Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Condit cracking up when Diaz says "wolf tickets" along with GSP's confused face, priceless. And then GSP asks Condit what "wolf tickets" means and then gets pissed off about it enough to say something. Hendricks got a single question and Diaz didn't even give a ****, he just started talking hahaha.

I agree with others on here that Diaz just moves in circles, getting upset and then apologizing and saying GSP is the best fighters, and then getting pissed again since "who knows how they test here" *mic drop* *lean back*.

Also maybe it's just me but GSP looks smaller than Diaz. I know GSP has a lot of lower body muscle and Diaz does not. GSP's also always been super cut

Edited by styx491

Also maybe it's just me but GSP looks smaller than Diaz. I know GSP has a lot of lower body muscle and Diaz does not. GSP's also always been super cut

Agreed. At first I thought that might be to Nick's advantage but now I think it's clear that Georges is once again training according to his opponent. He's ready. Nick is Nick and won't change a thing about his training or style for anyone and this causes him to lose big fights.

I am very pessimistic about Nick's chances tomorrow night. I actually think GSP is in Nick's head, not the other way around like most are saying.

However, I'm a bit tired of St. Pierre. Go Diaz.

BTW- I expect the weigh-ins to be broadcast on some obscure DirecTV channel tonight but just in case they aren't- a link is welcome and appreciated!

Edited by Chachie

BTW- I expect the weigh-ins to be broadcast on some obscure DirecTV channel tonight but just in case they aren't- a link is welcome and appreciated!

Weigh-Ins were at 4pm est, everybody made weight.

GSP over Nick by Unanimous Decision: I don't expect this one to be particularly close. GSP may play the stand up game for a minute or two and work kicks from distance, but if Nick has a modicum of success, GSP will plant him on his ass and ride out the rest of the round.

Condit over Hendricks by Unanimous Decision: Hendricks could make this a little easier if he used his wrestling, but I think he'll be looking to land that bomb. Hendrick's obviously has the power to end anybody's night, but Condit is better overall striker. I think Condit manages to avoid the killshot and does enough to win 2 of the 3 rounds.

I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan. Before the Condit fight, he was in barnburner after barnburner. Love his training regiment.

He might contradict himself, he might talk in circles, but it A) Gets the opponent riled up (awesome)...and B) It's like watching a loose cannon. You just don't what direction and trajectory it's going to fire next. It's like watching a Chael Sonnen interview, except for the quick witted thinking of course. :ols:

His attitude doesn't bother me enough to even come close to hating the guy. There are much worse people, dude just wants to smoke and train without being bothered. He's got some sort of insecurity issue that makes him flaky, then he lashes out when he finally makes an appearance. Just who he is, he's been great to watch fight.

I think he's also mad because everybody, including him, knows that GSP can take him down with one arm tied behind his back. I think GSP will try to keep this fight standing as much as possible. GSP's jabs and superman punches will swell Nick's face up early. Leg kicks will slow him down, I'm not sure GSP will need to take it to the ground. The X factor is that GSP can most likely take Nick's hardest punch. If it gets dicey, well I'm sure his top game is ready to go.

Johny Hendricks and Nick are two of my favorite fighters. Gonna be hyped!

Also, I feel like Ellenberger and Marquardt are very evenly matched. Could steal the show.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

UFC 158: "How come nobody photoshops MY posters?"

Jake Ellenburger vs. Nate "the Late" Marquardt: Tough call here. Both fighters showed great, great things two fights ago and then both looked uninspiring in their last fight. I have to believe Nate is a bit more tender after coming off the bullying he took from Saffedine. Ellenberger should not underestimate Marquardt and if he doesn't he'll take care of biz.

Jake UD over Nate.

Johny Hendricks vs. Carlos "The Natural Born Killer" Condit: I really like both fighters a lot. Rig's got the power (Damn, son.) and the wrestling. I think Condit's been tested more. I think Carlos will once again have to overcome an early deficit but I think he'll gut it out. I love his flying knee finish and I would like to see him catch "Lil' Hendo" coming in. Total toss-up here though.

Condit by TKO, late rd 2

Georges "Rush" St-Pierre vs. Nick "Headrush" Diaz: I think we'll see a frustrated Nick Diaz tonight. GSP is an awful match-up for him. Cerebral fighters are his kryptonite. I'm listening to Nick talk to Ariel Helwani right now and he hasn't completed a thought in 60 seconds. War Freaking Diaz. I'm tired of GSP. I would actually like to see him get choked out.

GSP by UD.

Joe Rogan needs to shut up, Nick was not clearly winning. I had Chris winning the first and third.

Turns out you were right. I had to run upstairs and quiet my daughter who had woken up...what was Ring's reaction to the decision?

Edited by Forehead

Turns out you were right. I had to run upstairs and quiet my daughter who had woken up...what was Ring's reaction to the decision?

I didn't notice. Fight wasn't to exciting but I loled cause Chris had some of his sponsors names covered by tape.

---------- Post added March-16th-2013 at 08:20 PM ----------

The juggernaut has disgusting power.