Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'd like to see Penn-Alves if Penn insists at staying at 170. I wold much rather see him go back to 155 and stay there. If he fought Edgar like he fought Fitch (you know, with a gameplan), he might still be champ there. He is too small for his cardio weakness to handle the big wrestlers at 170.

Alves is fighting Story though.

I think they are waiting to see what happens with Shields-GSP to name Fitch's replacement.

that knee was the best thing about that card. Alvarez won easily, but it wasn't that impressive imo.

Ben Saunder's fight was damn near a snuff film, I cannot understand how his opponents corner allowed him to go out for round 3. Saunder's was a bloody mess, but it wasn't his blood

I was shocked at the Good/Hawn decision. I thought Good clearly won rounds 1 and 3, while clearly losing round 2. The only argument I could see for Hawn winning round 1 is that he was moving forward and pushing the action. That takedown at the end of round 3 was the only thing he did in that round. He was getting tagged the entire time they were on their feet. Great chin, but he definitely lost that fight in my opinion.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I was just reading through the Beavis and Butthead wiki page, when I came across this in the "Revival" section:

MTV president Van Toffler said that the duo will also watch Ultimate Fighting Championship matches

Man, this has some ridiculously good potential for laughs. Beavis going ape**** during the Starnes/Quarry fight, or both of them falling asleep during Sylvia vs. Arlovski III. Just hearing their reactions during a crazy fight will get me laughing.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

:rubeyes:

Pros who picked Diaz: 26

Pros who picked Daley: 3

Pros who couldn’t decide: 2

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Pros-Pick-Diaz-vs-Daley-31395

I think I'll go ahead and pick the favorite here, as well. Everyone and their mother knows how Daley is approaching this fight. I think Diaz is too sly in his approach to let Daley get inside his reach. Daley slows down, can't crack Diaz' chin, succumbs to strikes late.

I think I'll go ahead and pick the favorite here, as well. Everyone and their mother knows how Daley is approaching this fight. I think Diaz is too sly in his approach to let Daley get inside his reach. Daley slows down, can't crack Diaz' chin, succumbs to strikes late.

There's a good chance of Diaz getting KO'd, but if he avoids the early bombs and wears down Daley, he'll end up getting the submission eventually.

I think Diaz makes some good points in the last few minutes of the interview. Try to survive through some of the nonsensical ramblings he starts off with, but when the conversation turns to technique and rules and differences between the way UFC gears its rules towards. Hard to disagree.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/nick-diaz-pre-fight-interview/895503668001

Frank Shamrock: Nick [wins]. Destroys him with THC-laced BJJ and gangster boxing.

:ols:

I think Diaz makes some good points in the last few minutes of the interview. Try to survive through some of the nonsensical ramblings he starts off with, but when the conversation turns to technique and rules and differences between the way UFC gears its rules towards. Hard to disagree.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-sports/nick-diaz-pre-fight-interview/895503668001

He's 100 percent right about that. I feel sorry for the fans that missed the exciting fights that used to take place in Pride.

He's 100 percent right about that. I feel sorry for the fans that missed the exciting fights that used to take place in Pride.

He's said the same things before. The ring vs the cage is another reason why the UFC favors wrestler/stallers/point scorers.

As a Diaz fan and a Daley hater, I am worried about tomorrow night. I'm worried Diaz will go in there like he always does with his chin out, no gameplan, and try to prove he is tougher and better at boxing than Daley. I think Daley has a better chance to win than most are giving him.

WAR 209!!!!!!

As a Diaz fan and a Daley hater, I am worried about tomorrow night. I'm worried Diaz will go in there like he always does with his chin out, no gameplan, and try to prove he is tougher and better at boxing than Daley. I think Daley has a better chance to win than most are giving him.

WAR 209!!!!!!

I'm with you, Bowsk. After watching the weigh-in clip though, I think Nick can use his height to find some range until he gets a takedown. I keep forgetting how tall he is for the weight. At any rate, I back Nick as always.