Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh my, Cowboys fans are going to invade Training Camp!

[[ghost]]

If you haven't gotten it yet, you never will.

Actually, I have. While most of the people at cowboyszone.com are probably joking around about "scouting," it still seems borderline insane to go to a rival's training camp WITH THE INTENTION OF SABOTAGE. Why bother going to another team's camp to pick fights? While I have no problem with those people who will attend our training camp, just for the hell of it, I do think it is illogical to "raid" our Camp.

]']Actually' date=' I have. While most of the people at cowboyszone.com are probably joking around about "scouting," it still seems borderline insane to go to a rival's training camp WITH THE INTENTION OF SABOTAGE. Why bother going to another team's camp to pick fights? While I have no problem with those people who will attend our training camp, just for the hell of it, I do think it is illogical to "raid" our Camp.[/quote']

Not "most".

All.

Noone is serious. It is an opportunity for some of us that live in the area, to actually meet each other.

Football > No Football.

You're reading way too much into a perfectly innocent quip. Hell, we started making jokes about it almost immediately. I think, in this case, reading a little further might have saved you a good rant. :)

Not "most".

All.

Noone is serious. It is an opportunity for some of us that live in the area, to actually meet each other.

Football > No Football.

You're reading way too much into a perfectly innocent quip. Hell, we started making jokes about it almost immediately. I think, in this case, reading a little further might have saved you a good rant. :)

Spizzunk, who are you on that board?

Spizzunk, who are you on that board?

superpunk.

I registered under that name here, but then somehow I screwed up the confirmation email thing, so I made a new one.

I know, I know, Cowboys fans are retarded. :silly:

But at least we can go about 40 posts comparing cookies to forms of government.

Top that. :D

To wear your opposing fan gear to a training camp is just plain obnoxious but I agree with IHS here. Just a little tounge and cheek fun talk, nothing to get worked up about. If I had the time and lived close by, I would attend my rivals camp just because I love football.

HA! I knew you were a closet Skins fan. You live in Silver Spring, if you are a cowboys fan you DO live near your rivals training camp, i.e. Ashburn!

j/k :silly:

superpunk.

I registered under that name here, but then somehow I screwed up the confirmation email thing, so I made a new one.

Funny. I almost had a feeling that was you.:laugh:

We're respectful enough to not wear jerseys, for that very reason.

Plus, they're sooooooooo good looking.

Wouldn't want to spark any jealousy. ;)

WHO doesn't wear jerseys? I have seen PLENTY of Cowboys jerseys at TC. And I gaurantee there will be some this year. I have never seen anyone turned away from coming to TC, for ANY reason.

WHO doesn't wear jerseys? I have seen PLENTY of Cowboys jerseys at TC. And I gaurantee there will be some this year. I have never seen anyone turned away from coming to TC, for ANY reason.

I know that wouldn't happen. I was joking. :D

superpunk.

You need to spend more time in the tailgate section... you will be overwhelmed by some of the stuf in there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You need to spend more time in the tailgate section... you will be overwhelmed by some of the stuf in there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of.....I need to buy tix for the game in Nov. I want to see our huge victory firsthand.:) Tix are not on sale, right? When do they go on sale? All I can find are ebay, right now.

Guest BIGJoeSalave'a

IMHO, there is nothing wrong to check out the opponents Training Camp.

If it is me, I definitely welcome all classy opposing fans.

Actually, if the Cowboys fans want to check us out, then it means they are deeply respecting us and maybe even rather afraid of us of sweeping them again this 2006 season.

Lately by visiting CZ regularly, it made me aware that some Cowboys fan are quite classy. The ones that I know are THEHEREAFTER, Vintage, Danny White, some of the CZ mods, and a quite a few more. I think some of the open minded Cowboys fans [THEHEREAFTER, Vintage, Danny White] are aware that we may have made some outstanding acquisitions. I think they want to check out with their own eyes how dangerous our new weapons are.

Edit: They want to witness first hand how well BLloyd, ARE, Andre Carter, and Archuleta interact with other Redskins and how are their stamina, and so on. Plenty of homerific Cowboys fans had underestimated how deadly BLloyd, ARE, Andre Carter and how devastating these new players going to be when we play against Dallas for years to come.

I don't see anything wrong with what these guys are doing.

The Redskins and the Cowboys are heated rivals. Wouldn't you want to get the edge on how the Cowboys are looking in the pre-season and determine how that affects the forthcoming season? I'd say my desire to do that would be stronger if I lived far away from DC, say in Dallas and had the ability to go to the Cowboys camp, but not the 'Skins.

