Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh my, Cowboys fans are going to invade Training Camp!

[[ghost]]

Quote from thread stater Danny White: All D.C. area Cowboys fans...Last year, we had our first annual visit to Redsk*ns Training Camp in Ashburn, VA to check out the enemy. The trip was so successful and the response so overwhelming that I thought I'd see if people are interested in going again this year.

Yeah, the trip was so successful that we swept them last year and gave them the biggest beat down we've ever given them. Let 'em come, I have no idea why they would want to, but far be it for me to try to figure out what goes on in the heads of Cowboy fans.

Going to another teams training camp???!??!?!?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH...too funny.

What a great life! I guess thats your life as a Cowboy fan. People TAKING OFF WORK to go watch the Redskins training camp!??!?!?!??!

MUAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!

Hopefully they were dumb enough to buy Me-O jerseys...and better yet - wear them!

Seriously though....If i lived near Oxnard Cal and wanted to see some foot ball I might swing by just for the sake of doing it...but organizing an Entourage to do it is a bit much.

Yeah, the trip was so successful that we swept them last year and gave them the biggest beat down we've ever given them. Let 'em come, I have no idea why they would want to, but far be it for me to try to figure out what goes on in the heads of Cowboy fans.

Ah, come on, by successful I'd assume they meant they had fun. I mean, that's what football's about, having fun watching football. I don't see why people are making a big deal out of them going to training camp, who cares. And I doubt they think it has any affect on the season. To say there visit was unsuccessful because we swept them is a little silly. I'm sure all he meant was it was a good time.

Seriously though....If i lived near Oxnard Cal and wanted to see some foot ball I might swing by just for the sake of doing it...but organizing an Entourage to do it is a bit much.

The basic message - outlined in the very first post - is "Hey, I'm heading over to Skins TC Aug 2. If anyone else was planning on it, we can meet up, and maybe grab a beer."

No entourage is planned. :laugh: I think about three of us are planning on going.

Absolutely NOTHING useful can be gleened from the goings on at training camp. If there was anything the opponents could actually use against them going on, the practice/camp would be closed. :rolleyes:

Not sure why you added the rolled-eyes, as though I were insinuating that by going to an opponents training camp, there'd be some element of "scouting." If that came across, which I don't think it did, then you mistake my meaning. I meant only that it's cool to get to see your team play football--and if you can't see your own team, then it's probably fun to check out what's going on with your heated rival.

By no means would any fan observer see the chinks in the armor of the rival, but I'm sure it's entertaining to see how T.O. is interacting with the rest of the team by actually being there instead of just hearing about it second hand. And I think that's the kind of thing that makes these trips fun for those involved, be them 'Boys fans at 'Skins camp or vice versa. The camps provide a live, personal opportunity to see superstar athletes playing football for free--which isn't an opportunity that presents itself except at significant cost during the season.

In any case, this is really much ado about nothing.

Pretty sad that theres enough Dallas fans in DC to even get a group together to go to this.

I lived in San Antonio for awhile and there are alot of Redskins fans that live in Texas too.They used to have a parade before the Dallas -Redskins game at Dallas back in the day.

:dallasuck :dallasuck

Not sure why you added the rolled-eyes, as though I were insinuating that by going to an opponents training camp, there'd be some element of "scouting." If that came across, which I don't think it did, then you mistake my meaning. I meant only that it's cool to get to see your team play football--and if you can't see your own team, then it's probably fun to check out what's going on with your heated rival.

By no means would any fan observer see the chinks in the armor of the rival, but I'm sure it's entertaining to see how T.O. is interacting with the rest of the team by actually being there instead of just hearing about it second hand. And I think that's the kind of thing that makes these trips fun for those involved, be them 'Boys fans at 'Skins camp or vice versa. The camps provide a live, personal opportunity to see superstar athletes playing football for free--which isn't an opportunity that presents itself except at significant cost during the season.

I have actually extended the olive branch to this group to see if they want to meet up with the ES group at the TC. IT might be interesting to actually talk with your rival, to see their take on things (granted that they aren't being overly homerish). Whether someone likes another team or not, I always give them a chance to see how they are as a person. IF they are a jackas.... fine... move on. But we may have more in common than meets the eye.

I really laughed at the original quote, but I get the feeling he's their version of P42.

I looked at that site for the first time yesterday and saw that thread....at first, I thought that guy was P42!! :laugh:

I agree....with the exception of some, it sounded more like a "Hey, it's football, we are close, let's go check it out."

No big deal and more power to em.

I have actually extended the olive branch to this group to see if they want to meet up with the ES group at the TC. IT might be interesting to actually talk with your rival, to see their take on things (granted that they aren't being overly homerish). Whether someone likes another team or not, I always give them a chance to see how they are as a person. IF they are a jackas.... fine... move on. But we may have more in common than meets the eye.

pez the peacemaker....you that man!! :D

One thing I will say though....I know we have our Cowgirl hating threads over here...it is a must sometimes....BUT...it seems there are quite a few folks over there that are more worried about us here at ES than their own team!

IMHO, now is the time to concentrate on your team and training camps and such. I think it says something that a lot of them aren't!

