Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game thread: Skins at Giants.

Art

This team needs to be shaken up. It's not a talent issue especially not on offense. There really isn't an excuse for the defense to consistently miss tackles and get no pressure. The team was going through the motions today, sleep-walking. The offensive line wasn't getting any push (we know they can do it, we saw the game against the Jaguars). It's all about desire. The team has to want it, coaches and players on down. I saw a team today that really didn't want it.

I don't understand it. The whole team just did not try hard enough. No sense of urgency. No heart. We knew that the Giants are weak against the no-huddle. We were outcoached but given the Giants had two week to prepare I'll forgive the coaches. However, the players played scared. Why?

we just can't win at that damn place. I hope it burns to the ground. Aren't they building a new stadium?

Shawn Springs return = 1 good player added, and 1 crappy player removed. Don't you think that might help the secondary just a little bit? :doh: Better secondary means more blitzing, which means more turnovers. So...why isn't he important again? :2cents:

the problem is that it isn't just one crappy player that needs to be removed there are at least 3 who haven't done a thing all-year. 1) Carter, 2) AA 3) Warrick...if it was just Wright doing a bad job then great but right now the D just looks badly out of sync.

Shawn Springs return = 1 good player added, and 1 crappy player removed. Don't you think that might help the secondary just a little bit? :doh: Better secondary means more blitzing, which means more turnovers. So...why isn't he important again? :2cents:

The point is Shawn Springs is a good corner but ultimately he can't cover the entire field, and with the lackluster cover ability of the rest of the secondary it won't matter all that much.

The obvious fact that we are placing so much faith in one player when the defense is a collection of players just shows how ridiculous it is to think on the drop a hat we will be a dominant defense again....it takes a team effort, no one player is going to turn this defense completely around, the whole team needs to help itself to do that.

How about making a banner that shows how pathetic our defense is.Their offense owned us today its hard for a qb to play well when hes on the bench.

Well, completing passes & making smart decisions will keep that bench-riding qb on the field longer.

I see alot of people are laying into the defense, but how many times did the offense have oppurtunities with great field position...? IMO the offense should definitely take the brunt of the scrutiny this week, because they only put 3 points on the board, and what do you expect from the defense when they are on the field for 5 to 6 minutes at a time because the offense cant mount a decent drive to give the defense any sort of breather.

When the offense only has SEVEN possessions down 16 with about 3 minutes to go..

When the defense forces only TWO punts - both in the 4th quarter.

This loss is about 65-75% on the defense and mostly on the defensive line. THE KEY TO WINNING ROAD GAMES IS GOOD LINE PLAY! NOT THE PLAY OF THE SKILL PLAYERS!

Any blame the offense takes is on the LINE. Absolute momentum killers on at least two drives.

The rest os on shoddy special teams. Quite unspecial today.

[

And Greg Williams needs to figure out why our team is crippled over Shawn Springs' injury, especially when Williams ADMITTED that he had to choose between stopping the run and stopping the pass because of Springs' injury.

QUOTE]

We didn't shut down the run or the pass.

Springs hasn't played all year, we did great the past 2 weeks. Not sure what they were thinking this week. Nothing. Just there to collect a paycheck for the week.

This one hurts. . .we came in with some momentum. Aside from Cooley on offense and Washington on defense we didn't show *anything*.

OK maybe the offense is going to stutter first half of this season, but where has our defense gone??

Big step backwards. They need to shake this one out of their system and get some fire in their bellies to drive this season forward.

my post game comments:

the only thing i liked about our team today was when Marcus Washington tipped that pass and mocked Lavar's celebration to his tipped pass.

And when Hall missed the field goal, I don't even understand why we would be kicking there anyway. We had one yard to go, and we should have been going for it. That was weak, and WAY too conservative.

I hate that damn stadium so much with all of those damn shadows everywhere and the crappy field. I HATE THE EFFING GIANTS! I EFFING HATE LAVAR AND BROWN AND HORSE TOOTHED BARBER AND GAP TOOTHED STRAHAN!!!!!!!!

no doubt yo that stadium was ****in quiet..no wonder our whole team was so down..when theres a crowd, even though its not yours, somehow it still adds life to a team..**** the giants, and their fans..especially LaVar:gaintsuck

yeah and um..screw the playoffs. i know its a bit early to say this but the titans i think we'll beat..then the colts, cowboys, eagles, bucs, panthers, falcons, then the eagles again...we're going doooownn..

the skins stunk that game..critics, n everyone else also predicted us over the giants..freakin 3 points, and after a win over the jags...how can u lose to the giants? sighes..its gonna be a long week

I knew we were done when we let them march down the filed from the two yard line late in the first half. Actually the one yard line after the half the distance false start penalty. To let Barber go 10 yards up the middle of the D from the 1 yard line is inexcusable. Greg Williams is not anywhere near as aggressive in his schemes and play calling as he was last season. This team is very inconsistant.

i wanna break my computer, my tv, my neck....................looks like i getta fake like i'm happy for another week and act like i like being alive

me in a nutshell. When we lose I seldom show up here the following week and avoid sports radio altogether. God, please let the Cardinals kick the Padres' ass and bring a bit of happiness in my life. :)

Terrible performance. Getting worried about what the Colts and Eagles offences are going to do to our shocking D. The only upside is that we play the Titans next week and they suck - should be a close one!

titans only los tto the colts by one. i dont feel like this is a bye week. if anything good can come of this loss, it's that it'll hopefully spark a fire in our bellies.

We CAN NOT lose in the NFC anymore

I don't understand it's 4 -1 , you're down 16-3 at the Giants 31 yardline it's the third quarter and your running back was averaging about 4 yards a carry...you don'y have enough confidence in your o-line to pound the ball for one yard????!

At some point you have to show some heart and guts and play smash mouth football!

When the offense only has SEVEN possessions down 16 with about 3 minutes to go..

When the defense forces only TWO punts - both in the 4th quarter.

This loss is about 65-75% on the defense and mostly on the defensive line. THE KEY TO WINNING ROAD GAMES IS GOOD LINE PLAY! NOT THE PLAY OF THE SKILL PLAYERS!

Any blame the offense takes is on the LINE. Absolute momentum killers on at least two drives.

The rest os on shoddy special teams. Quite unspecial today.

How many 3 and outs did the offense have....?

There was absolutely no sense of urgency at the start of the second half like other posters have said, and despite great field position (how many times did we start at the 40 yard line or better) we only managed 3 points....

We didn't establish the run, we didn't establish the passing game, ultimately we lost this game, because we tried to rely on the defense scoring for us, which they can't do. :doh:

Archived