Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

That final punch that ended the fight was vicious. Hunt took it square on the face, no defense and his head bounced off the canvas from the impact. Hope he is ok.

That was a vicious finish. Hunt has a crazy good chin and a power bomb of a punch but JDS just has too much skill to overcome.  

Cain's cardio, workrate, and style are kryptonite for a guy like JDS.

Even against a 39 year old slow, plodding fighter like Hunt, JDS looked tired in the 2nd & 3rd round.

Does JDS have a chance to land a  huge shot and KO Cain? Sure, however outside of that I see Cain just being the overall better fighter  and wearing JDS out again on his way to a dominant performance.

Mark Hunt is probably going to end up with brain damage from relying on his chin too much. It's sad but damn he's taken some serious shots. 

I'm still wondering how Melvin Manhoef ko'd him with a single punch while moving backwards. That kind of power should not be legal.

2janq08.jpg

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

The cain gif looks like he hit bigfoot on the back of the head. 

I'm still wondering how Melvin Manhoef ko'd him with a single punch while moving backwards. That kind of power should not be legal.

2janq08.jpg

Wow I forgot about that. Manhoef's power is no joke. 

The cain gif looks like he hit bigfoot on the back of the head. 

I saw one or two that went to the back of the head but 10 others that were clean, I don't think it was enough to warrant a DQ or anything.

I watched most of the card- went to a buddy's house that watched all TV events (neither of us saw facebook fights).  I know I wasn't the only person to notice those 2 big blood stains already on the matt when the TV coverage started. 

Decent card overall, love seeing Grant win, JDS was sharp & Cain looked good too, but the UFC has got to stop jerking around their PPV customers.  A few main event fights went early, so you get a bonus replay of an earlier fight, but instead of showing one of the facebook fights that resulted in 2 massive blood stains on the mat, they show 2 fights that where on the TV prelims. 

Most people who buy the PPV also watch the prelims (me being an obvious exception this time of course), giving them a bonus fight that they already saw for free on the prelims is a waste IMO.   

Im not in this for the gore, I dont want to see a blood bath, but obviouslly SOMETHING happened in that fight with all that blood on the ground, why not show it or one of the other facebook bouts when showing a replay on the PPV card.

Maybe the UFC has a crap contract with Facebook, or maybe they want to keep a few fights exclusive to FB so the UFC can see who their hardcore audience is, but showing a FB fight as a bonus to a PPV card is not going to take anything away from FB, it will help grow the sport by showing the most exciting fights of the night and the most exciting replays.

Its baffling how badly Cain beat JDS in their second fight. Outside of that fight, JDS has been completely dominant in the UFC. He put Hunto out worse than even Melvin Manhorse. He's wiped the floor with everyone, even Cain. But all of a sudden, in the rematch, he becomes Jan Finney and Cain turns in to Cyborg.

Cain's fluidity is remarkable. Perhaps I'm reaching, but it reminds me of Marcelo Garcia when he wants to stay on top. It's like he just floats or hovers on top of you no matter how you try to spin out.

The rubber match might not be their final fight. Gotta think the beatdown Cain put on JDS for 5 rounds makes him a heavy favorite.

Well, until Bones moves to HW (which he might in 2 more fights, after he breaks the record and possible A. Silva super fight) there doesn't really seem to be anyone at HW that can beat either of these two guys.

Overeem when 100% and motivated and not being an idiot I think could bang with JDS, but Cain just seems on another level right now.

I think Cain's style frustrates JDS because of the pressure and pace Cain can put up.  JDS was looking tired against Hunt, but luckily for him Hunt is 39 and no cardio king either so it didn't matter much in their fight.

Stylistically I think Cain is an awful matchup for JDS because of how he can wear down JDS and take away his offense, and what does JDS have to offer in return once the fight goes to the ground?

Also, just wanted to give JDS some props for his win.  JDS showed that you can be winning a fight, fighting smart but still take just enough chance in the final round to make a statement with a big finish rather then merely coast to a victory.  Dude should be commended for not simply running away in a fight he would have won 29-28 if he had reached the final bell.

Bellator confirms 'Rampage' signing, includes TNA wrestling and reality series

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jun 04, 2013 at 12:15 pm ET

Bellator MMA today confirmed the signing of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and unveiled a "monumental, multi-year partnership" that includes work with TNA Wrestling and a reality series geared around his MMA debut.

Bellator, Spike TV and TNA Wrestling jointly announced the deal, which MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported earlier today.

Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Meh...I am not a fan of MMA fighters alternating between fights and wrestling. It just gives some people more ammo to align the two together and question the legitimacy of MMA.

As for Rampage, I am indifferent at this point. I used to be a big fan, but I have soured on him in recent years. He will win some fights in Bellator because the competition level just is not that great, especially at LHW. He will declare that he is back and in the best shape of his life and Rebney will say that he is the best LHW in the world. And then he will lose a fighter with better cardio.

I might watch his fights, I might not. I don't know at this point. I just don't see many matchups that would intrigue me for Rampage in Bellator. Rampage himself does not get me going right now, because I know what he is at this point of his career. And that's fine, dude was a warrior for a long time. But he has not had a compelling performance in a while. It has to be a good fight to get me interested, and I just do not see that many of them possible in Bellator. 

Edited by lovetoaster

• 2 weeks later...
'Korean Zombie' replaces Anthony Pettis, meets champ Jose Aldo at UFC 163
A knee injury has forced Anthony Pettis (16-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) out of August's UFC 163 main event, and "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung (13-3 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has stepped in as an injury replacement and will now fight UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo (22-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) for the title.

Well fudge, I was really looking forward to that fight. This should still be a very good fight, and the Korean Zombie deserves the shot.

With that being said, I hope we see an impressive performance from this guy this Saturday night:

Dan_Henderson.jpg

The standup fight Aldo and Pettis would be...DAMNIT.

KZ is a miracle worker, not gonna complain too much, cool fight, Aldo by knee to da head.

Go Hendo!!!!!!!! I think if Rashad gets knocked silly he may retire. He hasn't had the old spring in his step lately. Hendo's cardio may suck, but he fights like a mad bull in the first round. Think he gets the early KO.