Good point. IHS. Its still fun to make fun of them though! That baseketball joke was pretty funny. I have to admit, I would love to see T.O interact with his new "friends". Hopefully the turmoil is starting up.

That's pretty much it.

My commute takes me past Redskins Park every day, and so once a year during training camp I'll stop by to check out our #1 rival and get some early season football-fix.

Last year I thought it'd be fun to see if any other CowboysZone members wanted to join me, and a couple did and then we grabbed a beer at Dominion. It's really not that big of a deal or any big conspiracy.

The "scouting" stuff is clearly a joke... although if Parcells contacts me and wants me to take some pictures for him, I'll try to oblige. ;)

Obviously, my intent is not to cause trouble. As I mentioned in the thread, not only are you outnumbered at least 100-1 at training camp, it's also not my style. Those suggesting that they'll come to throw eggs are most probably joking, I'd suppose. And if they're serious, I can't imagine they'd get more than one or two eggs off before they got the snot beat out of them. :D

Anyway, I think some people are reading way too much into this. I'd submit that if you were a Redskins fan who lived down the street from Cowboys training camp, you'd probably do the same if you really love football.

Cheers. :cheers:

Worst Poster ... EVER! :)

Honestly, if I lived in Dallas(never happen) and didn't have an opportunity to watch my skins, I would probabaly try to get my fix by going to Cowgirlz camp. If for nothing else, than to be the best looking guy around. ;)

You know its funny. I read that thread on the Cowpukes message board. From the way it sounds, you would think THEY SWEPT us last year. I guess in the screwed up mind of a Cowpukes fan...they actually THINK they did. I guess thats just the aggroant nature of a Cowpuke fan.....

Oh..and I love how they are too scared to wear their cowboys jerseys...lol Reminds me of this kid at Redskins Beach Blitz, at the convention center, that actually wore his Cowpukes jersey. He's lucky hes a kid. I am sure a few harsher words would have been said if he was an adult. I loved it though, when he went through line to get autorgraphs, I am trying to remember which player it was, I think it was Joe Salave'a, said, "You want me to sign that thing so it will look better? " :laugh:

I live in Bethlehem, PA where the Eagles hold training camp (10 minutes from my house) and I have absolutely no desire to watch them practice. I'd rather put needles in my eyes than sit there among Eagles fans watching Donovan and company run drills. Plus, do I really want to see Andy Reid up-close and in-person? No.

Just my thoughts as a Redskins fan living in enemy territory.

It doesn't seem much different from a Redskin fan perusing a Cowboy website to me.

Actually, its quite different.

Attending training camp in an effort to "scout" the opposing team makes little to no sense. What are the chances that the plays Gibbs will run during Open Practices end up being used during games? Meanwhile, logging into a Rival's Forum allows me to dicuss the rivalry with them, see their point of view on topics, and to catch up with some cowboys news. I'm not proud of it, but curiosity just gets the best of me.

Yep. I'll PM you and anyone else who's going to make it when we get closer to the day and we can work out a secret handshake (or exchange cell numbers) so we can find eachother once there. It can get very crowded.

Too bad Unsonny already let us in on the "secret handshake" you'll be using. It aint gonna be THAT crowded! :laugh:

You know, people can be fans of their team, as well as be fans of the game. Hell, every year I drop by a preseason game at FedEx just to watch football live. You can get cheap tickets off of Ebay and its always fun to watch football live.

For people to think anything else is absolutly crazy, Dallas fans being there has no effect on how the game is played, it has no bearing on the outcome of future games and fans probally don't have enough knowledge to see anything of true value.

As a fan of the sport I like to see how my rivals are practicing and who looks good, who is a suprise and who is a bust. It also gives you better knowledge about your rival so you can speak intelligently about them instead of make stuff up.

]']Actually' date=' its quite different.

Attending training camp in an effort to "scout" the opposing team makes little to no sense. [/quote']

And a Redskin fan perusing a Cowboy fan website makes little to no sense. That's why, to me, the two don't seem much different.

As a fan of the sport I like to see how my rivals are practicing and who looks good, who is a suprise and who is a bust. It also gives you better knowledge about your rival so you can speak intelligently about them instead of make stuff up.

Good point. I like to see what is happening with all the teams in the NFL, as I do not want to be a homer or an uneducated fan. However, I'd rather sit in my Redskins Room watching the NFL network report on training camps than attend any of my rivals' traing camps. I do enjoy attending/watching preseason games and scrimmages, as I can get in my fix for football until the season officially starts.

I'd like to see any Cowboy jersey wearing fan be turned away at the gate....Sorry this is Redskins Training Camp

We're respectful enough to not wear jerseys, for that very reason.

Plus, they're sooooooooo good looking.

Wouldn't want to spark any jealousy. ;)

"I'm gonna talking to gramps and Uncle Butkis ta see if they can go?

Uncle Butkis works at a poletrey farm so we'll has plenty of eggs to hit them Deadskin players and they ugly fans with once the frackas starts up.

The big problem is the pickup use a lots of gas and with the prices being so high it may be a tough spot unless I get lucky playing cards or rolling bones"

Wow, i really hope this is a joke :laugh:

Archived