Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did We Intentionally Lay Down For Minnesota?

RiggoReincarnated

Shoot yourself.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just burst out laughing when I read this post and almost got caught reading a Redskins message board at work!

So funny, and so necessary, too!

Please guys, tone down the humor! You are going to get me fired if I laugh out loud like that again!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As I was driving to work this morning, I thought that there is a good chance Gibbs told some of his key players that we don't want to lay it all on the line for Minnesota, and if we win that would be great but we don't want to look dominant at this point in the season.

Why? We have the Cowboys at Dallas this week, a tough win by any standards. The genius of losing to Minnesota is that the Cowboys and the rest of the league underestimates us, and we are the decided underdogs.

While losing to Minnesota hurts temporarily, in the long run its the divisional games that are much more important to win. This could all very well be part of the Master Plan.

No offense brother, but that is the same thing people have been saying since preseason. The fact is, we are not gelling quite yet. Next week is going to be a hard fought game. I personally think we are going lose. If we cannot step it up at home, there is no way we are going to recive another miracle in Big D. Hopefully I am wrong. Our road record has been attrocious for years. I personally think our players are not inspired for some reason. They have been yucking it up since preseason and kind of half @ssing everything. We need the "5 in a row, or we dont go" mentality again. I hope we can bring it this week.:2cents:

No excuses or nefarious reasons for the loss.

We were inconsistent on defense.

The kicking game (punts, kickoffs) was gosh awful. Why can't we find some fella on the planet that can kick a soccer ball 200 yards and teach him to kick a football for 100 yards every time. After that game, I think (with one or two exceptions) the Vikings had the ball on better than the twenty most of the time. If you kick it out of the stadium end every time you punt or kickoff, no one gets hurt, they don't score, and we actually gain field position. If you need a short punt, design a play to stretch the defense deep and have Brunell throw it directly to a safety, and our guys tackle him by design.

A Brunell run passing offense (without a strong running game) is good to carry the game for maybe 4 games a season. This one wasnt one of them.

Injuries have depleted the ranks.

Peace

As I was driving to work this morning, I thought that there is a good chance Gibbs told some of his key players that we don't want to lay it all on the line for Minnesota, and if we win that would be great but we don't want to look dominant at this point in the season.

Why? We have the Cowboys at Dallas this week, a tough win by any standards. The genius of losing to Minnesota is that the Cowboys and the rest of the league underestimates us, and we are the decided underdogs.

While losing to Minnesota hurts temporarily, in the long run its the divisional games that are much more important to win. This could all very well be part of the Master Plan.

The genius of losing to Minnesota = Backwards logic = Nonsense

Now do you REALLY THINK that this team would lay down because of the cowboy's the next game? Do you not realize that Dallas lost it's first game and was swept by us LAST YEAR? If anything we should have come out and BLOWN the Vikings away to if anything else intimidate the Cowboys, I mean they lost to a playoff caliber team, we lost to Capt Stubbing and the Love Boat crew....... :D

WHAT?

The home opener on Monday night on national TV with the mediots already hating on us......

This would be funny if he diddnt really beleive it.

We all need to wake up. Things need to get better and soon, an 0-4 pre-season in which the defense only had fleeting moments of looking good, the rest of the time the team just stunk up whatever field it was on. Now losing the home opener on Monday night to a team you should beat (Brad Johnson had 127 passing yards on 3rd down, most of them 3rd and long, they converted 9 of 17 that is better than 50%) this has the potential to be a very long season.

Sheesh.:doh:

I believe that the objective of Game 1, was to win the game without having to open too much of our playbook on offense. If you watched Sunday's game like I did, it seemed as if we were using last year's offensive playbook to do battle against the Vikings.

In my opinion, we didn't adequately utilize the strengths of our offensive personnel. For example, I find it hard to believe that Fred Smoot is capable of shutting down completely Brandon Lloyd, even though the statistics "suggests" he did. If were going to take advantage of this match-up, we would tested Smoot's leaping ability against Brandon's in the redzone. Another offensive aspect I found puzzling, was the frequency of stretch plays called for Ladell Betts. We all know from last year that Ladell is a more formidable inside runner than he is an outside. Yet, this was how Betts was used with minimal success.

To me the true measure of how much emphasis was placed upon this game, is based on what and who we didn't see. We didn't see any 4-wide sets in this game. We didn't see TJ Duckett or David Patten at all. We did see something in this game though reminiscent of early last year, and that is that our offense takes it's foot off the pedal once it takes the lead in a game. This habit needs to be broken!!

Bartender, I'll have what that gentleman is having.

I'm just saying, in this league of parity you have to use mental strategy to make the playoffs.

If we had beaten Minnesota, the Cowboys would have had all the mental variables working in their favor on their home turf.

Now we are just as desperate as they are for that win, and if we even up at 1-1 we will be in better shape then we would have been by beating Minnesota and then losing to Dallas.

I'm sure the Cowboys would have had all the "mental variables" in their favor either way after what we did to them last year

Best response right here....and in case no one saw it....

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

The pre-season is a possible practice tool...but no NFL coach..especially a Hall of Fame, 3time superbowl winning coach is ever going to "lay down" or throw a regular season game to psyche out other teams or the league out. You can't be serious. You apparently just need attention and you got 5+ pages of it. feel better?

The pre-season is a possible practice tool...but no NFL coach..especially a Hall of Fame, 3time superbowl winning coach is ever going to "lay down" or throw a regular season game to psyche out other teams or the league out. You can't be serious. You apparently just need attention and you got 5+ pages of it. feel better?

Look man. The season is a distance marathon...have to pace yourself and take mental preparation as key.

If we had beaten Minnesota, we would feel not as much urgency to beat Dallas as we do now.

That's the genius of Gibbs.

Archived