Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did We Intentionally Lay Down For Minnesota?

RiggoReincarnated

As I was driving to work this morning, I thought that there is a good chance Gibbs told some of his key players that we don't want to lay it all on the line for Minnesota, and if we win that would be great but we don't want to look dominant at this point in the season.

Why? We have the Cowboys at Dallas this week, a tough win by any standards. The genius of losing to Minnesota is that the Cowboys and the rest of the league underestimates us, and we are the decided underdogs.

While losing to Minnesota hurts temporarily, in the long run its the divisional games that are much more important to win. This could all very well be part of the Master Plan.

I'm just saying, in this league of parity you have to use mental strategy to make the playoffs.

If we had beaten Minnesota, the Cowboys would have had all the mental variables working in their favor on their home turf.

Now we are just as desperate as they are for that win, and if we even up at 1-1 we will be in better shape then we would have been by beating Minnesota and then losing to Dallas.

I'm just saying, in this league of parity you have to use mental strategy to make the playoffs.

If we had beaten Minnesota, the Cowboys would have had all the mental variables working in their favor on their home turf.

Now we are just as desperate as they are for that win, and if we even up at 1-1 we will be in better shape then we would have been by beating Minnesota and then losing to Dallas.

I understand what you're saying man, but the answer is no. Gibbs' teams do not lay down they know what was at stake when the Giants and Cowboys lost they had a chance to make a clear statment to the league that they are one of the teams to reckon with in the NFC east.

Not the Dallas Cowboys which everyone for the life of me has fallen in love with and the Skins did not get the job done. In matter of fact in a sense they prove the doubters point now if they go to Dallas and win which I think they have a very good chance of doing. It will take away that lost to the Vikings.

He may have eased off the gas once the game was secured, but really at the end of the season a win against Minnesota matters just as much as a win against Dallas, except in terms of tiebreaks. Additionally, who cares if Dallas has all the mental advantages. That doesn't matter one bit. You think Dallas is going to fall asleep and forget the drubbing we gave them last year that booted them from the playoff chase?If we're better we win. If the refs cheat they win.

both of you need to raise or lower the dosage of whatever you're on :laugh:

:laugh: You think so naw , I know what he is trying to say but if you read the rest of statement I said no Gibbs team layed down .. I didn't believe in his theory even though I understood what he was trying to say.

RR, with all due respect, that is the most ludicrous thing I've ever read on this board. Given that this was a conference game, this loss could come back to hurt us near the end of the season when you consider tie-breakers for playoff seeding. Are you Steve Czaban?

As I was driving to work this morning, I thought that there is a good chance Gibbs told some of his key players that we don't want to lay it all on the line for Minnesota, and if we win that would be great but we don't want to look dominant at this point in the season.

Why? We have the Cowboys at Dallas this week, a tough win by any standards. The genius of losing to Minnesota is that the Cowboys and the rest of the league underestimates us, and we are the decided underdogs.

While losing to Minnesota hurts temporarily, in the long run its the divisional games that are much more important to win. This could all very well be part of the Master Plan.

So when we finish 10-6 and needed to be 11-5 to make the wild card, will Gibbs be fired?

You have got to be kidding me. Every game is important when there are only 16 of them. You need to win as many as you possibly can. Any competitor wants to win each time they touch the field, and if they don't they likely won't last long in a professional league.

Archived