Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

Took a big step backwards today. :(

Don't know why they changed things this week. The last 2 weeks were outstanding. Why change the way what what they have done over the past 2 weeks. No shots down field, No rushing the QB, No pressure on the Offense, it was like they expected the game to be handed to them. Go back to the way they played the last 2 weeks, it work.

Stat o' the Day

Of top 5 Redskin tacklers, 4 Skins' secondary personnel and Lemar

Of top 5 NYG tacklers, one DE and 2 LBs.

It's WHERE you make the tackle...

==========================

Banned by ExtremeSkins.com

===========================

O-line couldn't block for portis, and they sure as hell couldn't open up holes for him.

Even in shotgun formation, a 3 man rush still gets to Brunell. At first I thought he held on too long, and then I saw how easily they got around our o-line, it's just sickening. Half a second and there's a Giant in Brunell's face. Can't throw anything deep if your recievers haven't crossed the line of scrimmage yet, Bugel needs to whip the line into shape.

And Greg Williams needs to figure out why our team is crippled over Shawn Springs' injury, especially when Williams ADMITTED that he had to choose between stopping the run and stopping the pass because of Springs' injury. This can't happen to a team. One player, other than a QB, should shut down the team all by himself.

I don't think it's Brunell's fault, although he wasn't perfect. He can still throw a bullet when someone has a chance, but if Portis can't run then Brunell won't find anybody even remotely open.

AMEN!!!! Springs is good but he is not Ronnie Lott or LT in his prime...he is not going to suddenly turn this "D" into a Top-5 "D" by himself...the other 10 guys have to pick it up too. It's going to take time for Springs to get back into the flow of things...by then the season may already be a lost cause. (If things don't turn around soon it will be a lost cause).

Shawn Springs return = 1 good player added, and 1 crappy player removed. Don't you think that might help the secondary just a little bit? :doh: Better secondary means more blitzing, which means more turnovers. So...why isn't he important again? :2cents:

I wish there was football to talk about. I have been talking about football, problem is there ain't much to talk about. Exaclty how many was can you say "that sucked"?

How about making a banner that shows how pathetic our defense is.Their offense owned us today its hard for a qb to play well when hes on the bench.

Did you even watch the game. Because just about the only ones who doesn't deserve a lot of citicism are Portis, Cooley, and the WR's who never got a shot at the ball.

Pretty much. Ridiculous lack of urgency, heart, care at all from this whole team today. No team effort at all today. Just pathetic.

[

And Greg Williams needs to figure out why our team is crippled over Shawn Springs' injury, especially when Williams ADMITTED that he had to choose between stopping the run and stopping the pass because of Springs' injury.

QUOTE]

We didn't shut down the run or the pass.

I don't understand it. The whole team just did not try hard enough. No sense of urgency. No heart. We knew that the Giants are weak against the no-huddle. We were outcoached but given the Giants had two week to prepare I'll forgive the coaches. However, the players played scared. Why?
I agree, what were they thinking, that the Giants would just give them the game. The past 2 weeks they were outsatnding, this week, Nothing. No pressure, No shots down field, nothing.

Gibbs got outcoached. I'm sorry, but you have to go for it on 4th and 1, when you're down 3-16 late in the 3rd quarter. I'm serious, we won't win a SB under Gibbs again.

Completely agree. Especially the way we were moving the ball and of course the way THEY were:doh:

I felt coaching was a huge part of the loss today. No pressure( Why Gregg why?), we had a few poorly called 3rd down plays, Moss wasn't involved at all:laugh:....i mean at least do the screen play.

Also are O Line...obviously we can't win if they don't play good.

and the D...do i need to say anything?:doh: :doh: :doh: :mad:

How about making a banner that shows how pathetic our defense is.Their offense owned us today its hard for a qb to play well when hes on the bench.

Because its like this, when we are out of contention in our division we need to start planning for next year. Going 0-2 in the division is not gonna get us into the playoffs.

O-Line was absent. Defense tackled like they did 3 years ago (horribly), Corner play is awful (Springs....COMEBACK). Coaching was way too damn conservative. FGA on the 4th and goal in the 3rd quarter...RIDICULOUS. Absolutely no pressure from the D-line...Carter needs to earn his $$$$.

We need consistency from 2 parts of our team the rest of the season 1)O-Line 2)Corner/DB play. We wont win without that. Brunell got happy feet again today and looked uncomfortable (again, thanks O-line). Overall, pretty frustrating. A tough day for Skins fans. Our seasons are ALWAYS up and down. Lets just get a big win at FEDEX and then handle the Colts at home. Keep the faith ES!

my post game comments:

the only thing i liked about our team today was when Marcus Washington tipped that pass and mocked Lavar's celebration to his tipped pass.

And when Hall missed the field goal, I don't even understand why we would be kicking there anyway. We had one yard to go, and we should have been going for it. That was weak, and WAY too conservative.

I hate that damn stadium so much with all of those damn shadows everywhere and the crappy field. I HATE THE EFFING GIANTS! I EFFING HATE LAVAR AND BROWN AND HORSE TOOTHED BARBER AND GAP TOOTHED STRAHAN!!!!!!!!

Archived