Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Holy **** what a fight!

:ols:

Tate dominated round 1, round 2 was a bit more even but I still give the edge to Tate. But she seems gassed for round 3 and Zingano got her second wind it seems.

---------- Post added April-13th-2013 at 10:27 PM ----------

Knees from hell!

Zingano had an impressive comback. You could tell there she was fighting off nerves at the beginning. When it comes to WMMA in the UFC people have to realize that at this point a lot of these women are being scouted right out of regional promotions, there isn't yet the built in feeder leagues for WMMA yet. For the guys at least before they would be in PRIDE or Strikeforce, or now Bellator, Pride FC, etc etc etc, which at least feels like a big step up.

Most of these women are going from fighting in fonrt of a few hundred to the UFC, the first fight has to be nerve-racking.

Tate vs. Zingano was epic, impressive how each seemed to be going big and going for finishes the entire time.

Zingano looked good. Strength-wise she is probably the strongest opponent Rousey will have faced. Rousey's technique on the ground is still leagues above Cat's, however you saw Cat's pure strength enable her to reverse a lot of Tate's dominant positions. It was fun to watch. Zingano definitely has the striking ability to TKO Rousey though.

Tate is claiming that the first knee strike was illegal as her hand was still on the ground constituting the lame "Downed fighter" technicality. She also said it was a premature stoppage as she was going to the ground to attempt a takedown and not due to the elbow. I'd have to rewatch.

Faber looked like his usual elite dominant self any time he isn't in a title fight. It is amazing how he can look so good until get gets into a title fight. He probably just earned a reamtch against Barao.

Uriah Hall? What can you say? Looked like dude bought into his own hype and tried to just coast to a victory before the fight had even started. There were plenty of times early in the fight it looked like Hall could have pressed the action and done real damage, but he was so sure of himself he was content to just glide through the fight and ran into an opponent who was willing to give it 110%.

Watching the prelims, great comeback KO from Dillashaw. Thought he was on the way to getting stopped, but he turned it around. And I'm shocked at the decision for Masvidal. Thought Means got rounds 1 and 3 pretty handily.

I'll take Cormier by hulk smash in round 1.

Nate by decision.

Benson via decision.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I thought Thomson had a chance of winning, but never thought he would stop Diaz.

Them boys are getting figured out, movement throws off their striking game.

Damn, Diaz's corner actually threw in the towel as the ref was stopping the fight.

Edited by StillUnknown

I am in shock, never I thought I would see Nate get tkoed. It was a good stoppage no doubt about that. Nate was winning that second round in my opinion then that head kick just landed flush.

the headkick in the first round landed with the foot, the 2nd one was all shin