Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The thing is, I question Penn's motivation moving forward. It seemed he was giving Fitch the rematch, almost as a benefit of the doubt to him, because he felt that Fitch had a good case for winning their first match, so it was almost like a favor to Fitch. Is Penn motivated to fight someone else? As a huge Penn match, the last thing I want to see is an out of shape, unmotivated Penn show up and get worked by someone else at 170.

Condit makes alot of sense

Unfortunately, like NoCalMike, I honestly question Penn's motivation and focus moving forward. I he has just seemed drained after his last few fights and I don't know who he will really be motivated to fight. I think Condit or a guy like Kim would stand a very good chance at beating Penn, even if he was motivated and ready to fight.

I have never been a huge fan, but I definitely respect him. But the bottom line is that he is 1-3-1 in his last five fights at welterweight and obviously lost his last two at lightweight. I think he is in a tough spot even though he is obviously still a huge draw.

what card would BJ vs condit be on? I hope its not the main event.

Well, Fitch and Penn was supposed to be at 132, which also has Faber-Cruz and Ortiz-Bader (I know that's not a big fight, but Ortiz still sells). But I expected them to throw another big name matchup on that card, just because it is July 4 weekend and that is usually one of their bigger ones. I imagine they would keep Penn on that card, unless they just have him on the shelf for a little longer until Fitch heals, but I do not know what his injury is.

I think Penn-Condit would be a pretty interesting fight, although I know that Condit does not really have widespread name recognition. I think that fight would be finr at 132, but it would not be the main event.

They could also put him against Jim Miller at 155. If Miller wins, he gets a title shot.

Well that's an interesting idea. Miller probably deserves a title shot now, but he is going to have to fight again anyways before then given the current situation within the division. I guess if he wins that fight, it would be hard for anyone to argue whether he deserves the title shot.

Edited by lovetoaster

Unfortunately, like NoCalMike, I honestly question Penn's motivation and focus moving forward. I he has just seemed drained after his last few fights and I don't know who he will really be motivated to fight. I think Condit or a guy like Kim would stand a very good chance at beating Penn, even if he was motivated and ready to fight.

I have never been a huge fan, but I definitely respect him. But the bottom line is that he is 1-3-1 in his last five fights at welterweight and obviously lost his last two at lightweight. I think he is in a tough spot even though he is obviously still a huge draw.

I agree. BJ has never liked to train and now it's becoming obvious that he doesn't like to fight past the 1st round. If he can't get an early finish, he deflates and pouts his way to a loss. (That was hard to say because I'm a huge Penn fan, but it's true.) He should retire and preserve his well-respected legacy.

A very recent broken hand has forced light-heavyweight Mike Kyle (18-8-1 MMA, 2-3-1 SF) to withdraw from a fight next Saturday with former champ Gegard Mousasi (30-3-1 MMA, 2-1 SF) at "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley."

Strikeforce official Mike Afromowitz today confirmed the news to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) after an initial report from MMAFighting.

Afromowitz said the search for a replacement opponent is underway.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23065/broken-hand-takes-kyle-out-of-fight-with-mousasi-at-strikeforce-diaz-vs-daley.mma