection scheme would be less complicated than a run-blocking one with the crowd noise? I know that's reaching but....sigh...I don't know. You got me on that one.

After that drive failed all the Giants had to do was play mistake-free football which is much easier with a 13 point lead at home.

da hell is MB looking so happy????? He should be VERY ANGRY...

sorry... looking 629 (Direct TV) Comcast Sports

He knows he isn't the only one who looked like a piece of trash today, that's why he's happy. I'm tired of hearing how "competitive" this clown is. He doesn't play to win, just tries not to lose. It pisses me off --he doesn't even break a SWEAT and stands around smiling with his hair all neatly combed like he's ready to get back on the bus. I guess that's what it looks like when you take the day off. What was it 109 yards

? Makes me wanna puke.

People are blaming Hall for a game that we lost 16-3. The three indicating that we only scored what he gave us.

Idiots.

I couldn't agree more. The Washington Redskins offense is too potent for blame to rest on John Hall especially when he only missed 1 FG, in a game we were really never competing in. There are no parallels to the Minnesota game here.

yadda yadda yadda "my brunell sucks sig is back look i was right" w/e total BS.

anyone who watched this game with half a brain knows that the entire team just wasn't with it. my frustration in this team lies in the fact that one week we show the heart of a super bowl dynasty, and the next we just seem to come out getting beat at the line, in the open field, missing tackles, etc. i'm sure Gibbs and Co. know it, but our players need to find a way to keep the rhythm and heart that they had from last game going into this one.

Oh now I have heard everything...it's time to see if Chip Lohmiller or Mark Mosely are busy right now...they'd be better than Hall is right now.

That's a tad harsh. That's lashing out at it's worst. How can we blame Hall? He's been money so far this season, he missed one today & one on opening day. I'm not ready to push Hall over the cliff yet.

How many 3 and outs did the offense have....?

There was absolutely no sense of urgency at the start of the second half like other posters have said, and despite great field position (how many times did we start at the 40 yard line or better) we only managed 3 points....

We didn't establish the run, we didn't establish the passing game, ultimately we lost this game, because we tried to rely on the defense scoring for us, which they can't do. :doh:

I don't think we were relying on the defense for anything. Neither of the past two weeks. Or at all this season for that matter (ok, maybe week one).

I think there were 3 three and outs. Two in the 4th quarter when we were down by 13 or more.

The offense never got started past the 37 yard line.

Not sure what happened today. Last to weeks we did outsatnding, coming into a divisional game ou would think we would continue what we have been doing over the past 2 weeks, It worked. This week we did NOTHING!!!!!, No Offense, No Defense, Nothing. Why change the way thing are done just because its a divisional game. Springs is not the issue, first it was because Portis wasn't playing, now it's because Springs isn't playing, bull crap... give the plays back to Gibbs, let him get the job done. We are the highest paid team in the NFL, lets show that we are.....

yadda yadda yadda "my brunell sucks sig is back look i was right" w/e total BS.

anyone who watched this game with half a brain knows that the entire team just wasn't with it. my frustration in this team lies in the fact that one week we show the heart of a super bowl dynasty, and the next we just seem to come out getting beat at the line, in the open field, missing tackles, etc. i'm sure Gibbs and Co. know it, but our players need to find a way to keep the rhythm and heart that they had from last game going into this one.

Mark Brunell didn't turn the ball over, and really the offensive line didn't give him any time, along with the running game being pretty poor today, which certainly didn't help.

As you stated trying to place blame on Mark Brunell for an overrall poor showing by the offense is unjustified in this case.

the d may have given up some big plays, but they only gave up 19 points on the leagues #2 offense!!! This loss is all on the offense. how do you blame anyone but the offense when they score 3 points!! Disgraceful!

Our offense can't get things rolling if the defense doesn't step it up and make some plays when we need them. Third down for example. We are awful on third down.

It seems like Tikki Barber has our number and just runs all over our D. It seems like we were affraid to put a good hit on him.

Also where was the Offense today...I guess with a 700 page play book there was no room left for a couple of screen passes to Portis.

We tried one screen pass on an over aggressive pass rushing defense?????

They obviously did not think they could win this game on the road because they did not play to win but played not to loose!

I am stunned that a coaching staff that is paid so much and reputed to have so much talent and experience cannot prepare a team to play in its division or adequately staff a team for the season. The challenge is not a matter of heart or character. The Redskins are not playoff caliber. The recent acquisions have contributed little on offense and nothing on defense. Coach Gibbs rolled the dice in the off season to acquire someone to take control of the offense for him. Our super-star coaching staff has produced the weakest team in the NFC East. They would do well to begin to prepare a team for 2007.

Here we go. A division rival with one of the worst defenses in the NFL and we can't even show up to play the game. This is the team that doesn't seem to get it. Divisional games are the most important games that we play and we are flat against both so far. What does it take to make these players get it? Where was the offensive line that wore down Jacksonville? Oh, is that the excuse? We had an emotional win last week? So if we win a game we can coast through the next game. There will always be next week. The Deadskins reared their ugly head again and left the Redskins at home. There is no excuse for losing this game. Except for the fact that we try to blitz on defense, don't have anyone that can get to the QB on the blitz and leave the middle WIDE open for long gains. And we wonder why we don't get any respect. It has to be earned and two good games during the season won't do it. A record of 2 and 3 in the NFC East with 2 divisional losses. Well, keep crying about no respect and keep this under-achieving crew doing the same things that keep them losing games. Sorry folks but as long as Brunell keeps spasing out in the back field we will continue this inconsistent offense. The defense can't blitz and get to the QB to avoid the long play right over the middle. Do we not have the personnel to get the job done or do we just need to quit blitzing completely? If you don't have the secondary to cover then don't blitz. This was a very embarassing display of sub-mediocrity. The press was even starting to come around and talk positively about the Redskins. Then we show them what we are made of. Give me a friggin' break.

Archived