Even more than that, why start a flame war? Posters here engage in much of the same nonsense (i.e., insulting Jerry Jones, Michael Irvin, Bill Parcells ad nauseum), I don't know why it's such a shock that people on a Cowboys message board would do the same thing in respect to the 'Skins.

As long as people are respectful, there's nothing wrong with opposing fans checking out an oppenent's training camp--I'd except to hear the same thing if a 'Skins fan wanted to get a group of people together to go to a Cowboys' training camp.

iheartskins and Henry,

Thank you for posting your thought above.

As the ES mods, both of you shown us the way for being a classy Redskins fan.

Way to go mods!!!

You are an ok guy, Henry.

That's me, btw - with the little brother.

Superpunk, Welcome to ES!!

That's pretty much it.

My commute takes me past Redskins Park every day, and so once a year during training camp I'll stop by to check out our #1 rival and get some early season football-fix.

Last year I thought it'd be fun to see if any other CowboysZone members wanted to join me, and a couple did and then we grabbed a beer at Dominion. It's really not that big of a deal or any big conspiracy.

The "scouting" stuff is clearly a joke... although if Parcells contacts me and wants me to take some pictures for him, I'll try to oblige. wink.gif

Obviously, my intent is not to cause trouble. As I mentioned in the thread, not only are you outnumbered at least 100-1 at training camp, it's also not my style. Those suggesting that they'll come to throw eggs are most probably joking, I'd suppose. And if they're serious, I can't imagine they'd get more than one or two eggs off before they got the snot beat out of them. biggrin.gif

Anyway, I think some people are reading way too much into this. I'd submit that if you were a Redskins fan who lived down the street from Cowboys training camp, you'd probably do the same if you really love football.

Cheers. cheers.gif

Danny White,

Cheers back to you. Welcome to ES.

Judging from some of your posts at CZ, you are definitely a classy Cowboys fan.

IMHO, all open minded Redskins fans who want to show class should welcome your present to our Training Camp in Ashburn.

I have actually extended the olive branch to this group to see if they want to meet up with the ES group at the TC. IT might be interesting to actually talk with your rival, to see their take on things (granted that they aren't being overly homerish). Whether someone likes another team or not, I always give them a chance to see how they are as a person. IF they are a jackas.... fine... move on. But we may have more in common than meets the eye.

Pez, Thank you for your posts in ES and CZ.

You are showing that we have some awesome classy Redskins fans.

Worst Poster ... EVER! smile.gif

Honestly, if I lived in Dallas(never happen) and didn't have an opportunity to watch my skins, I would probabaly try to get my fix by going to Cowgirlz camp. If for nothing else, than to be the best looking guy around. wink.gif

I am assuming [Worst Poster ... EVER! smile.gif] meant a backhanded compliment to Danny White.

I am praising Danny White for being courageous, frank and a classy Cowboys fan.

Speaking of.....I need to buy tix for the game in Nov. I want to see our huge victory firsthand.:) Tix are not on sale, right? When do they go on sale? All I can find are ebay, right now.

Ummm not sure Spizz... I have season tickets, so don't have to worry about getting individual tickets... Just keep an eye out at the normal ticket sites... If they aren't already, tickets should go on sale soon...

Ummm not sure Spizz... I have season tickets, so don't have to worry about getting individual tickets... Just keep an eye out at the normal ticket sites... If they aren't already, tickets should go on sale soon...

Dang.

I've got my eyes open. Ticketmaster has nothing listed, yet. If anyone knows the day, I'd appreciate knowing. The Skins site wasn't that useful. But I would love to score some tickets, and it looks like the ebay folks are whoring people.

Dang.

I've got my eyes open. Ticketmaster has nothing listed, yet. If anyone knows the day, I'd appreciate knowing. The Skins site wasn't that useful. But I would love to score some tickets, and it looks like the ebay folks are whoring people.

Ticketmaster, lol, you won't find them there. You'll have to find them from someone second hand. That whole sold out since the 60s thing :D

Nice to see this kind of give n take. I hope the 'Boys fans realize that we take our digs but it's all in fun. Being a football fan- a fan of the game and not just a team- takes priority, at least we're not talking soccer here! :laugh:

Nice to see this kind of give n take. I hope the 'Boys fans realize that we take our digs but it's all in fun. Being a football fan- a fan of the game and not just a team- takes priority, at least we're not talking soccer here! :laugh:

I agree... My boss is a boys fan, and we digg at each other back and forth, but he is a nice guy, and I look forward to bringing him to the dallas game here. Like all teams however, there are also some who just want to be plain and simple jerks.

Archived