Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did We Intentionally Lay Down For Minnesota?

RiggoReincarnated

Riggo, aren't you the one who wanted all the players to have to kiss Gibbs' rings?

Edit: Yep, that gem is right here.

:doh: Dear God! That is horrific! :laugh:

RIGGO: Please realize, at some point, that not every thought that pops into your head HAS to be voiced. I'm sure every one of us has had fleeting thought like that. But rationale takes over & you realize that what you are thinking can only exist in your mind. It is not only not probably that Joe Gibbs would purposely lose ANYTHING for ANY reason, it is not possible. Please, in the future, think before you post.

I think that Gibbs' goal was to win a close one...we could have put Minnesota away but I think he told the players the win needed to be close so Dallas would underestimate us again this year and not have the mental edge at home.

The strategy obviously backfired though, because Minnesota was tougher then expected. Still though, we could have won by at least 14 if we wanted.

Okay fellas, it is official, call the men in white coats. We need a medium jacket and a secure room, somebody get his shoelaces.

:laugh: :doh: After some of the other crazy threads I've read, I had a fleeting thought that someone would eventually come up with this thread.

Maybe if it was baseball and there were 162 games, like the yankees laying down for a game against the Devil Rays before blowing out the Red Sox.

Wow, dude. :doh: :doh:

As I was driving to work this morning, I thought that there is a good chance Gibbs told some of his key players that we don't want to lay it all on the line for Minnesota, and if we win that would be great but we don't want to look dominant at this point in the season.

Why? We have the Cowboys at Dallas this week, a tough win by any standards. The genius of losing to Minnesota is that the Cowboys and the rest of the league underestimates us, and we are the decided underdogs.

While losing to Minnesota hurts temporarily, in the long run its the divisional games that are much more important to win. This could all very well be part of the Master Plan.

Yeah right, no way in hell Gibbs is going to let Smoot and Johnson come back to a franchise that gave them to boot and let them walk away with a victory. Gibbs has way too much pride to let a team win, get real.

Now this is a great idea. Not only did Gibbs "lay down" in preseason, but he gave away week one - a prime time home game - just to have an advantage over the Cowboys. Hell, why not tank the first 15 games? That week 16 opponent will sure be caught by surprise!

As I was driving to work this morning, I thought that there is a good chance Gibbs told some of his key players that we don't want to lay it all on the line for Minnesota, and if we win that would be great but we don't want to look dominant at this point in the season.

Why? We have the Cowboys at Dallas this week, a tough win by any standards. The genius of losing to Minnesota is that the Cowboys and the rest of the league underestimates us, and we are the decided underdogs.

While losing to Minnesota hurts temporarily, in the long run its the divisional games that are much more important to win. This could all very well be part of the Master Plan.

Im wondering if Gibbs did this on the grassy knoll in front of Dealey Plaza...

The Vikes game is history we need to move on.

:cheers:

Archived