Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sonny says we win 12 or 13 games??

TahoeSkin

Unless the Eagles have a lot injuries again this year, I think we couldbe a better team and still "only" go 10-6 playing in the East. Our in-conference schedule will be brutal. I would be really, really happy with 10-6. Especially if we go 2-0 vs. Dallass in the process, again.

I'd agree. Unless somebody gets bit by the injury bug hard [crosses fingers it's not us] the NFC East is going to really beat each other up.

Ah, just like the good old days.

How could Sonny not predict a 16-0 regular season? He picks his former team to win every week. :koolaid:

modesty

I guess your right we can't listen to him, he gave your team props, and predicted a winning season for you. Saying like Brunell, Dallas will go as far as Bledsoe can take them.

but hey, you say he's unreliable information.

(BTW I love how you just make a crack, but don't dispute anything, or give legitimate reasons why he is wrong.... a bad habit you're forming)

Sorry, but I couldn't resist the temptation to make a new animated gif.

cowboysswept_169.gif

ok, may as well get ready for the Eagles too while I'm at it.

eaglesswept_117.gif

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

hopefully one for the Giants as well :thumbsup:

Sonny may be a drunken old man, but I still like him a lot more than Theismann. Theismann went against us so many times in his predictions...and I understand he is an analyst, but HIS FORMER TEAM.

Youd think a guy that changed the sound of his name would be able to pick his former team!

Everybody know Joey T is a big homer everyone understands why he picked against us simply because he didn't want to jinx the Skins but deep down he was rooting for us.

Mike "Suck Up to the hometown fans" Greenberg, said that if Brunell stays healthy Washington is the team to beat in the NFC East.... and wondered how long before the TO-Parcells trial marriage will blow up.... it's not a question of "if" only "when!"

Mike "Suck Up to the hometown fans" Greenberg, said that if Brunell stays healthy Washington is the team to beat in the NFC East.... and wondered how long before the TO-Parcells trial marriage will blow up.... it's not a question of "if" only "when!"

i really like mike greenberg, hes a good guy and works his ass off from doing mike and mike and then preparing for sportscenter each night

Sonny may be a drunken old man, but I still like him a lot more than Theismann. Theismann went against us so many times in his predictions...and I understand he is an analyst, but HIS FORMER TEAM.

Youd think a guy that changed the sound of his name would be able to pick his former team!

its a jinx.. JT never likes picking washington

How could Sonny not predict a 16-0 regular season? He picks his former team to win every week. :koolaid:

Another Cowboy fan in the beltway... (sigh) Anyway yea thats the joke with Sonny, no matter what the circumstances he will pick the skins to win. In fact winning 13 means that Sonny actually predicted us to lose....SHOCKING!!

Well, you're a brokeback fan. How many games do you predict dallass will win this year? And how many did you predict last year? And the year before that...

I think Sonny gets a bad homer-rap. I have heard him call the skins awful, especially on gameday. He criticizes what needs to be criticized, but praises what needs to be praised. Am I looking for a 13 win season? No, not in this division. IF they stay healthy, it is quite possible.

Oh yeah and:

:dallasuck

Sonny is the ultimate homer, and I love him for it, however he is also a smart person. He made some valid points, and I agree with one in particular. He stated that the o-line has to be very effective this year, similar to the 91' season when Mark Rypien was rarely sacked. Being that everything seems to be in place for success, the health of Mark Brunell is critical. If we can keep him well protected this year, there is no reason why we shouldn't succeed.

My neighbor came over and so I had to stop listening right when Sonny J was coming on the Riggins show. I heard afterwards that Sonny Jurgenson said we would win 12 or 13 games.

Doesn't he always say something like that?

If it wasn't for a couple of fluke losses last season...i.e. (Tampa bay, Oakland and San Diego), :doh: we should have won at least 12-13 games. 12-13 wins is a very honest prediction for last year and this year. :cheers:

What about the fluke wins over Seattle and Dallas? Can't have it both ways.

Here is my question. If Sonny wasn't a homer, would you watch what he says? He has to be a homer since he is the color man on radio. Plus someone else said that Riggins sometimes picks us to lose. I don't see the Redskins Report here in S.C., but I think every team has a media member that is a homer. Everyone needs a Harry Carey.

Also, Theismann picked us for the SB last year in Street and Smith Magazine. He is a homer when he has to be. But because he is on ESPN, he has to remain unbiased in his broadcast. I think if you talked to him off the air, he'd pick us every week like Sonny. Just some words for thought. Not trying to bust anyone's cahonies.

Archived